DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Codemasters Twitter page just announced some kind of new publishing partnership, don't know what it means for DiRT

http://www.kochmedia.com/press/news/news-details/koch-media-and-codemasters-sign-global-distribution-and-co-publishing-deal.html
Seems like they could be moving headquaters but not sure if that article is legit?

WAT?   Where does it say anything about moving headquarters? :O

Not sure why Codies have changed the publisher, but I'm hoping it means that Koch Media will co-fund development of the next games. I think it's well known that recent years haven't been the most successful for Codies, so any cash injection would be welcome.

If I had a publishing business I'd definitely get in early with DiRT Rally-like game on consoles as it's likely to do quite well.

Codemasters shared it as a 'championship-winning partnership ;)' on Twitter. Does this mean they are no longer with bandai namco? (Think that's what it was)

Codemasters shared it as a 'championship-winning partnership ;)' on Twitter. Does this mean they are no longer with bandai namco? (Think that's what it was)
Yup, that's basically all it is.

It's just a distribution deal. Most likely the one with Bandai-Namco has expired and instead of renewing, they've gone to Koch-Media.
Presumably it's a better deal.
Only really about distribution networks, its unlikely to make any difference to anything else like funding.
It's not like they've bought shares or are investing in Codies.

They've worked with some fairly big games like dead island and Homefront. But most importantly they've worked with farming simulator

If you sit in at the back of a lecture hall at my uni and look at people's laptops, most of them are playing farming simulator!

If you sit in at the back of a lecture hall at my uni and look at people's laptops, most of them are playing farming simulator!
Maybe it's because you're studying agriculture! :D 
Of all the games one can kill time in your case playing Farming Sim is pretty close to coursework :P

Maybe it's because you're studying agriculture! :D 
Of all the games one can kill time in your case playing Farming Sim is pretty close to coursework :P
The worrying thing is that many people believe that! Then there's me sat in the middle trying to listen to rally radio!

Ok so the credit card had a beating this evening and i've ordered a T300 servo and 458 GTE wheel. I was going to get the GT28 wheel, but the reviews for the 458 wheel were all pretty good. Now just have to wait for them to arrive, as well as the adapter so I can use my G27 pedals :)

Ok so the credit card had a beating this evening and i've ordered a T300 servo and 458 GTE wheel. I was going to get the GT28 wheel, but the reviews for the 458 wheel were all pretty good. Now just have to wait for them to arrive, as well as the adapter so I can use my G27 pedals :)
I booked a skiing trip, so no gaming rig for me :(

Nice, I wouldn't mind doing that either, but you can't have it all :p 

Nice, I wouldn't mind doing that either, but you can't have it all :p 
I wouldn't mind doing either of the two, but I have none :( Oh well, back to... no, not Finland in rain with 2000's... no, just hell no. That is the pure definition of cancer, even worse than Greece at night.

Time for it to just burst into flames. Like mine did. I'm still angry about that.

On Twitter Paul gave a 65% chance of a 208 R5 to be added in the future.. *hoping & dreaming* :smile: