DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@KickUp just teased us some new car coming in Winter Wonderland Pack. Sick! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhe3brybBFs&index=2&list=LLOjMYaj6LAWkaVwyrTUkO6Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbObmJDmgts&index=1&list=LLOjMYaj6LAWkaVwyrTUkO6Q

+ Rallycross Pikes Peak 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eeG095ygnY&index=5&list=LLOjMYaj6LAWkaVwyrTUkO6Q

Looks like lots of fun!  The General Lee would be at home in Kontinjarvi lol

I want another ERC location, the Barum Rally Zlín, it is just pure awesomeness, stupidly narrow roads with crap quality tarmac and tons of high speed corners, it's like that forest section of the german stages, only better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu5kpaJdTZU 
You and me both. ERC has the best tarmac rounds in rallying; Zlin, Ypres and the one I'm going to next week: Valais.

Those are all just mods, like how I put the Celica GT-Four from DiRT 3 into Dirt Rally, both in Rally and on Pikes Peak.

On a fundamental level, I don't think the goals of the WRC for games lines up with those of DiRT Rally.
WRC is on the decline. One of their goal for the WRC License in gaming is to attract new fans, being as accessible as possible to the largest audience possible. Its merchandise.
To them, there is no benefit in targeting the hardcore or simulation rally market because not only is it niché, but they are already fans of their series. So when devs pitch more realistic games, I can imagine this actually being a cause for concern.

I wouldn't like to see it become a yearly release, no way. But what about a one off wrc content release? All the current cars and teams. Once we have Sweden we will already have 5 out of 13 (14 including China next year) current wrc locations. So 8/9 more location following the same pattern of 2 long unique stages with variations. If 8/9 is too much then there could just be a limited selection of additional locations

It's never going to happen, but it would be pretty cool
We have 4 Wrc events and 1 ERC since acropolis isnt a wrc event actually
Wales
monte carlo
finland
germany
and Sweden to come, so 5 plus Greece as a former wrc event and current erc

most of the wrc games have suffered same mistakes since launch lol. that alone proves they dont know what they doing . i played 1-4 all same issues.

dodge charger in rally would be terrible :D

I wouldn't like to see it become a yearly release, no way. But what about a one off wrc content release? All the current cars and teams. Once we have Sweden we will already have 5 out of 13 (14 including China next year) current wrc locations. So 8/9 more location following the same pattern of 2 long unique stages with variations. If 8/9 is too much then there could just be a limited selection of additional locations

Wales
monte carlo
finland
germany
Sorry i didnt read that you have put sweden in the 5, it was my error  :(

Wales
monte carlo
finland
germany
Not to worry ;)

So, we will be getting at least one more 1.6litre, either the polo, ds3 or i20 then?

Wales
monte carlo
finland
germany
Not to worry ;)

So, we will be getting at least one more 1.6litre, either the polo, ds3 or i20 then?
My bet is i20 ( not my fav, for me is the worst and ugliest of the actual wrc) because of maybe kevin abbring who visited codies hq influenced hyundai to lend the license to codies, but just imagination

dgeesi0 said:
most of the wrc games have suffered same mistakes since launch lol. that alone proves they dont know what they doing . i played 1-4 all same issues.

dodge charger in rally would be terrible :D
Well, there's two sets.

You have the original WRC fivesome by Evolution Studios and all for the Playstation 2
World Rally Champsionship - 2001 and my first PS2 game along with Devil May Cry
WRC II Extreme
WRC 3
WRC 4
WRC: Rally Evolved.

These were pretty well regarded.

Then you have the Milestone tetralogy, which is more correctly called "WRC: FIA World Rally Championship", "WRC 2: FIA World Rally Championship", etc
Losing the WRC license, they are now making Seb Loeb Rally Evo, which will be build around the same tech.

WRC 5: FIA World Rally Championship is the first by Kylotonn, so although it's continuing the naming/numbering, it's got nothing at all to do with the previous 4 games, and so has its own host of new issues.

The tweet doesnt close the door for 2014 or previous WRC,only the current season car is out of reach so lets be positive and hope for the best.The best for me would be:                                                                           1)Mini changed from proto to 2011 spec(same 3d as rx car)
2)Fiesta mirrors changed from early spec to the later steady ones plus antennas.
3)A DS3 from 2013 or before.
4)i20 is getting obsolete very soon so it should not be impossible to get it.

Not the biggest fan of the 1.6L WRC cars. Feels like my bike has more power than those. Whole "poof" of the car comes from the turbo basically. Not to mention the sound isn't the most... intimidating of sorts. But more variety in the 2010s will always be nice.

G37L057 said:
Not the biggest fan of the 1.6L WRC cars. Feels like my bike has more power than those. 
Yet they continue to break stage records... and in 2017 they will be running 380 BHP!

tbtstt said:
G37L057 said:
Not the biggest fan of the 1.6L WRC cars. Feels like my bike has more power than those. 
Yet they continue to break stage records... and in 2017 they will be running 380 BHP!
So what, they still look and sound rubbish. :P

I20 is personally my favourite, mainly because Thierry and Hayden paddon are my favourite drivers, but I hope we get the polo too, just because it looks awesome this year!

tbtstt said:
G37L057 said:
All that means you'll be running even more turbo-centric power output... Maybe at least they'll start looking better with additional aero upgrades :P
tbtstt said:
G37L057 said:
LOL xD Well, Fiesta doesn't look that bad though (then again not as good as Focus).

tbtstt said:
G37L057 said:
I actually really like the look of the Fiesta and the Polo. The DS3 is a bit tame looking, but once it gets a wider track and more aer that should improve things (assuming Citroen are still in the WRC at that point of course).

The sound is a fair point. Still, the Countryman sounded great (even if it did look awful), so it is possible for the 1.6T to make a good noise!

tbtstt said:
The sound is a fair point. Still, the Countryman sounded great (even if it did look awful), so it is possible for the 1.6T to make a good noise!
But you can get a lot better noise from a 2.0L and bigger. Friggin greenpeace taking away our orchestry xD

KickUp said:
@KickUp  Can we expect any more 1.6 litre WRCs?

Maybe ;)
You little minx! 
A-hyuck! I never expected anyone to call Paul this. It took a bear to make it happen, but I can finally tick it off my bucket list.

Job3k said:
@KickUp just teased us some new car coming in Winter Wonderland Pack. Sick! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhe3brybBFs&index=2&list=LLOjMYaj6LAWkaVwyrTUkO6Q

+ Rallycross Pikes Peak 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eeG095ygnY&index=5&list=LLOjMYaj6LAWkaVwyrTUkO6Q

I DO WANT!!!!!!!

I, personally, like the sound of the 1.6 liter engines. They made the car louder again. The last 2.0 liter cars are not as good sounding as their 1.6 replacements. I prefer the DS3 to the C4 and the Fiesta to the Focus when it comes to sound.

I feel like the only one here who likes the look and sound of the current cars! I'm slowly filling up my bedroom at uni with them!