DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

How many cars do we think we are getting? I mean we've never had an update just with cars, so I guess there's the potential for more than one class to be added?

How many cars do we think we are getting? I mean we've never had an update just with cars, so I guess there's the potential for more than one class to be added?
6 for modern masters +2 for sweden? Maybe 3 in a new class, + 1 each to round out the 2000's/2010's? 

edit: or 4 in a new class + 2 to 2010's and sweden will be 2 more 2000's? I dunno, I'm just guessing here. 

edit 2: I think there was a tweet or something somewhere saying there were 8 more cars coming. 

I always assumed there were going to be 5 new cars. 3 in the new class and one new car in two other classes. But I dont mind getting more

Completely off topic

@KickUp Sometimes it's easier to criticize the work of a team than to make a compliment. Often here in the foruns we focus only on things that can be improved. Positive criticism is good, but it's still criticism nevertheless.

With that written, truth must be told: The updated Impreza sound is the most realistic I've ever heard in a game. EVER. EVERY aspect of it is just flawless. The engine, the anti-lag, the whine, the turbo chirps...

Many congratulations! Keep the superb job! :blush: 

The whole of Group B was originally meant to be a cars only pack before it was shifted to be in the initial release, so that should give an idea.

Yeah, worth crediting @soundfx for that, he did a star turn on that one ;)
Yup! And Ryan Champion for giving us access to his car. 

It is my favorite car to drive in the game, because the performance is 'good enough' and the sound of the car is so phenomenal. I am not even a 'Subaru guy' - it is just plain fun to listen to. 

dwkGravey said:
pupazzo said:

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/653494997187227648

Not the Lancer Evo 6 but other Lancer? Or some other kind of Evo (like Audi Sport quattro E(volution)2)?
I like this reply:

https://twitter.com/kevinmadine/status/653613774625239040

My bet: Carisma. (Not really.) (But it'd be funny.)

I still think it's the Fabia Evo he is referring to... :)

AphDburn said:
6 for modern masters +2 for sweden? Maybe 3 in a new class, + 1 each to round out the 2000's/2010's? 

edit: or 4 in a new class + 2 to 2010's and sweden will be 2 more 2000's? I dunno, I'm just guessing here. 

edit 2: I think there was a tweet or something somewhere saying there were 8 more cars coming. 
The number 8 is a bit of guessing from us on here. We were told pre-RX that there were "more than 15" cars in development, so let's take a conservative 16. 6 RX cars have been introduced as well as the 2 2000s cars in the Finland pack, so minimum of 8 left in production. Now, we don't know if all those are licensed so maybe we'll see less than that, but that's where the number comes from, so let's work with that.

Now Modern Masters will introduce a new class, but not all new cars will be in the new class. So there's likely to be a few. Sweden in the timeline refers to 'cars' plural so we can assume maybe 2 there, following the precedent of Finland. So let's guess 6 for MM.

I'd assume the 2007 Focus will join 2000s class, but it would seem strange to have a three car class with 2 Focuses (Focai?) so I'm thinking one more in there. Going by the periodic table and existing relationships, I'm guessing Peugeot 307. And I'd guess there'll be at least one addition to the 2010s too, most likely VW but maybe Hyundai or very unlikely DS3.

Unless it's something really left field, I imagine the new class would have to be one of:
- R4/N4 (would have been my top guess, but Paul confirmed no Mitsubishi this update so I guess not)
- S2000 (recent classic IRC era, would be my first choice with the Punto, 207, Fiesta and Fabia - several Monte Carlo winners. Probably would have been in from the start though as the 2 models were in D3)
- R5 (would seem strange to me as they're basically mini versions of the 2010s class, but very popular and Ford/Peugeot licences might be possible)
- R2 (again Ford/Peugeot/Opel all possible, very different cars)

If it were any of those, a 2 or 3 car class wouldn't seem to prevent many difficulties based on current content and all would offer something slightly different.

AphDburn said:

The number 8 is a bit of guessing from us on here. We were told pre-RX that there were "more than 15" cars in development, so let's take a conservative 16. 6 RX cars have been introduced as well as the 2 2000s cars in the Finland pack, so minimum of 8 left in production. Now, we don't know if all those are licensed so maybe we'll see less than that, but that's where the number comes from, so let's work with that.

Now Modern Masters will introduce a new class, but not all new cars will be in the new class. So there's likely to be a few. Sweden in the timeline refers to 'cars' plural so we can assume maybe 2 there, following the precedent of Finland. So let's guess 6 for MM.

I'd assume the 2007 Focus will join 2000s class, but it would seem strange to have a three car class with 2 Focuses (Focai?) so I'm thinking one more in there. Going by the periodic table and existing relationships, I'm guessing Peugeot 307. And I'd guess there'll be at least one addition to the 2010s too, most likely VW but maybe Hyundai or very unlikely DS3.

Unless it's something really left field, I imagine the new class would have to be one of:
- R4/N4 (would have been my top guess, but Paul confirmed no Mitsubishi this update so I guess not)
- S2000 (recent classic IRC era, would be my first choice with the Punto, 207, Fiesta and Fabia - several Monte Carlo winners. Probably would have been in from the start though as the 2 models were in D3)
- R5 (would seem strange to me as they're basically mini versions of the 2010s class, but very popular and Ford/Peugeot licences might be possible)
- R2 (again Ford/Peugeot/Opel all possible, very different cars)

If it were any of those, a 2 or 3 car class wouldn't seem to prevent many difficulties based on current content and all would offer something slightly different.
Right that's for clarifying all that. 

Yeah S2000 seems like the most likely right now I think. 

Yeah, S2000 are the great sounding N/A 4WD that were used for IRC and ERC, currently in the process of being replaced by the much duller sounding R5s. Personally I feel they warrant a place in game as they were really important in rallying in the late 2000s and would be a more different proposition to the 2010 cars than R5s. However, as they don't appear on the 'periodic table' I consider them least likely of the above.

R4 (N4 for national homologations) is what used to be Group N.

With that written, truth must be told: The updated Impreza sound is the most realistic I've ever heard in a game. EVER. EVERY aspect of it is just flawless. The engine, the anti-lag, the whine, the turbo chirps...
Have yet to hear it: with such high praise I really want to listen to it now!

tbtstt said:
You have not looked at Youtube?

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
You have not looked at Youtube?

Something interesting that I keep looking at is there are not many NEW cars, besides WRX cars, that have not been seen before in DiRT series.  

What we have new from DiRT 3:

Focus RS Rally 2001 - last appeared in CMR5
Impreza 2001 - last appeared in CMR4
Lancia 
037 Evo 2 - last appeared in CMR5

Peugeot 205 T16 Pikes Peak - NEW
Peugeot  306 Maxi - NEW
SEAT Ibiza Kitcar - NEW

I think that is everything 

The rest are carry-overs from D3 

So... what could we have that we have seen previously and not necessarily new.

gfRally said:

Certainly a lot more cars from the early World Rally Car era. That was the biggest omission of DiRT 3 and is surely a period they are going to want to cover further? (Though the '01 Focus and Impreza are a damn good start!)

gfRally said:
Something interesting that I keep looking at is there are not many NEW cars, besides WRX cars, that have not been seen before in DiRT series.  

What we have new from DiRT 3:

Focus RS Rally 2001 - last appeared in CMR5
Impreza 2001 - last appeared in CMR4
Lancia 037 Evo 2 - last appeared in CMR5

Peugeot 205 T16 Pikes Peak - NEW
Peugeot  306 Maxi - NEW
SEAT Ibiza Kitcar - NEW

I think that is everything 

The rest are carry-overs from D3 

Pretty sure the 306 and Ibiza kitcars have appeared in the series before.