DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I like 'em as well, most of the newer compacts looks great, the Mini was fugly though, and the i20 has a great front but the body looks like a minivan
I love the raspy sound as well

No you're not alone Mike, I love 'em! Can't wait for Rally GB!
Ohhhh goodness, it's almost time for an early, misty start to freeze my bollocks off in a forest. It's by far my favourite weekend of the year! 

I also like 1,6l WRC and R5 cars so much it must be somehow weird...

Which one of the coming updates contain the Ascona 400? :)

No you're not alone Mike, I love 'em! Can't wait for Rally GB!
Ohhhh goodness, it's almost time for an early, misty start to freeze my bollocks off in a forest. It's by far my favourite weekend of the year! 

I'm really tempted, just don't know whether I can justify the money being a student. Just about to start a dissertation plus another huge project as well, so I will probably have to put it off this year. The last two years I've had guest passes due to my brother and dad competing in the nationals!

Come to think of it, if Codies can't get the Fiesta RS WRC, why not try the R5+?

I think its not the WRC part which is the problem, it's the newer shape Fiesta that they can't license (correct me if I'm wrong)

Come to think of it, if Codies can't get the Fiesta RS WRC, why not try the R5+?

I think its not the WRC part which is the problem, it's the newer shape Fiesta that they can't license (correct me if I'm wrong)

@AstroMotorsport No its the 2015 WRC car that we couldn't get - we have the 2015 Rallycross Fiesta

— Paul Coleman (@Kick_Up) October 20, 2015

Paul has clarified already. If the problem was the 2015 shape, specifically, they wouldn't have the Rallycross Fiesta.

Also, Paul's favorite car from the new pack is:

@Job3kkk the red one

EDIT: I apologize, I do not know how to add tweets properly.

Well as I've said before, if they can't license the WRC, then why no get its closest cousin? Like so:

This could probably be an alternative for the WRC @KickUp 

Well as I've said before, if they can't license the WRC, then why no get its closest cousin? Like so:

Yes, the only thing that i dont like of r5+ is the 5gear gearbox (if it is the sameone of the r5)

cars that drive different or are challenging are more welcome from me. how many ford focus or fiesta do we need ?

My guess is that we will be able to have the new generation I20 in prototype form. And the car looks bullocks. I personally also prefer the 1.6L cars over the 2.0L, specially the latter ones. C-segment cars were too big already to look muscular in race specs. This little things looks like they swallow a hole lot of steroids down with racing fuel. Simple crazy. And they sound better as well, at least for my taste.

@AstroMotorsport No its the 2015 WRC car that we couldn't get - we have the 2015 Rallycross Fiesta

Paul has clarified already. If the problem was the 2015 shape, specifically, they wouldn't have the Rallycross Fiesta.

Also, Paul's favorite car from the new pack is:

@Job3kkk the red one

EDIT: I apologize, I do not know how to add tweets properly.
The red one could be a 206/307 total to add to 2000 class, my bet is 307 to match more the 07' focus of Steve perez and because of periodic table

Probably Red Bull has a timed exclusive contract with Kyoloton.(for some amount of time currrent WRCs are exclusive to them).

Looooooong long time ago, in the early days of the Gossip thread I posted a link to Jon Tucker's tweet. It showed the VW Polo WRC and said 'Braking news...'.

It was a long while ago, things may have changed, but I'm still hoping the VW Polo will be a part of the Modern Masters pack :)

The problem with that is, it's damn near identical to the WRC car. 

G37L057 said:
tbtstt said:
The sound is a fair point. Still, the Countryman sounded great (even if it did look awful), so it is possible for the 1.6T to make a good noise!
But you can get a lot better noise from a 2.0L and bigger. Friggin greenpeace taking away our orchestry xD
I personally don't agree with this statement: the displacement of the engine isn't really relevant when it comes to engine note or volume. 

Rallycross Supercars are all still 2.0L and, for the most part, the basic engine notes are fairly indistinct from each other as they are all inline four cylinder engines. There are a handful of exceptions, but it is only the exhaust configuration and mapping of certain cars that gives them a distinct noise (Solberg's DS3 is foremost in my mind with that statement). 

The Delta S4 is a 1.7L and that sounds savage: that's nothing to do with engine displacement, but down to the forced induction setup. 

The current WRCars are relatively limited in terms of engine configuration, that is really the biggest flaw of the current rule set. The 2.0L era did allow some different engine types (such as Subaru's flat four) which will of course produce very different soundtracks. Having said that, the sound of a 1.6L car screaming through the trees has - like a lot of aspects of the 1.6L WRCars - slowly won me over. I personally think they are lot more spectacular to watch on the limit than the last of the 2.0L cars.

Everyone here keeps bashing WRC5, but the stages themselves in that game aren't half bad.

tbh, they're almost as good as DiRT3's Trailblazer sta- oh, wait... wrong discipline.

Ignore what's written above. WRC5 is a TOO WIDEARCADE POPCORN FAKE RALLY GAME with UNREALISTIC ARCADE PHYSICS and BAD GRAPHICS AND SOUND only for POPCORN PLAYERS!!!

Okay, you may now return to DiRT Rally.

Apparently, the issue of the 2015 Fiesta WRC was already discussed before EA even began. Because, according to Paul, they asked Ford if they could have the 2015 WRC model and they said no, so they asked for the previous one and that's what we got. In other words, if the 2015 Fiesta WRC was accepted, we would have had it in-game from the beginning of EA, instead of the one we have now.

https://twitter.com/Azoresst/status/656607628840345600´

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/656724047858790401

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/656724225470795776

I agree with paul there. I'd much rather have a different car than just a facelift on an existing one. Not having the 2015 fiesta never really bothered me anyway