DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I though of another sign for the Delta. At least here in Portugal, the greek letter delta is used to represent a sum of all terms. How can I put this in words... like, if you have a X1, X2, X3, the Xtotal could be called DeltaX. And this came to me in the middle of my Mechanics exam, so If I fail I'll process Codies for the mind games that are making me crazy

I've always used letter Sigma to denote sums Σ 

In school I remember delta being used to denote a difference/change. DeltaT would be for example change in temperature. In F1 a lap delta is the difference between two laps.

So in rally Delta could also mean a difference in time between competitors or split time.

Delta would have some cool rally meanings and uses and it just happens to be the fourth letter in Greek alphabet...

My thoughts are:
4a = DiRT "4" Alpha.

4b = DiRT "4" Beta.

Well let's gossip a bit. If this is true and the "next" DiRT game aka DiRT "4" entered on beta, the game are complete on features, assets and code and they'll fix bugs. The Beta starts 2/3 months before the release. Codies usually announce games 3 months before the release, If all this is true (DiRT "4" on beta) the game should be released on 2014 with a announcement soon! Or they're trolling us and the game is on alpha stage. Alpha Stage usually occurs eight to ten months before the release! :p  

With @GentleNameMVB material, my final thoughs are:

- Alpha started on October 2013 or before;
- The game it's on Beta at the moment;
- An announcemment should appear soon;
- The game will be released on November 2014;

@justbiglee @kickup If I'm right just give me a cookie!  ;)

Another twitter account for people to follow is @sound_fx. 

Never know what dave might post up ;)

sounds like my guy to follow!  (no pun, really!) 

Azoresst said:

That's a bold prediction and in a way I hope it's true! :)

I agree that DiRTy devs tweets suggest that development of the next DiRT game went into a different stage (from Alpha to Beta?), hopefully one that means that majority of devs working on GRIID Autosport were deployed onto the DiRT game to develop at full speed :)

The F1 game throws a spanner in the works and @T4RG4 making trips to Codies HQ suggests that something is up. Could it be that the F1 game is behind schedule? Many people expected news by now, but the delay could be down to FOM slow approvals. The teams at HQ and the Birmingham studio are working on 'next-gen' tech so it makes sense for the key people to meet and discuss. Would any tech created for DiRT be useful for the F1 game? And vice-versa? I guess the lighting and graphics tech would .

In all likelihood the next game released by Codemasters will be for the new consoles so they want to come out with a bang. Will that bang be F1 2014 or DiRT4/Quattro/Delta/Rallysport? :)

I suspect that Codemasters will not want to release their F1 game later than the usual window of September -October. Would they want to release a DiRT game close the F1? I'd say no :( 

Another twitter account for people to follow is @sound_fx. 

Never know what dave might post up ;)

Slightly off topic, but on the subject of sound has anyone played Gran Turismo 6? Picked it up a few weeks ago and Polyphony need a slap for some of the audio: the S1E2 quattro sounds awful!

@gfRally a truer statement was never expressed on t-shirt! :D This one beats even 's*** happens' :) Could you share this logo as jpeg or png?

I've just had a look over on the F1 game forums and I'd say the DiRT team don't have it as bad as the F1 folk! :) Everyone pretty much knows that an F1 game will come out sometime this year, it 99% certain it will come out on PS4/XB1 and that it will have similar limitations (FOM licencing) compared to previous efforts. Conspiracy theories and rumour spreading there is at a level higher than DiRTy Gossip :) Some folk over there are plain aggressive.

We have no idea when next DiRT game will come out and it's been over three years since the last one. Yet, we're so polite :P 

Nevertheless, F1 dev comments suggest that news are imminent and these news will help us keep on guessing when DiRT is scheduled for. 

@GentleNameMVB‌ that's why dirt is superior to Tarmac, in fact Tarmac is just there to get you to dirt.  

For really cool Rally related items or T-Shirt i would recommend Wetheterrors:
http://www.wetheterrors.bigcartel.com/

They got really cool gear, T-Shirts, Iphone covers, stickers, caps etc etc...
I think @kick_up is already fan from the group B gear ;-)

You should check out the website ;-)

For really cool Rally related items or T-Shirt i would recommend Wetheterrors:
http://www.wetheterrors.bigcartel.com/

They got really cool gear, T-Shirts, Iphone covers, stickers, caps etc etc...
I think @kick_up is already fan from the group B gear ;-)

You should check out the website ;-)

Yeah I will second that, I haven't ordered any but they have a great selection.

gfRally said:

Yeah I will second that, I haven't ordered any but they have a great selection.

I've bought two t-shirts from We The Terrors and they're pretty good. One of them was the 'Child of the 80s' design.

I wonder if the man behind We The Terrors could create a special DiRTy Gossip edition...

Imagine a DiRT3 Scooby in a slide on a Welsh stage, with @JonTucker and @KickUp inside the car looking rather happy and pleased with themselves. Next to the road there's a group of spectators with clueless expressions, wondering whether they're in the right place :) Behind the spectators there's a man with a very wide smile and the man appears to be waving DVD cases with 'Di' visible... :)

Joking aside I'm eagerly waiting for August as the F1 game news will surely arrive some time soon and I'm really keen to see Codies' next-gen tech in action!

It's likely DiRT and F1 would share technology so we may see a glimpse of 'the storm Codies were cooking' :)

I've been hunting around the WRC story, and it seems WRC 2014 game might only be on 3DS, see http://www.playconnection.fr/new/index.php#news

Whilst WRC 5 will be in 2015 from Kylotonn Games (as ThierryNeuville said earlier): http://www.lemagsportauto.com/wrc-5-change-pilote/3637/ - translated last line: "WRC 5 will not be released in 2014, the game will be released next year to coincide with the 2015 season of the World Rally Championship (WRC). The question is whether the game will be available at the beginning or end of the year. 5 WRC will only be available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One."

So if Dirt4 (or whatever it will be called) can make it out in 2014, it stands to be the only rally racer around!

I've got little to go on this, but it's possible that Tunnock's World Rally Team members paid a visit to Codies HQ. Another explanation is that Codies stocked up on all those Teacakes all by themselves :)

https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/494411720925122560

Was it Robert Barrable (drives a Ford Fiesta R5 in WRC2)? Was his co-driver Stu Loudon there too?

https://twitter.com/stu_loudon/status/494428997900861440

He is happy about something 

http://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/494468019486474240

@justbiglee see I had to bring the typical dutch cookies with me at my codies visit..... instead of the poster.... hmmm will remember that next time ;-)

working on a big theory based on posts today.  I'll post my findings later, after work.  I have been wrong and misled before and no one at Codie's will confer more deny that my theory is correct.  Look for my post later today.  running out of postits and string for this one! 

sorry to be vague, just need to work it out before I post anything.   

gfRally said:

working on a big theory based on posts today.  I'll post my findings later, after work.  I have been wrong and misled before and no one at Codie's will confer more deny that my theory is correct.  Look for my post later today.  running out of postits and string for this one! 

Haha:) Looking forward to the big reveal :D

F1 game news will be announced tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/LukeSpringUK/status/494562638614249472

While the above may not be directly related to DiRT we should get a better idea when the next rally game may come out and whether any next-gen magic was brewed over the past months.

Accidental reference to number 4? I don't think so :)

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/494449395430330368

Azoresst said:
My thoughts are:
4a = DiRT "4" Alpha.

4b = DiRT "4" Beta.

Well let's gossip a bit. If this is true and the "next" DiRT game aka DiRT "4" entered on beta, the game are complete on features, assets and code and they'll fix bugs. The Beta starts 2/3 months before the release. Codies usually announce games 3 months before the release, If all this is true (DiRT "4" on beta) the game should be released on 2014 with a announcement soon! Or they're trolling us and the game is on alpha stage. Alpha Stage usually occurs eight to ten months before the release! :p  

With @GentleNameMVB material, my final thoughs are:

This may be a stretch, but here goes!

Lee posted this awhile back: (June 13th)

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/477441815092527104

and this was tweeted last week: 

https://twitter.com/MrHarveyParker/status/492431068172402689

Some quick math put me at July 18th, which @justbiglee‌ replied with a typical response, but adding this to what @Azoresst‌ put up it could work out like this: 

Technology for Ego4 engine (for next gen consoles, etc) started not long after DiRT3 (June-Aug? 2011).  This was not working on DiRT4 per say but rebuilding the engine for new technologies and more features.  This could have gone into mid 2013 with bits and pieces picked up for the next rally game (and with Jon and Paul's rally adventures in 2012).   This is just trying to guestimate the gap between 2011 and 2013.

Now refer to @Azoresst‌ timeline, and insert July 18, 2014 as a target date for (first?) Beta.  Which could have ended up being pushed to last week (so my 18th was a little off, but beta could have slipped too).  So if this is still following a predictable timeline today we get this:

https://twitter.com/BenWalke/status/494442577186537472

I am thinking 6 weeks to get a teaser/announcement/video or some sort of public release from CM that DiRT4 exists. Thats around Mid September (10th?) and 6 weeks from then is Mid/Late October (similar to @Azoresst‌ November prediction)

Also today was posted this:

https://twitter.com/gflinch/status/494445885192146944

Again the 6 (weeks) + 6 (weeks) + empty carton (6 weeks past = team goal of some sort), so again may point to 6 weeks away from an announcement.  Refer back to when Grid Autosport was released, June 24th, about 6 weeks ago.  Time for another announce meant, right?  Yep, tomorrow F1 2014 will be officially announced, we will see tomorrow if there is a date, and how that fits in.  

Now something else that I have noticed today, in the 6 tea cakes picture.  The cakes are from Tunnock's (ahem.. a Scottish company).  Today is the anniversary of Colin Mcrae's 1995 3time win Rally New Zealand.  Mcrae = Scottish (duh!)  Also in the picture is the DiRT... logo with the # conveniently clipped in all the pictures of the cakes today.  Also some sort of union jack box looking thing, perhaps another Colin Mcrae reference, since he was a UK citizen (a stretch? probably). 

Then I see this:

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/494468019486474240

Now what does the "Director, Community Relations" do?  Are they happy that the Mcrae family accepted to license Codies the Colin Mcrae name again?  I am probably stretching this a lot, maybe dreaming a little, but could we see the Mcrae name on the next DiRT or Rally game?  I don't know.. There has been a lot of tweets referencing Colin Mcrae games/cars/etc over the past several months...

Oh well, that is my BIG conspiracy theory.  Confused yet?  @justbiglee‌ is! @GentleNameMVB‌ :)

@gfRally - Wow! I'm confused! :D

I'll share my views on your theories when I get back from work, but my latest theories are:

2 boxes with 6 teacakes = 12 - 12 weeks away from a game release: F1 2014 to be released on October 22nd

@justbiglee tweets about 35 doughnuts on 13th of June 2014 - 35 weeks from that date we end up in February 2015 - release month for the next DiRT :)