DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS                                                   

That commercial just doesn't translate well for America, I don't get it.  But we have a lot of commercials that don't make sense here either.

Ha, that's an awesome advert, I remember that; the whole series of them is great. Probably very British humour.

I don't speak pineapple though.....

gfRally said:
That commercial just doesn't translate well for America, I don't get it.  But we have a lot of commercials that don't make sense here either.
Best advert ever made

gfRally said:
There's quite literally nothing to get. It's completely nonsensical, which the advert itself points out with the little jelly snake literally saying "What does that mean!?" and getting annoyed by it.
A lot of people found it very memorable, which is what you want in advertising, with the bonus of being imitable.
The sweets are pretty nice too, if expensive.

BrySkye said:
There's quite literally nothing to get. It's completely nonsensical, which the advert itself points out with the little jelly snake literally saying "What does that mean!?" and getting annoyed by it.
A lot of people found it very memorable, which is what you want in advertising, with the bonus of being imitable.
The sweets are pretty nice too, if expensive.
Jelly snakes are a weird concept to us 'Mericans. we only have gummy worms and bears. And Swedish fish, apparently the worlds #1 selling fish shaped candy.

JZStudios said:
Swedish fish, apparently the worlds #1 selling fish shaped candy.
Show. We want to see an American sweet companies idea of a Swedish Fish, I don't even need to see proof of it's position as the Worlds best selling status :D

nm, I found them :)

You learn something new every day on here, and sometimes it isn't even Subaru related. Brilliant

You learn something new every day on here, and sometimes it isn't even Subaru related. Brilliant
What if I told you... that the swedish word for fish... is SUBARU?

nah it isn't, gotchu tho

Road Book's out!

Release sounds semi-close-sort-of-ish......

Guess we're looking at two or three weeks, tops?
First week of December at the very earliest.
Tops? With no physical release and so no solid date where it goes gold and pushed out for manufacture, could easily be 5 weeks and the end of December, if not pushed back into January.
You never know what's going to come up.

Darhour said:
S201 anyone?? Or s22b anyone??

• Body is 201 characters too short.
Such a horrendous looking special edition. Mechanically one of the best classic shape Imprezas to leave the production line, cosmetically one of the worst! The most fugly classic Impreza is still the Casa Blanca...

tbtstt said:

Such a horrendous looking special edition. Mechanically one of the best classic shape Imprezas to leave the production line, cosmetically one of the worst! The most fugly classic Impreza is still the Casa Blanca...

Hah when I first saw that one I thought: wtf is that atrocity??

Now I think: wtf that is an Impreza??

tbtstt said:

Hah when I first saw that one I thought: wtf is that atrocity??

Now I think: wtf that is an Impreza??

too much saki 

@Didzis

Germany...

edit: heh, just noticed that's a "clean diesel" model
Still better than that "Impreza". Also, even thoug this Q5 isn't that great, the Q7 IMO looks great. And has a V12 Diesel variant :D 

That is a Q7. What I mean is our silly habit of making monstrous cars with engines that could pull a Boeing 747, and aggressive design apparently meant to intimidate others.

Also, the European habit of bloating everything to make it a SUV even if it's borderline unethical (Mini, Fiat 500...)

That is a Q7. What I mean is our silly habit of making monstrous cars with engines that could pull a Boeing 747, and aggressive design apparently meant to intimidate others.

Also, the European habit of bloating everything to make it a SUV even if it's borderline unethical (Mini, Fiat 500...)
Let's not forget what the US version of the Focus looked like in the late 00's. 
Those front grills were pretty ew.