DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

chukonu said:
A friendly reminder also, that appearantly AMD gives away DiRT Rally codes away as well with their GPU's. Let's take a conservative 100k sales. I don't know if it has been worth CM's investment in this game so far,
It's not like CM isn't paid by AMD at all for this. Besides there might be people that bought that GPU because they want DiRT Rally, and a GPU that's capable of running it, which is why AMD bundles it.

I tend to go by a self made rule where if I have a bad enough crash, I will retire from the event. In my last 5 attempts I haven't finished in Finland! Even trying to drive carefully, the speed gets the better of me and I wipe out! Can't wait to see what Sweden brings!

Am I the only one who loves snow and ice and can't wait for reaching those sections in Monte? Even before the Finland update, I was more excited about Sweden.
I did a few of the monte stages in each of the 70s RWD cars the other night and it was so much fun balancing those light cars around the icy hairpins. Really can't wait to try the Sweden stages, everything about it from the more slippery stages to the whole location and scenery definitely has major appeal!

versedi said:
Will we have a frozen lake like in CMR2?
It's been confirmed that there will most likely not be any frozen lake sections in the rally, because they're concentrating on getting their snow tech sorted, which I'm excited for. 

versedi said:
Will we have a frozen lake like in CMR2?
They're not thick enough in February these days, so unlikely. I'm guessing the stage will be Vargasen with Colin's Crest.

Finland in this game is definitely way more hazardous than in real life. Watch a Ouninpohja onboard and you'll see it's much more flowing compared to this game.

ramPage16 said:
Finland in this game is definitely way more hazardous than in real life. Watch a Ouninpohja onboard and you'll see it's much more flowing compared to this game.
depends on the way you drive.
if you drive like robert kubica, everything is hazardous.

ramPage16 said:
There are some sections in Finland I really like, but in all honesty I'd say it's my least favourite in the game. The jumps are exagerated and you tend to end up landing in the middle of the next jump upsetting the car. You basically bounce around the stages. 

I would really love some swedish summer stages. Not as wide or elevating as the Finnish stages, but relatively fast and flowing, nice dry gravel stages.
https://youtu.be/LCWifbgAfIM

bogani said:
ramPage16 said:
There are some sections in Finland I really like, but in all honesty I'd say it's my least favourite in the game. The jumps are exagerated and you tend to end up landing in the middle of the next jump upsetting the car. You basically bounce around the stages. 

I would really love some swedish summer stages. Not as wide or elevating as the Finnish stages, but relatively fast and flowing, nice dry gravel stages.

if they hopefully change the aerodynamics/add a bit more weight to the cars  you would love it ;)

TanHammer said:
Am I the only one who loves snow and ice and can't wait for reaching those sections in Monte? Even before the Finland update, I was more excited about Sweden.
I did a few of the monte stages in each of the 70s RWD cars the other night and it was so much fun balancing those light cars around the icy hairpins. Really can't wait to try the Sweden stages, everything about it from the more slippery stages to the whole location and scenery definitely has major appeal!
Im afraid you may be disapointed then as if they model it to be realistic, the snow should have more grip than gravel, due to the studs

nothing wrong with the cars, they drive even better now with V2 handling. A lot of people say that group B's are much more of a handfull to drive, they're even better for me now.
At Flugzeugring in Germany I could't go faster than a 2.44 with the quattro and now with my first drive with new handling, I shaved of 6sec without much trouble :smile: 

bogani said:
ramPage16 said:

Heavy V1 cars worked well on Finland, I can't help thinking the stages were planned & jumps contoured with that in mind & before the decision was made to evolve the cars to V2 handling.  When that happened, the jumps were no longer ideal for the lighter downforce V2 cars.

KevM said:
bogani said:
ramPage16 said:

Heavy V1 cars worked well on Finland, I can't help thinking the stages were planned & jumps contoured with that in mind & before the decision was made to evolve the cars to V2 handling.  When that happened, the jumps were no longer ideal for the lighter downforce V2 cars.
Mhm, I know this is a big ask, but I hope they find some time after 1.0 to go back and tone some stuff down a tad.

And I'm not sure that it's due to physics. It could be intentional work of level designers to MAKE you slow down and not go full throttle all the time - cause it would be boring.

They could achieve that by causing the car to got light over a crest through a corner, they don't have to launch it into space!! :P 

But yeah, its not the physics.  The jumps are V1 jumps, driving over them in V2 cars doesn't work as it did

Meeeeee!

Which stages are you doing? I'm skipping Shakedown this year, due to their ridiculous new ticket policy, but Myherin on Friday and attempting Gartheinog and Aberhirnant on Saturday. I never stay for the last day of any rally, so back home to Yorkshire Saturday night.

And if it's getting to page 2, clearly we need some new gossip.....

V2 cars are just lighter and therefore jump further. The general consensus is that yes, V2 feels much better, but the cars are in the air for too long. I'd say somewhere inbetween the air time of V1 and V2 would be juuuust right.

ramPage16 said:
V2 cars are just lighter and therefore jump further. The general consensus is that yes, V2 feels much better, but the cars are in the air for too long. I'd say somewhere inbetween the air time of V1 and V2 would be juuuust right.
The cars are exactly the same mass between v1 and v2. The effect of the aero (downforce) is more accurate hence the perceived reduction in weight. What we had in v1 was way too much and very primative. What we have now is much more complex and accurate but I'm not going to claim it is perfect. 

Rewriting the aero again to make it even more accurate is going to take a long time as it is incredibly complex mathematics. We will then have to rebuild every single car from the ground up to support it. 

The simulation team moved mountains to get v2 into the game but a v3 is not going to happen any time soon. 

KickUp said:
ramPage16 said:
The cars are exactly the same mass between v1 and v2. The effect of the aero (downforce) is more accurate hence the perceived reduction in weight. What we had in v1 was way too much and very primative. What we have now is much more complex and accurate but I'm not going to claim it is perfect. 

Rewriting the aero again to make it even more accurate is going to take a long time as it is incredibly complex mathematics. We will then have to rebuild every single car from the ground up to support it. 

The simulation team moved mountains to get v2 into the game but a v3 is not going to happen any time soon. 
This is great, a response like this ends speculations about this and that.

KickUp said:
ramPage16 said:

Well understood :-) Is there any possibility of an "ugly/quick" hotfix for v2 flight time or is that completely off the charts?

Meeeeee!

Which stages are you doing? I'm skipping Shakedown this year, due to their ridiculous new ticket policy, but Myherin on Friday and attempting Gartheinog and Aberhirnant on Saturday. I never stay for the last day of any rally, so back home to Yorkshire Saturday night.

And if it's getting to page 2, clearly we need some new gossip.....
Shakedown, Hafren, Garth, Dyfnant and Brenig for me. Look out for the black Fabia vRS in the Garth car park with a DiRT Rally sticker in the rear window ;)