DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Paul also says the damage is likely to be improved, and confirms a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO. R4 I guess.

I wish there were both the Evo IX and X. But if it's just one it's already good. :)

@Evilsmurf  

Wow, you where right!  Lots of stuff "for the future" which is always good to hear.  Also good to hear some of the stuff in the next update.

SO I guess we will be seeing a lot of these new little improvements next week.

R4 , and one evo confirmed . That means there is probably a Subi in too. PLEASE let it be this model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w7iXg5PQR0

SkyRex said:
R4 , and one evo confirmed . That means there is probably a Subi in too. PLEASE let it be this model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w7iXg5PQR0
I prefer the n14, but just my opinion

I'd guess it's whichever one the hatchback model is, they're fairly common in R4 and would make sense as to why they improved the model for a single car in RX. If the 4 achievements aren't each for a new car then I'm going to get my hopes up about there potentially being more than 4 then.

Was another 2010s car confirmed anywhere?

I'd guess it's whichever one the hatchback model is, they're fairly common in R4 and would make sense as to why they improved the model for a single car in RX. If the 4 achievements aren't each for a new car then I'm going to get my hopes up about there potentially being more than 4 then.

Was another 2010s car confirmed anywhere?
Keep up, man! :)

Achievements now named and there is just the one for R4, the others are basic online versions, I think just to fill out some achievemens for this release.

Look at this @1:32! Forget about Mutsibushis, I want one of these!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcOB9QSfdX8
A good excuse to re-watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFCI1PIEfRU

So how many cars were we expecting again?

Are there only 4 main cars in the R4 class?
There are three on the periodic table, which so far has proven to be the best guideline for guessing cars. Every car in the game is also on the periodic table under all the proper classes with the exception of the Ford Fiesta RS.

Under the R4 class we find the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX & X and the Subaru Impreza STi N14. Maybe we'll see some more 2010s/2000s/F2 cars though, this update.

my guess is Evo IX, X, Subaru N12 and N14
maybe i'm overestimating, but three of these models appeared in the other DiRTs

So, i can't see why they'd include the same car, albeit a different version, in the same class, but i'd vote against the Evo IX and  X being in R4.

Do we already know in which class the teased Focus will be ? Maybe they will put it in R4 aswell ?

So, i can't see why they'd include the same car, albeit a different version, in the same class, but i'd vote against the Evo IX and  X being in R4.
so the class will have only Subarus? R4 is basically these 4 cars said earlier (plus the old Megane N4 which is front wheel drive and nobody uses)

kobeshow said:
Do we already know in which class the teased Focus will be ? Maybe they will put it in R4 aswell ?
If the devs are completely ignoring what the R4 class is in real life, maybe...

Performance-wise, the Focus WRC 06 will be better balanced with the 2010s, and i think it's the better guess, since in DiRT3 it was under the "Pro" class (in which we had the C4 WRC, Focus WRC 08,  Fiesta WRC 11 and the Countryman Rally Edition)

So If I'm not wrong we were told that this pack will have 8 cars (or at least it was planned, please correct me If I'm wrong). The new category is very clear that is the R4 class, with one Evo on it. I would bet that this category will have 2 cars, maybe 3. The Evo X and the Subaru N14. Now it's clear that we will have new cars on the 2000's and probably on the 2010's too. From what we've seen from both DR and SLRE, we should not expect the 2015's WRC cars, so I wouldn't count with any 2015 WRC car on the game, but we may have the DS3/Polo/i20. Now we shall wait for update and see what it will bring to the game! :smiley: 

@Azoresst I think it was for this update there would be 6 and 2 with sweden for a total of  8 more. 

But i'm pretty sure the timeline said sweden would include cars before they had to remove the renaults. If anything sweden will include 2 cars + the renaults

@KickUp also mentioned something in a previous roadbook about some super secret cars in prototype stage?

On Steam forums in answer where KickUp listed car brands in DR he mentioned Citroën. Maybe C4 or Xsara coming next week?

I bet for the C4. Paul said he favourite car of this pack is the "red one", so I think it could be the C4 with Red Bull or Total livery. I still hope for a DS3, Polo or i20. 

Valtsude said:
On Steam forums in answer where KickUp listed car brands in DR he mentioned Citroën. Maybe C4 or Xsara coming next week?
He's ruled out the Xsara on Twitter. I'd love the DS3 but I don't think it's very likely unfortunately.