DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

G37L057 said:
AphDburn said:
I don't think we'll be seeing R2, R5/S2K. They would have added achievements for those. If we do get any cars outside of the R4 Class it will be 2000/2010s
Well, some F2s are possible... or not if Renault is still an arse.
I wonder what happened with the Astra...

It would just make no sense to put 2l cars in 2010s class. '11 WRC cars had more changes than the engine displacement, for example the lack of electronic driving aids and they also started to use cars from B-segment instead of C.

I also think that the C4 is very strong candidate in this update because of the Citroën-slip in car manufacturer list and also because of the red favourite car comment.

Just my five cents.

Valtsude said:
It would just make no sense to put 2l cars in 2010s class. '11 WRC cars had more changes than the engine displacement, for example the lack of electronic driving aids and they also started to use cars from B-segment instead of C.
You do realise that engine displacement doesn't matter? The cars still produce 300BHP anyway and they have the same weight limit. Suspension is newer on '11 ones but like you mentioned restrictions came regarding electronic aids, so it should level out nicely.

Putting an '07 car against an '01 ones is a complete and utter nonsense.

G37L057 said:
Valtsude said:
You do realise that engine displacement doesn't matter? The cars still produce 300BHP anyway and they have the same weight limit. Suspension is newer on '11 ones but like you mentioned restrictions came regarding electronic aids, so it should level out nicely.

But if that's the case, and they are also adding the C4 , then that would alreay add up to 1300k for just these two cars. which would mean only two R4 cars, no modern WRC cars like the Polo and a total of 4 cars for a pure car update...
seems unlikely

But I agree that the 07 Focus doesn't really fit any class (since we know only R4 will be a new class due to the achievments). BUT IF it is in this update (which seems so considering Pauls tweet) then it will be in the 2000's . For one simple reason : It was built and used before 2010, which means it can't logically be in 2010's class. 
So assuming every class gets an achievemnt, that means either the Focus will be in 2000's or it will not be in this update

@KickUp PLEASE GIVE CLUES FOR THIS GOSSIPERS! OR RELEASE MODERN MASTERS
Keep calm, what you are suffering it's nothing compared to what the older gossipers suffered in the past year!

Azoresst said:
@KickUp PLEASE GIVE CLUES FOR THIS GOSSIPERS! OR RELEASE MODERN MASTERS
Keep calm, what you are suffering it's nothing compared to what the older gossipers suffered in the past year!
I was also gossiping but not as active member, every day checking if a Dirt was out  ;)

SkyRex said:
G37L057 said:
Valtsude said:

But if that's the case, and they are also adding the C4 , then that would alreay add up to 1300k for just these two cars. which would mean only two R4 cars, no modern WRC cars like the Polo and a total of 4 cars for a pure car update...
seems unlikely

But I agree that the 07 Focus doesn't really fit any class (since we know only R4 will be a new class due to the achievments). BUT IF it is in this update (which seems so considering Pauls tweet) then it will be in the 2000's . For one simple reason : It was built and used before 2010, which means it can't logically be in 2010's class. 
So assuming every class gets an achievemnt, that means either the Focus will be in 2000's or it will not be in this update
Why Focus 2007? Why not Focus 2010, like in DiRT3?

SkyRex said:
G37L057 said:
Valtsude said:

seems unlikely

Because Steve Perez car is '07 and it is the car that they used is it, to make a realistic game you need real data, and the data is from a '07 not a '10  :)

SkyRex said:
G37L057 said:
Valtsude said:

seems unlikely

Because Steve Perez car is '07 and it is the car that they used is it, to make a realistic game you need real data, and the data is from a '07 not a '10  :)
Yeah ok, but that's not a parameter, you know. Take our 2001 Scoobie, for example, It has a 2001 body, with a 1995 engine sound in a 2000 interior (not that I'm complaining). Heck, our Impreza 555 has some interior gauges that I've never seen in a Impreza! The thing is: DiRT Rally never meant to have oficial WRC content. It is just a rally game, period.

BTW IMHO I don't know why we are discussing this theme. Where is the modern Focus in the Periodic Table? 2010... what now?! 

Er, what class is Steve's car in?

It could be that, or they could have just used it for reference.
They used it as reference because Steve is a friend of them, and he facilitated it, as well as the stratos ( you can see the kick advertisment, liveries, etc) He uses for hobby in some regional or nacional British championships, in that category are Focus '01 to Fiesta R5+, so it is not a good parameter that rally categories

AphDburn said:
@KickUp is taunting us again...

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/timeline
Yes, tomorrow Modern Masters, a bit disappointed to have just one new class  :'(
Edit:Tomorrow for me, because it still 27/10 here to be more precise 22:38

AphDburn said:
@KickUp is taunting us again...

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/timeline
Please this time be it for real :o

Maybe, maybe not :)

I honestly got he impression from Paul that they're 'done' with the pack and were awaiting the "go" for licensing etc.  So hopefully that added date of tomorrow is the real thing.

I think the 07 Focus might not be a car they're adding, i can't remember if he said the tease pic was an upcoming car, or just that they'd use the sound source for Colin's '01.

Maybe, maybe not :)

I honestly got he impression from Paul that they're 'done' with the pack and were awaiting the "go" for licensing etc.  So hopefully that added date of tomorrow is the real thing.

I think the 07 Focus might not be a car they're adding, i can't remember if he said the tease pic was an upcoming car, or just that they'd use the sound source for Colin's '01.
Finland happened the same way. Date added, then removed. 2 or so days later a teaser screenshot and date added and it was released. 

Exact same thing is happening now,  so I think it will be out tomorrow unless something big happens to stop them from releasing it. 

Heh, yeah i've seen people post it has a date on it at least twice this time, so, yeah, dunno :/
hmm it only came up on the 26th im 99% sure, this is the second time. 

SkyRex said:
G37L057 said:
Valtsude said:

seems unlikely

But it could be just Ford Focus WRC 06-10 at all, not Steve's one . Picture is a picture.  BTW, I don't thnk that Focus will be included in Modern Masters
Release today? Why not, it"s Wednesday

This time it's just clerical from what I'm gathering.  Somebody from X company needed to sign X document for it to be released, and it looks like that has been done.  Could have been delayed because that person was out of the office for some reason.  Probably just legal paperwork that no one looks at, but needed to be done.

so now we are 1 week from November, where is Sweden?  :smile: The end is near!!  :O