DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Evilsmurf said:
People move jobs all the time. Nothing unusual about it. The blog says it was for personal reasons, so lets just wish her all the best and not read to much into it :)
It just means we get to annoy @KickUp again when we need to ask questions lol

SLRE will have a Proton Satria... Oh wow, I guess DR will need its own S2000 cars now. ;)

TPJP said:
SLRE will have a Proton Satria... Oh wow, I guess DR will need its own S2000 cars now. ;)

Yikes. Not at all a criticism of the game, but that looks like old plastic Blender 3D renders I made from the 90's (car lit for night, sky late afternoon, road neither). Codies have always executed their art side well...despite their name's emphasis on being coders. :)

Must admit that SLRE is looking like it will have an awesome car list. Still can't see the handling matching dirt though. Unless Loeb stormed in to milestone studios angry the day after the early access launch and started slapping people and showing them what they should have made

That's what he should have done, but what he really did was put his head in his hands, and cry.

Remember how he did the first rally this season and promised he'd come back again, never to return? That's because he saw that pic and realized his game looked more like Seb Loebs RC Evo

That's what he should have done, but what he really did was put his head in his hands, and cry.

Remember how he did the first rally this season and promised he'd come back again, never to return? That's because he saw that pic and realized his game looked more like Seb Loebs RC Evo

He's now chosen a sport in which he can just disappear into the desert and think about his life. 

TPJP said:

Well, if they have used the proton to have an s2000 it means that codies might have the licenses of the better ones, i dont think that SLRE fisrt option was an ugly proton, maybe se have the skoda, the ford,the mini, maybe d3 fiat, the peugeots i think that SLRE will have it.

Did anyone anywhere (i may have missed it) mention "exclusive" on the licensing front?  Hopefully not, because it means the licenses are available if we're seeing them in games.

Did anyone anywhere (i may have missed it) mention "exclusive" on the licensing front?  Hopefully not, because it means the licenses are available if we're seeing them in games.
No mention of exclusives anywhere.
And you can be very damn sure Codies don't have any cars under exclusive license apart from possibly the FIA WRX content.

Also, some of these cars could possibly be under a older license from their WRC games, WRC3 for example had exactly this same Celica shown in the Trailer, same goes to the Satria Neo.
I recall Shift 2 Unleashed having some licenses for some tracks that still carried over from the GT Legends and GTR2 era (having Dijon, Enna and Zolder wasn't a coincidence at all :P ) maybe it's the same case with SLRE...

BTW, this makes me wonder, do launching the game under Early Access impacts either negatively or positively the licensing with some manufacturers?

Also, some of these cars could possibly be under a older license from their WRC games, WRC3 for example had exactly this same Celica shown in the Trailer, same goes to the Satria Neo.
I recall Shift 2 Unleashed having some licenses for some tracks that still carried over from the GT Legends and GTR2 era (having Dijon, Enna and Zolder wasn't a coincidence at all :P ) maybe it's the same case with SLRE...

If I recall correctly, licenses have to be renewed for each title. I don't think there is such a thing as carry-over licenses. What may happen is licenses becoming easier to renew due to company-developer relations.

Also, a bit off-topic but I don't want to start a whole other thread just for this: does anyone know if the Kit-Cars run V2 physics? Which classes do and don't actually?

If I recall correctly, licenses have to be renewed for each title. I don't think there is such a thing as carry-over licenses. What may happen is licenses becoming easier to renew due to company-developer relations.

Also, a bit off-topic but I don't want to start a whole other thread just for this: does anyone know if the Kit-Cars run V2 physics? Which classes do and don't actually?
I don't think kit cars are running full v2, but they're on a better setup than v1. 

warpengage said:
It solely depends on how they go about getting the license. Some can for one game, some for few games or few years. The Porsche exclusivity that EA had is one of the best examples of a possible way of attaining a license (bad way, but still a way).

G37L057 said:
warpengage said:
It solely depends on how they go about getting the license. Some can for one game, some for few games or few years. The Porsche exclusivity that EA had is one of the best examples of a possible way of attaining a license (bad way, but still a way).
That's rather different since EA have a long-term exclusivity deal with Porsche. 
EA essentially manage the Porsche licensing for video games, which is why the likes of Microsoft/Turn 10 have to go to EA to feature Porsche.

60´s, 70´s, 80´s, G.B RWD, 2010, 2000´s, and Kit cars has V2.

V1 = Gr.A, Gr.B

OzoreXS said:

V1 = Gr.A, Gr.B
Not true..

60s, 70s, 80s RWD, 2000s and 2010s have v2

Gr.A and Gr.B 4WD have v1 but will be updated to v2 in Modern Masters

Kit Cars and Gr. B RWD have v1.5 and will get their update next as will the Pikes Cars. 

OzoreXS said:

V1 = Gr.A, Gr.B

G.B rwd and kit cars don't have V2 yet.

V1 = Gr.A, Gr.B, Gr.B rwd and kit cars.

The Gr.B rwd and kit cars have V1.5, not the full V2 yet.

OK, thtat explains many things xD

My bad, sorry for any confusion... and thanks for clarifying!

BrySkye said:
G37L057 said:
warpengage said:
That's rather different since EA have a long-term exclusivity deal with Porsche. 
EA essentially manage the Porsche licensing for video games, which is why the likes of Microsoft/Turn 10 have to go to EA to feature Porsche.
Yes, but point stays. The way license is acquired, used or anything regarding that license in fact is down to how they go about it.

From Gomnes on Steam:

So, a small bird whispered in my ear, well actually a friend who works on the Mitsubishi R5 cars that said a bunch of Codemasters came to his workplace and started to analyse everything on one of their R5 cars. 

G37L057 said:
BrySkye said:
G37L057 said:
warpengage said:
Yes, but point stays. The way license is acquired, used or anything regarding that license in fact is down to how they go about it.
Kind of, but the Porsche/EA example is a unique scenario. There's no other car licensing agreement even remotely like it.
Pretty much every other licensing deal is on a per-game basis. It's considerably more expensive for either exclusivity or a longer term deal which is an extra chunk out of budgets. For most devs/publishers, the revenue from one game is what provides the funds for licenses in the next game.

From Gomnes on Steam:

So, a small bird whispered in my ear, well actually a friend who works on the Mitsubishi R5 cars that said a bunch of Codemasters came to his workplace and started to analyse everything on one of their R5 cars. 

Interwesting, vewwwwy interwesting! 

I take it that your pal wouldn't just say stuff for the sake of getting us excited? ;] 

From Gomnes on Steam:

Interwesting, vewwwwy interwesting! 

I take it that your pal wouldn't just say stuff for the sake of getting us excited? ;] 
Oh, I don't know the guy at all, but it was a forum post that certainly seemed worthy of this thread.

will be interesting to see how pikes peak cars handling is improved man they are the worst in this game. only thing i dont like. then again not a big pikes peak fan little boring for me.