Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

Wow, did he upshift 3 times round that final bend?
no, that was just the emissions cheat software kicking in!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
JZStudios said:
Is that what happened to Hill Climb? I figured they stopped since everyone seems to hate on it. Anyways, I only know some very basic programming, but there's got to be a bit of code in one of those .ini or.xml files that could be changed to true or deleted.
That's not really how this game has worked. There's never been anything about Hill Climb on the timeline after Pikes Peak, so it's not like it's been abandoned or cancelled. 
They've just already released everything they said they were going to. Now they are talking about an all-gravel version of PP. That's not abandoning it.

As for coding, if it was that simple it would already have been done like it was for DiRT 3.
Same applies for adding new tiles for replacement car liveries. That system has changed since DiRT 3 and is much less moddable.
Hmm. I'm still sticking to my story that I swear when they released PP they had a car pack on the timeline that disappeared. You can't make me believe otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is it just me, or there's more dirt in Greece? As in more dust coming up from the car driving.
There's no such thing as dust in Wales at the time of year it is set in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is it just me, or there's more dirt in Greece? As in more dust coming up from the car driving.
There's no such thing as dust in Wales at the time of year it is set in.
Which why I said Greece :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I watched a replay earlier & would agree.  Dust everywhere, looked great!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
Finland could need more of a dust trail imo.
Oh, crap!  forgot to say, it was raining in Finland, as i watched dust clouds poofing up from the wheels!
@kickup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What a DiRTy bugger... I mean the driver in the Focus '07. Instead of changing a gear he's sitting there masturbating and using some magical forces to change the gear xD

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/9386/F6t2Wx.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img903/9206/n7zLWY.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img908/8990/bhVjdJ.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/6876/5gdBfr.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img910/9477/3UZSXh.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/92/oJnoiz.png

While I am doing my best to drive as fast as possible without crashing and resisting the urge to drive over the paparazzi's, he's sitting there and having a "quality time" with his little fella xD I think I now know why the game is called DiRT xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What a DiRTy bugger... I mean the driver in the Focus '07. Instead of changing a gear he's sitting there masturbating and using some magical forces to change the gear xD

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/9386/F6t2Wx.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img903/9206/n7zLWY.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img908/8990/bhVjdJ.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/6876/5gdBfr.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img910/9477/3UZSXh.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/92/oJnoiz.png

While I am doing my best to drive as fast as possible without crashing and resisting the urge to drive over the paparazzi's, he's sitting there and having a "quality time" with his little fella xD I think I now know why the game is called DiRT xD
Already reported this bug quite some time ago. Already noted by Mr DeputyDirt and sent to devs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What a DiRTy bugger... I mean the driver in the Focus '07. Instead of changing a gear he's sitting there masturbating and using some magical forces to change the gear xD

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/9386/F6t2Wx.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img903/9206/n7zLWY.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img908/8990/bhVjdJ.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/6876/5gdBfr.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img910/9477/3UZSXh.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/92/oJnoiz.png

While I am doing my best to drive as fast as possible without crashing and resisting the urge to drive over the paparazzi's, he's sitting there and having a "quality time" with his little fella xD I think I now know why the game is called DiRT xD
ROFL!
That bug is hilarious, what happens when you change gears? does the hand shake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is it just me, or there's more dirt in Greece? As in more dust coming up from the car driving.
There's no such thing as dust in Wales at the time of year it is set in.
Which why I said Greece :p
Ah I see, I miss read it, thought you were saying Greece had more dust than other locations like Wales :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is it just me, or there's more dirt in Greece? As in more dust coming up from the car driving.
There's no such thing as dust in Wales at the time of year it is set in.
Which why I said Greece :p
Ah I see, I miss read it, thought you were saying Greece had more dust than other locations like Wales :)
Should compare it to PP, that should also have plenty of dust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
KickUp said:
ramPage16 said:
V2 cars are just lighter and therefore jump further. The general consensus is that yes, V2 feels much better, but the cars are in the air for too long. I'd say somewhere inbetween the air time of V1 and V2 would be juuuust right.
The cars are exactly the same mass between v1 and v2. The effect of the aero (downforce) is more accurate hence the perceived reduction in weight. What we had in v1 was way too much and very primative. What we have now is much more complex and accurate but I'm not going to claim it is perfect. 

Rewriting the aero again to make it even more accurate is going to take a long time as it is incredibly complex mathematics. We will then have to rebuild every single car from the ground up to support it. 

The simulation team moved mountains to get v2 into the game but a v3 is not going to happen any time soon. 
Will we see less lateral grip to allow maintained slip angles?  
YouTube is coming down with drift videos for each and every driving game available at the minute, except this one!  Id love to see a big increase in DiRT Rally Escort Mk2/M3/Manta 400 Germany/Monte Carlo Drift video's.  
Those were rallying glory-days, but quite impossible to emulate in the game due to current grip levels!
Hey KickUp can you answer this question please :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What a DiRTy bugger... I mean the driver in the Focus '07. Instead of changing a gear he's sitting there masturbating and using some magical forces to change the gear xD

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/9386/F6t2Wx.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img903/9206/n7zLWY.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img908/8990/bhVjdJ.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/6876/5gdBfr.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img910/9477/3UZSXh.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/92/oJnoiz.png

While I am doing my best to drive as fast as possible without crashing and resisting the urge to drive over the paparazzi's, he's sitting there and having a "quality time" with his little fella xD I think I now know why the game is called DiRT xD

So @KickUp , any comment on that ?

I mean, it's a bit too adult for that game :trollface: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Page 2. This is not acceptable. 

So whose going to Rally GB this weekend then? 
Sadly not. A mate and I were debating going, but he is now busy and I have work to do, so I'll have to give it a miss. The Tempest last weekend will be my only rally of 2015 (for shame!).

Look forward to watching some video!
Didn't know you were at the tempest! We were only that stage 3, wanted to do more but my brother's gearbox broke for the 4th event in a row! :(

In gossip news, the F1 games have a permanent community manager now. Hopefully we will also see some more community stuff
You were there? Ha! Funnily enough I asked @Rallycameraman if he was going to be there, but not you! 

Was rather a restrictive affair for spectators this year, so I ended up spending the day on Warren. Awful weather in the morning, but wasn't too bad in the afternoon. 
Yeah the weather was pretty awful! I took my go pro out the rally car in an attempt to be all professional!

https://youtu.be/Qn3jicMqg74 

I'll probably leave it to Luke in the future!
Well I don't think @Rallycameraman has anything to worry about, but I still enjoyed watching that @RallyDriven !

It was a rather unsuccessful day with the camera, but here are a few photos from Warren:





Few more here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157658799652634

If you (or anyone else) is interested!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Page 2. This is not acceptable. 

So whose going to Rally GB this weekend then? 
Sadly not. A mate and I were debating going, but he is now busy and I have work to do, so I'll have to give it a miss. The Tempest last weekend will be my only rally of 2015 (for shame!).

Look forward to watching some video!
Didn't know you were at the tempest! We were only that stage 3, wanted to do more but my brother's gearbox broke for the 4th event in a row! :(

In gossip news, the F1 games have a permanent community manager now. Hopefully we will also see some more community stuff
You were there? Ha! Funnily enough I asked @Rallycameraman if he was going to be there, but not you! 

Was rather a restrictive affair for spectators this year, so I ended up spending the day on Warren. Awful weather in the morning, but wasn't too bad in the afternoon. 
Yeah the weather was pretty awful! I took my go pro out the rally car in an attempt to be all professional!

https://youtu.be/Qn3jicMqg74 

I'll probably leave it to Luke in the future!
Well I don't think @Rallycameraman has anything to worry about, but I still enjoyed watching that @RallyDriven !

It was a rather unsuccessful day with the camera, but here are a few photos from Warren:





Few more here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157658799652634

If you (or anyone else) is interested!
You didn't by any chance get any of my brother in a white and orange MG, think he was 127? Think he was stuck in second gear by the time he passed you though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SIDWULF said:
KevM said:
KickUp said:
ramPage16 said:
V2 cars are just lighter and therefore jump further. The general consensus is that yes, V2 feels much better, but the cars are in the air for too long. I'd say somewhere inbetween the air time of V1 and V2 would be juuuust right.
The cars are exactly the same mass between v1 and v2. The effect of the aero (downforce) is more accurate hence the perceived reduction in weight. What we had in v1 was way too much and very primative. What we have now is much more complex and accurate but I'm not going to claim it is perfect. 

Rewriting the aero again to make it even more accurate is going to take a long time as it is incredibly complex mathematics. We will then have to rebuild every single car from the ground up to support it. 

The simulation team moved mountains to get v2 into the game but a v3 is not going to happen any time soon. 
Will we see less lateral grip to allow maintained slip angles?  
YouTube is coming down with drift videos for each and every driving game available at the minute, except this one!  Id love to see a big increase in DiRT Rally Escort Mk2/M3/Manta 400 Germany/Monte Carlo Drift video's.  
Those were rallying glory-days, but quite impossible to emulate in the game due to current grip levels!
Hey KickUp can you answer this question please :)

Sorry I was at a funeral yesterday so I haven't been able to respond.

As I said in the post you have quoted, v3 will not happen any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
great pics ...................... B).............

Cheers @dgeesi0 . Light was bad all day, so they are a lot duller than I would like, but at least a few of the cars made a nice splash!
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Page 2. This is not acceptable. 

So whose going to Rally GB this weekend then? 
Sadly not. A mate and I were debating going, but he is now busy and I have work to do, so I'll have to give it a miss. The Tempest last weekend will be my only rally of 2015 (for shame!).

Look forward to watching some video!
Didn't know you were at the tempest! We were only that stage 3, wanted to do more but my brother's gearbox broke for the 4th event in a row! :(

In gossip news, the F1 games have a permanent community manager now. Hopefully we will also see some more community stuff
You were there? Ha! Funnily enough I asked @Rallycameraman if he was going to be there, but not you! 

Was rather a restrictive affair for spectators this year, so I ended up spending the day on Warren. Awful weather in the morning, but wasn't too bad in the afternoon. 
Yeah the weather was pretty awful! I took my go pro out the rally car in an attempt to be all professional!

https://youtu.be/Qn3jicMqg74 

I'll probably leave it to Luke in the future!
Well I don't think @Rallycameraman has anything to worry about, but I still enjoyed watching that @RallyDriven !

It was a rather unsuccessful day with the camera, but here are a few photos from Warren:





Few more here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157658799652634

If you (or anyone else) is interested!
You didn't by any chance get any of my brother in a white and orange MG, think he was 127? Think he was stuck in second gear by the time he passed you though!

Unfortunately not @RallyDriven . I only watched one complete running of the two wheel drive cars (the second Tempest 2 run through Warren was in the dark and we left about half way through) and I was moving to a different spot when your brother came past. I do remember him coming past in the morning though, as it's a distinctive looking car!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:

Sorry I was at a funeral yesterday so I haven't been able to respond.

As I said in the post you have quoted, v3 will not happen any time soon.


@KickUp My condolences, thought you where at WRGB, no fun, sorry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×