DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Dont know if anyone postes it but WW released is postponed to december in dirtgame.com  :/   , but it will be a good delay, more fine tuning will be done

Dont know if anyone postes it but WW released is postponed to december in dirtgame.com  :/   , but it will be a good delay, more fine tuning will be done
I think that was already hinted in the DiRT Show or somewhere here at least.

#thatOTHERcar

http://youtu.be/wFQ8wEmawx0

I think that was already hinted in the DiRT Show or somewhere here at least.
Yes, i think it was posted but doesnt matter LOL, just be sure we have to wait til december

KevM said:
#thatOTHERcar

No no no, @gfRally has stolen the #ThatOtherCar hashtag and insists it belongs to the 2015 Subaru.
#ThisCar is some kind of alleged un-drivable monster.
I guess the Yaris would be #ThatMaybeSomeDayCar

JZStudios said:
Very nice, look's like I've just garnered a new interest in DR, But it means I'm going to have to make a lot of duplicate folders... I wonder if there's any way to get into the code files to just remove the restrictions? If only my programmer friend was interested in DR.
I think we're hopeful that v1 of the game, or very soon after it when all the cars are v2, will remove those restrictions wherever possible. Other cars on Pikes Peak has been long talked about and it makes even more sense now after deals for more Hill Climb cars fell through.

Licensing issues may force RX cars to stay on RX tracks, as well as keep other cars off them. That depends on the FIA WRX folks, so more tricky methods may be required there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9NnzYq8gE

I've typed up more comprehensive instructions sitting in the cache for the modding thread, but I've not been sure about hitting the post button since it's not perfectly refined.

BrySkye said:
JZStudios said:
Very nice, look's like I've just garnered a new interest in DR, But it means I'm going to have to make a lot of duplicate folders... I wonder if there's any way to get into the code files to just remove the restrictions? If only my programmer friend was interested in DR.
I think we're hopeful that v1 of the game, or very soon after it when all the cars are v2, will remove those restrictions wherever possible. Other cars on Pikes Peak has been long talked about and it makes even more sense now after deals for more Hill Climb cars fell through.

Licensing issues may force RX cars to stay on RX tracks, as well as keep other cars off them. That depends on the FIA WRX folks, so more tricky methods may be required there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9NnzYq8gE

I've typed up more comprehensive instructions sitting in the cache for the modding thread, but I've not been sure about hitting the post button since it's not perfectly refined.

Yep, it's a shame. Taking the 70's/80's RWD cars to the RX circuits would be so awesome! It would be the closest thing to the form of motorsport I competed in some years back :)

BrySkye said:
Post. The more people will know, the sooner it will be refined ;)

BrySkye said:
JZStudios said:

Is that what happened to Hill Climb? I figured they stopped since everyone seems to hate on it. Anyways, I only know some very basic programming, but there's got to be a bit of code in one of those .ini or.xml files that could be changed to true or deleted.

@BrySkye Good points.  

Regarding the PP cars, I am very suspicious that Sebastien Leob's 208 was THE car that the all tarmac versions was made for.  It was probably signed away to SLER when he signed on.  Its probably more of a technicality of  that particular car would not be licensed, i.e. that they are licensed together not separate. 

@JZStudios 

Many wanted it in the early days before the release, there where a few posts about it.  I am happy with it, its fun to not have jumps and relatively smooth wide road with monster HP cars.  Its still a historical rally, although not officially called such.  Its a shame the licensing has neutered it some, maybe there is still some promise, not holding my breath though.  

I will say that it inspired my summer vacation that started going up Pikes Peak and on to 2500 miles of driving.  Good memories. 

Still holding out a tiny bit of hope that PP will be added as a venue for custom event rallies; not a fan of the hillclimb mode, but it would be 20km of 'free' stage should they record some notes and add reverse 'sectors'. Would love to have another tarmac event for rally mode.

JZStudios said:
BrySkye said:
JZStudios said:

Is that what happened to Hill Climb? I figured they stopped since everyone seems to hate on it. Anyways, I only know some very basic programming, but there's got to be a bit of code in one of those .ini or.xml files that could be changed to true or deleted.
That's not really how this game has worked. There's never been anything about Hill Climb on the timeline after Pikes Peak, so it's not like it's been abandoned or cancelled. 
They've just already released everything they said they were going to. Now they are talking about an all-gravel version of PP. That's not abandoning it.

As for coding, if it was that simple it would already have been done like it was for DiRT 3.
Same applies for adding new tiles for replacement car liveries. That system has changed since DiRT 3 and is much less moddable.

BrySkye said:
Post. The more people will know, the sooner it will be refined ;)
I meant the post wasn't as refined as I wanted as it described limitations, etc, etc.
Not the method. There's not a whole ton to be done really.
Looks like I deleted it anyway.  :p

In the last Absolute Rally podcast the host said codemasters tweeted them to get on the show again. He speculated the might have some announcements. Might just be that Modern Masters is out, or that they will be at GB, who knows :-) 

bogani said:
In the last Absolute Rally podcast the host said codemasters tweeted them to get on the show again. He speculated the might have some announcements. Might just be that Modern Masters is out, or that they will be at GB, who knows :-) 
Nice gossip subject. In their previous interview, the potential for a console version was mentioned.....

Pity Ryan Champions Impreza won't be out for those going to the rally, he's a great contributor to that show. Someone needs to do a 555 livery for the '95 car.
edit: NM its been done  :D albeit for Colins car 

Console release, Console release, Console release, Console release, Console release!

What else could they be announcing? It's either that, extra content or just the fact that the game will be fully released

It's not the most adventurous answer, but the latter is most likely with hints towards the future.
There's a lot to talk about with the Early Access adventure coming to an end. 

BrySkye said:
It's not the most adventurous answer, but the latter is most likely with hints towards the future.
There's a lot to talk about with the Early Access adventure coming to an end. 
And as the saying goes "it's not the destination, but the journey"  and the journey has been memorable!  

@justbiglee  started it out with a never to be done again surprise.  

So that's Day 1 over with

https://twitter.com/rallycameraman/status/664811102832738304

I'm unbelievably jealous! I nearly tried to get tickets too, but it was a bit too expensive plus I have a lot of uni work!

Enjoy the weekend, I'll be glued to my twitter feed and WRC+!

I'm unbelievably jealous! I nearly tried to get tickets too, but it was a bit too expensive plus I have a lot of uni work!

Look out for me on the live stage through Gartheiniog and Brenig 

Look out for me on the live stage through Gartheiniog and Brenig 
nice weather! ..... will it last till rally end??? :D

Let's hope we will be able to do this ourselves after Winter Wonderland update :wink: