DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

tbtstt said:
Darhour said:
S201 anyone?? Or s22b anyone??

• Body is 201 characters too short.
Such a horrendous looking special edition. Mechanically one of the best classic shape Imprezas to leave the production line, cosmetically one of the worst! The most fugly classic Impreza is still the Casa Blanca...

That is Subaru Pampeza that has nothing to do with Impreza. 

Well the T300 is all set up with it's shiny new Ferrari GTE wheel, just need one more bit of kit to arrive from Ricmotech in the US and then i'll finally be able to enjoy D:R again :D 

Oh, the brake sensor thingy?                         
No it's a little gizmo to plug in to the pedals to make the Logitech pedals work with the thrustmaster wheel :)

I remember when the world wasn't as connected, and i was used as a conduit to ship things back to blighty as the US company didn't do international shipping.

This isn't really gossip, but it would be cool if there was like a level creator similar to halos forge in the next game. 

At this point, the only gossip I'm interested in is whether the 2010s class will be completed in Winter Wonderland or not. I fear for the Citroën DS3 WRC.

The situation seems a bit quiet otherwise the early access has come to an end so the game would seem to terminate and to have implemented and realised what rally fans and CM fans had been keenly waiting for since DiRT 3.

We miss our fellow Lee who had been so cruel to us by throwing unfathomable hints at us that made the game unexpectedly reveal itself at the end of April. LOL ( I bet the game testers were cruel too :smile: 

God time flies too quick...

Darhour said:
The situation seems a bit quiet otherwise the early access has come to an end so the game would seem to terminate and to have implemented and realised what rally fans and CM fans had been keenly waiting for since DiRT 3.

We miss our fellow Lee who had been so cruel to us by throwing unfathomable hints at us that made the game unexpectedly reveal itself at the end of April. LOL ( I bet the game testers were cruel too :smile: 

I like when you revisit a Youtube video or something you saw when it came out and realize, "Good lord, that was 5 years ago?"

Darhour said:

We weren't that mean! We didn't know when it was releasing either!

For some background, in November we basically tested the handling and some stages. There were no menus and not all the stages of Greece, monte or Wales were there, and some didn't have pace notes. Also played on Lydden in some rally cars.

In November we basically got what everyone got at the start of early access.

So it was quite funny watching the hints being dropped from the other side of things! One of my favourites was when Lee wrote a codies weekly update, which had a piece about 'that car', and just above it was Dirt 3 concept art of the Audi Quatrro. Nobody picked up on it!

JZStudios said:
I like when you revisit a Youtube video or something you saw when it came out and realize, "Good lord, that was 5 years ago?"
Haha: get that all too often! Speaking of which, I can't believe that...
We weren't that mean! We didn't know when it was releasing either!

For some background, in November we basically tested the handling and some stages. There were no menus and not all the stages of Greece, monte or Wales were there, and some didn't have pace notes. Also played on Lydden in some rally cars.
...the day at CM was over a year ago! As @RallyDriven said, what we saw was so disjointed in terms of front end menus etc. there wasn't many spoilers we could deliver on that front. We did at least get to find out about #ThatCar though.

Not seen as much of DiRT Rally as I would have liked in the last year. Hopefully they will confirm a console release and I can catch up with the rest of you!

I think the more blatant teasing, or promoting gossip as it were, any community testers really did was about the cars, or rather the liveries, for the 2001 Impreza and Focus. 
In saying the Focus would have an official(ish) livery, but not the one everyone wanted (Martini).
Which had lots of guesses before the test car livery finally showed up.

Mind you, I'm sure the people who went to Codies actually signed NDA's and such.
That's not been the case with the 0.75, 0.8 and 1.0 community tests, but we're honourable little peeps.  :p

So any official (-ish or otherwise) liveries coming with the WW cars? :P
Perhaps. Maybe even the most official outside of Rally Cross.
*whirls hands like an evil hypnotist*
Who knows what will actually be released though.
Paul's openly admitted a bunch of the liveries they've made in-house had to be binned at the last minute for licensing reasons.

Not a problem here to be honest, I really like the fictional ones they've been making, and if there are spare slots for the great ones in the skinning forum too, I'm also good. I'm just after some, any decent gossip materials!

BrySkye said:
So any official (-ish or otherwise) liveries coming with the WW cars? :P
Perhaps. Maybe even the most official outside of Rally Cross.
*whirls hands like an evil hypnotist*
Who knows what will actually be released though.
Paul's openly admitted a bunch of the liveries they've made in-house had to be binned at the last minute for licensing reasons.
the 'R'                                                             

dgeesi0 said:
well we know steam workshop is now confirmed for dirt rally B)
k, but what can be done with it? liveries? cars? tracks??

OzoreXS said:
dgeesi0 said:
No, no and no. 
It was confirmed months ago that none of those would be possible in such an official capacity.
Cars and liveries in particular just aren't going to happen due to licensing which both Codemasters and Steam would be responsible for as curators.

I would love for this time next year to start hearing rumors of DiRT Rally 2, not an release to soon.  I'm sure the console version will be out the door by April.  No sense in doing a PCars 2 move and getting everyone upset, even though that's how development works.

Maybe a few small DLCs between now and console release for us PC users and console version will be a deluxe edition right from the start, with all DLC included.  

I would think the next iteration would be a little quicker than the 4-5 year wait.  Since some of the physics groundwork has been laid down.  

Hopefully we will see another early access again.  However it does seem to take a toll on the developers, @KickUp mentioned this at least once in a road book there was more pressure to get a release out every month.  

BrySkye said:
OzoreXS said:
dgeesi0 said:
No, no and no. 
It was confirmed months ago that none of those would be possible.
So, if none of them... whats left? :hushed: