Rally R4:
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX

Rally R5:
Citroen DS3 R5
Peugeot 208 T16 R5
Ford Fiesta R5

Also, still in the theme of modern cars, for the F2 class we are still missing the Opel Astra kitcar and the Renault Mega Maxi. Lots of cars to consider, really.

I dont get the message what's the big issue with the licensing for the 2015 cars?
Well , of course they're given to noobs rally dev's  Kyloton.  But who cares  ?
Why not licensing the 2014 season Polo WRC , Fiesta WRC and I20 WRC for Dirt Rally ??
Wouldn't make any remarkable difference gameplay wise .... and I doubt, the 2014 car's licenses are reserved or have been aquired by any other Dev, are they ??

I just hate licensing. I think that (not from a business perspective) it's all quite pathetic to be honest, especially when things get completely hogged. 

ask Ivanushka for them.... xD

I think, since this is a railway game theres no place for car licenses but trains.

OzoreXS said:

I think, since this is a railway game theres no place for car licenses but trains.
The mods started to delete posts in the WRC threads now, and not just ones with people arguing; constructive criticisms are being deleted, as well as general disappointed posts. 

I dont get the message what's the big issue with the licensing for the 2015 cars?
Well , of course they're given to noobs rally dev's  Kyloton.  But who cares  ?
Why not licensing the 2014 season Polo WRC , Fiesta WRC and I20 WRC for Dirt Rally ??
Wouldn't make any remarkable difference gameplay wise .... and I doubt, the 2014 car's licenses are reserved or have been aquired by any other Dev, are they ??

Hum good question. I think they couldn't get the license for the Fiesta facelift.

We should all start a petition to the FIA/WRC, to have @KickUp get the 2016 license.  I'd buy it!

I wouldn't like to see a fully licensed game to be honest, what I would like is something similar to the world rx content. All the cars and drivers and a selection of locations. Then we still get all the other cars and stuff. Doubt it would happen, but it would be cool

OzoreXS said:

The mods started to delete posts in the WRC threads now, and not just ones with people arguing; constructive criticisms are being deleted, as well as general disappointed posts. 
Whoops... 

It would appear as though my criticism of the mods duties and tongue-in-cheek criticisms of the game were not appreciated.

I wouldn't like to see a fully licensed game to be honest, what I would like is something similar to the world rx content. All the cars and drivers and a selection of locations. Then we still get all the other cars and stuff. Doubt it would happen, but it would be cool
The WRC license could be to blame why WRC5 is so lame.  The revs may have so many restrictions, it ultimately is not even their design.  Just a guess for 1/2 the reasons.

gfRally said:
The WRC license could be to blame why WRC5 is so lame.  The revs may have so many restrictions, it ultimately is not even their design.  Just a guess for 1/2 the reasons.
I haven't looked much into the development, but I'd guess the reason it's so poor is because they took on way too much in a short space of time.

gfRally said:
I wouldn't think they have too much of an input to be honest.  The quality is reported to be atrocious.  
If the game was as it is visually, with the stages as they are currently, but had the Codies wheel support, stability, physics, handling, sounds and pacenotes of D:R, I would likely consider buying it just to play about with!

I'd personally love to see all the current wrc cars in the game, not fussed over all the locations though, as we already have a good selection

Nope, a full WRC license is a no go for me. Too much pressure coming out with a yearly product. No way they can put together quality stages like in DR for all countries with limited time/budget. It would just hold Codemasters back in my opinion.

Disappointed and surprised about the most recent news. I hope at least some of the other recent WRC cars can be licensed. They don't have to be 2015, they could be previous year cars.

I hope they at least get the older DS3 and the Polo (and goddammit, update the ugly Mini Countryman to the WRC version already! lol)
even if it's not possible, i would be very happy with some of the older WRC cars, some N4 and some S2000 cars, i'm afraid the R5 cars will be too much similar to the 2010s in behaviour, so the S2000,  N4 and more 2000s cars would be the perfect choices to flesh out the variety

I'd personally love to see all the current wrc cars in the game, not fussed over all the locations though, as we already have a good selection
We have one or two epic stages per location currently, which are then fragmented & reversed.  
Sufficient for some WRC locations as is, but too concentrated for others.  Germany has much more than just the Panzerplatte, a vineyards stage would be great to see, France, Poland, Australia, all great locations also.  The R&D would be a complete nightmare for the guys, to create 13 locations to the same level as what we have currently would be tight going, but you know they'd make a spectacular attempt at it!

I wouldn't like to see it become a yearly release, no way. But what about a one off wrc content release? All the current cars and teams. Once we have Sweden we will already have 5 out of 13 (14 including China next year) current wrc locations. So 8/9 more location following the same pattern of 2 long unique stages with variations. If 8/9 is too much then there could just be a limited selection of additional locations

It's never going to happen, but it would be pretty cool

I wouldn't like to see it become a yearly release, no way. But what about a one off wrc content release? All the current cars and teams. Once we have Sweden we will already have 5 out of 13 (14 including China next year) current wrc locations. So 8/9 more location following the same pattern of 2 long unique stages with variations. If 8/9 is too much then there could just be a limited selection of additional locations

It's never going to happen, but it would be pretty cool
We have 4 Wrc events and 1 ERC since acropolis isnt a wrc event actually

I want another ERC location, the Barum Rally Zlín, it is just pure awesomeness, stupidly narrow roads with crap quality tarmac and tons of high speed corners, it's like that forest section of the german stages, only better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu5kpaJdTZU 
Completly agree with you barum rally is a beast i love it, find esapekka lappi onboard last years shakedown, it is terrific, all ERC rallyes are great, Açores,Barum Rally and auto24 rally Estonia, are my favs, what about having ERC license? We can have all the rc2 cars and lower Categories!!