DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@BrySkye take your sensible posts out of the gossiping forum at once :P 

(good points though)

It seems very beyond-coincidental that those cars are what they've been featuring in trailers and promos, but that's possible because they're trying to avoid the comparisons and show different things than can be seen (and look better in) DR screenshots.

Exclusivity doesn't have to be for entire manufacturers though, it could be for certain cars or platforms. It would seem weird for Milestone to be paying extra for that though.

Nostalgia seems to play a big part in rallying, with most games featuring the old classics.

I was always fairly 'so what' about D:R not having Mitsubishi or Toyota but seeing that classic Castrol ST185 GT4 in the Loeb trailer, I have to say, its awesome looking and does need to happen!! 

Exclusivity doesn't have to be for entire manufacturers though, it could be for certain cars or platforms. It would seem weird for Milestone to be paying extra for that though.
Celica ST185 and ST205 are both in Forza 6, including custom parts to turn them into the rally versions.

@BrySkye no we do not know all the behind the scenes stuff, that's why this is good gossip :wink: 

i I just got a different impression when @justbiglee posted that some manufacturers (Toyota) just we no long interested in Rally.  Perhaps, as you have said, they had s bad contact.  I'd like to think they didn't burn any bridges with them.  Maybe this topic is going in circles though.

It was just surprising that they showed up in that video, it was just my initial reaction.

Hey look over there -> is that a Subaru 22B WRC?  ;) 

gfRally said:
@BrySkye no we do not know all the behind the scenes stuff, that's why this is good gossip :wink: 

i I just got a different impression when @justbiglee posted that some manufacturers (Toyota) just we no long interested in Rally.  Perhaps, as you have said, they had s bad contact.  I'd like to think they didn't burn any bridges with them.  Maybe this topic is going in circles though.

It was just surprising that they showed up in that video, it was just my initial reaction.

Hey look over there -> is that a Subaru 22B WRC?  ;) 
You must have missed the post months ago where someone here emailed Toyota TMG about DiRT Rally and they responded that they hadn't had any contact from Codemasters, nor had they even heard of DiRT Rally, but their cars were going to be in SLRE.
That was months ago and actually the first confirmation Toyota was going to be in it way before Milestone said anything. =p

Paul is still quiet about the future of DiRT rally after EA

http://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/654981549956448257

Will be oh so interesting to what happens at launch and after EA. Either they have a big release package with new cars and more stages available at launch, and keep going with regular DLCs. Or DR will just get released as is, and then they hopefully use the physics and engine for a DR:2 with more or everything.

I seriously hope they keep building on DR with regular DLC:s and stuff for years to come.

gfRally said:
https://youtu.be/4EJLjhKXnqc

Well, well, well... we see who go (stole?) some of the license from Codemasters.  Toyota, Renault, Citroen and Mitsubishi have played nice with Milestone.

This is especially disappointing about Toyota
 It really hurts to see Toyota appearing in SLRE.
Truly hope there wasn't signed and Exclusive licence between Milestone and Toyota.
I hope the marketing dept wakes up and relaizes they*d jsut licecsed their brand to the first loser of the battle for the Rally Game Crown.
2015: 
1. D.R
2. SLRE
3. WRC5

Dytut said:
hopefully use the physics and engine for a DR:2 with more or everything.
Agree on the physics, completely disagree on the engine. Current iteration of the Ego engine that they're using for DR isn't bad, but you can see it's old (especially when looking at grass). I would imagine they will be moving to a new engine or a new version of Ego that will remove most of the limitations they have now and bring the next game to a graphical level of DriveClub or at least very close to that level.

Needless to say, they definitely seem to have a good groundwork laid out for the next rally game.

gfRally said:
Benniz said:
@Rallycameraman If you have put some money aside, upgrade to a Thrustmaster T500 RS instead, a great upgrade from the Logitech G25 :)
I have money put aside, but unfortunately it's to take part for real next year ;)
@Rallycameraman 
Lord help those you compete against!
Can you compete in a different class to us please?
Can't make any promises sorry :P

G37L057 said:
Dytut said:
hopefully use the physics and engine for a DR:2 with more or everything.
Agree on the physics, completely disagree on the engine. Current iteration of the Ego engine that they're using for DR isn't bad, but you can see it's old (especially when looking at grass). I would imagine they will be moving to a new engine or a new version of Ego that will remove most of the limitations they have now and bring the next game to a graphical level of DriveClub or at least very close to that level.

Needless to say, they definitely seem to have a good groundwork laid out for the next rally game.
Engine is more than just the graphics though. 
A new engine means throwing out most of that groundwork and starting from scratch.

Cheeky trailer. Well-played, Milestone.
  • Body is 1 characters too short.
  • ^^ Error message is 1 character too long.

People move jobs all the time. Nothing unusual about it. The blog says it was for personal reasons, so lets just wish her all the best and not read to much into it :)

gfRally said:
https://youtu.be/4EJLjhKXnqc

Well, well, well... we see who go (stole?) some of the license from Codemasters.  Toyota, Renault, Citroen and Mitsubishi have played nice with Milestone.

This is especially disappointing about Toyota

Interesting liveries too.

Oh and the game isn't sounding all that bad, anything could be better than WRC5 now.
From a point of view, since Sebastien Loeb is French, its normal that Renault & Citroën stick to "his" product.
I dont know what to think yet of SLRE; sounds great, looks great.. but I dont have a perception of how it works

BrySkye said:
Engine is more than just the graphics though. 
A new engine means throwing out most of that groundwork and starting from scratch.
Of course, but they know exactly what they're aiming for now, so even if the new engine or a significant update to the Ego engine would render a lot of the groundwork useless, they already have the "blueprint" shall we say.
In all cases, a change to a newer engine is inevitable, especially with DX12 and Vulcan coming up.

That Stratos in Loeb Rally Evo shows how you can do a livery that's reminiscent of the original Alitalia branding. One for the Dirt Rally artists to think about?

Dont know if it is gossip but in the background sound of the menu a s2000 screams beutifully, maybe it is that we are going to have some s2000  :blush: 

Or maybe it was just a F2 Kit Car, you know, 2.0 N/A engines...
but yeah, i hope we get some S2000, i loved the IRC back in 2009-2010

Or maybe it was just a F2 Kit Car, you know, 2.0 N/A engines...
but yeah, i hope we get some S2000, i loved the IRC back in 2009-2010
Yes, could be a kit car, but i think that it is a Fiesta S2000 sound, that would be awesome!!!
Maybe is my mind that want to drive a s2000 think that the sound comes from one LOL