DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

He said we will have an Evo, just not the one everyone expects 

From Gomnes on Steam:

So, a small bird whispered in my ear, well actually a friend who works on the Mitsubishi R5 cars that said a bunch of Codemasters came to his workplace and started to analyse everything on one of their R5 cars. 

Well, if true, then new class is R5, confirmed.
KevM said:
He said we will have an Evo, just not the one everyone expects 
Yes, but is it a Lancer Evo from Mitsubishi, or another car with "Evo" in its name?

From Gomnes on Steam:

So, a small bird whispered in my ear, well actually a friend who works on the Mitsubishi R5 cars that said a bunch of Codemasters came to his workplace and started to analyse everything on one of their R5 cars. 

Well, if true, then new class is R5, confirmed.
If they're only starting looking at them now, it's not coming this month - possibly the 'super secret' ones from the road book, something for the future.

Hopefully the in game ones will be more reliable than the one I passed on the side of a stage yesterday

i didnt see either of them yesterday!
I've got some onboard footage of us going past them if you want to use that?

Clip from SS1 of it here: https://youtu.be/ZWp-4IAt6-o

Always feel it needs a bit more in the way of aero when I see it.
It has a spoiler to go on it, just it's not been homologated/log booked with the MSA yet.

Yes, but is it a Lancer Evo from Mitsubishi, or another car with "Evo" in its name?
That's the problem, in the mid-00's, every manufacturer had an Evo!! lol. 

Speaking of R5s, instead of getting the probably more expensive (to license) Fiesta WRC facelift, couldn't they license the R5 and R5+ Fiestas? That would be great.

Speaking of R5s, instead of getting the probably more expensive (to license) Fiesta WRC facelift, couldn't they license the R5 and R5+ Fiestas? That would be great.
Dont think that m-sport will make so much troubles or ask a lot of money to the codies, m-sport also appears at the start of the game so... For me the new fiesta is 90% confirmed in modern masters, as well as r5 and a lower spec fiesta (r2 or r1)

Dont think that m-sport will make so much troubles or ask a lot of money to the codies, m-sport also appears at the start of the game so... For me the new fiesta is 90% confirmed in modern masters, as well as r5 and a lower spec fiesta (r2 or r1)

Msport was tagged in a tweet from paul about the last roadbook.

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/655025969170939904

BrySkye said:
Kind of, but the Porsche/EA example is a unique scenario. There's no other car licensing agreement even remotely like it.
Which is exactly why it's one of the best examples. It shows that when it comes to licensing, only your imagination and depth of the wallet matters.

G37L057 said:
BrySkye said:
Kind of, but the Porsche/EA example is a unique scenario. There's no other car licensing agreement even remotely like it.
Which is exactly why it's one of the best examples. It shows that when it comes to licensing, only your imagination and depth of the wallet matters.
Actually imagination and depth of wallet don't always work out. 

I can't give details but even EA can't throw money at some manufacturers to make their imagination come to fruition. 

KickUp said:
G37L057 said:
BrySkye said:
Actually imagination and depth of wallet don't always work out. 

I can't give details but even EA can't throw money at some manufacturers to make their imagination come to fruition. 
Well, of course they don't always work out if someone goes way over the board. Both parties need to agree on the terms, but what the terms are is down to imagination still ;) And the wallet of course.

I can only imagine that even Porsche was reluctant on that deal with EA. Still wonder why some manufacturers are so against licensing *cough*Honda*cough*.