DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

OzoreXS said:
BrySkye said:
OzoreXS said:
dgeesi0 said:
well we know steam workshop is now confirmed for dirt rally B)
k, but what can be done with it? liveries? cars? tracks??
No, no and no. 
It was confirmed months ago that none of those would be possible.
So, if none of them... whats left? :hushed: 

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/668767175818256384

Things that were listed as possibilities in previous DiRT Shows would be the safest bet.

Dont want to start a new thread for something so trivial... but:

No Ravenwest Motorsports on DR? rivals...liveries...

Love the aesthetics of this fictional team. Hardest and trickiest AI I ever faced.

gfRally said:
I would love for this time next year to start hearing rumors of DiRT Rally 2, not an release to soon.  I'm sure the console version will be out the door by April.  No sense in doing a PCars 2 move and getting everyone upset, even though that's how development works.

Maybe a few small DLCs between now and console release for us PC users and console version will be a deluxe edition right from the start, with all DLC included.  

I would think the next iteration would be a little quicker than the 4-5 year wait.  Since some of the physics groundwork has been laid down.  

Hopefully we will see another early access again.  However it does seem to take a toll on the developers, @KickUp mentioned this at least once in a road book there was more pressure to get a release out every month.  

I wouldn't mind if they'd use Dirt Rally (the stages, cars, etc.) and rework it using their new game engine plus overhaul the physics to create V3. Once that is done, release it as an EA game. During the EA period they can do what they've done so far which is adding more cars and locations, and update or add features.

Don't see the next DR chapter as Dirt Rally 2 but see it as Dirt Rally 2.0. An improved version of Dirt Rally with more of everything.

Anybody against this idea? :smiley:
@KickUp? What's your view on this?

gfRally said:
I would love for this time next year to start hearing rumors of DiRT Rally 2, not an release to soon.  I'm sure the console version will be out the door by April.  No sense in doing a PCars 2 move and getting everyone upset, even though that's how development works.

Maybe a few small DLCs between now and console release for us PC users and console version will be a deluxe edition right from the start, with all DLC included.  

I would think the next iteration would be a little quicker than the 4-5 year wait.  Since some of the physics groundwork has been laid down.  

Hopefully we will see another early access again.  However it does seem to take a toll on the developers, @KickUp mentioned this at least once in a road book there was more pressure to get a release out every month.  

I wouldn't mind if they'd use Dirt Rally (the stages, cars, etc.) and rework it using their new game engine plus overhaul the physics to create V3. Once that is done, release it as an EA game. During the EA period they can do what they've done so far which is adding more cars and locations, and update or add features.

Don't see the next DR chapter as Dirt Rally 2 but see it as Dirt Rally 2.0. An improved version of Dirt Rally with more of everything.

Were it so easy.
Thing is, reworking the game engine a great deal means that a lot of those assets like existing stages and cars will also need to be reworked.
Sadly, they can't just be dropped in. To what extent they'd have to be reworked is hard to say.
So you're not so much as just adding new content, you're having to rework a lot of the existing content and then do the new content.
Reworking old content means less new content, but all-new content probably means less overall content.

Well my suppose is:
- 2016:
   -Dirt rally on consoles.
  -while 2016 : DLC's
-2017:
   -January: revolution of WRC cars (real life)
   -middle of the year new early access of  DR 2 with new physics engine.
Sounds crazy and impossible... or not?
Cheers

BrySkye said:

Were it so easy.
Thing is, reworking the game engine a great deal means that a lot of those assets like existing stages and cars will also need to be reworked.
Sadly, they can't just be dropped in. To what extent they'd have to be reworked is hard to say.
So you're not so much as just adding new content, you're having to rework a lot of the existing content and then do the new content.
Reworking old content means less new content, but all-new content probably means less overall content.
They already did develop a new game engine , didn't they? F1 2015 uses that new game engine.
I do know that  using a new game engine means reworking the old content. (Might be a huge task or it might not be, we can't know that of course.) 
That's also why I wrote that they could rework the old content and overhaul the physics first (in the next year or so) and when that process is finished they could release it as an EA game. The only thing they have to do then is the same as they're doing right now which is adding new content, isn't it?

It does take time to do all that but I wouldn't mind waiting for a year. Dirt Rally now is so much fun and, in my eyes, it's going to stay that way for a good long while!

F1's engine wouldn't work with Dirt rally apparently. So they just did a lot of work on the old one, effectively making it a new one in the process. The only thing it might be slightly down on is graphics

F1 2015 is just another variation of the EGO engine.
We learnt a lot about the nature of how EGO is developed the past few months and it's no where near as straight forward as is common reported in the gaming press or on wiki.
There isn't really a straight forward v1, v2, v3, v4 the way wikipedia says.
DiRT Rally is, essentially as much a new engine as the one in F1 2015.

F1's engine wouldn't work with Dirt rally apparently. So they just did a lot of work on the old one, effectively making it a new one in the process. The only thing it might be slightly down on is graphics
Dirt Rally uses the EGO 3.0 and F1 2015 the EGO 4.0.
EGO 4.0 must be some kind of updated version of 3.0 you'd think.
I wonder why it wouldn't work though. If someone could explain it to me in layman's terms. :smiley: 

I wonder why it wouldn't work though. If someone could explain it to me in layman's terms. :smiley: 
Sorry didn't see your post just now. Thanks.

Yeah, that's what we thought a few months ago. It isn't actually accurate. 

xavivg said:
Well my suppose is:
- 2016:
   -Dirt rally on consoles.
  -while 2016 : DLC's
-2017:
   -January: revolution of WRC cars (real life)
   -middle of the year new early access of  DR 2 with new physics engine.
Sounds crazy and impossible... or not?
Cheers

I wouldn't count with a new physics engine, but with a v3 of the current physics and we don't even know the future of DiRT Rally and the future of the franchise. If we will see a "new chapter" of DiRT Rally or If it will return to the DiRT 1/2/3 line with a DiRT 4 release. Let's hope to see a good future for both DR and the "next chapter" of it!

My idea still stands though. It'll take a bit longer but the general idea behind it would still please me.
Rework the existing content (because it's rather awesome) and physics. Release it as an EA game and during the EA period add new content, features, etc.

well often they just tweak old engine and call it new. most studios do this.

as to whats next who knows . if they have a idea or build testers would be probably playing it.if it takes two or three years to make :p

firstly this game needs to be finished. i love it to bits and best car game i played but some very simple things still arnt added.

showing all peoples times in games with each car for each track.shouldn't have to race just to find times.
replays of other people or being able to select people and show replays.
the ability to choose what rally i want to rally.i personally would like to just rally in wales.yet i have to hope it picks wales randomly.
change cars set ups on the fly ingame.that is annoying.have to save quit go back in currently. time consuming.
a proper guide to tuning yes i know many people have made guides but..they are guessing on what works 100 percent the best.only the devs know what is 100 percent the best set ups.

future content DLC is this happening ? many brought into this game because it was said all content would be free.

i dont mind paying but many will argue about dlc if its not free .

add in bugs plenty to sort out yet.

You mock, but DiRT 2 did actually have things like bobbleheads for the dash and dice to hang from the mirror.

I would prefer a "Porkhammer seal of approve" :wink: 

BrySkye said:
You mock, but DiRT 2 did actually have things like bobbleheads for the dash and dice to hang from the mirror.
I completely forgot about my skull bobblehead!! 

& musical horns....                                            

Oh how I loved to spam it during multiplayer sessions
Always used it when I was overtaking someone because they failed/were extremely slow. I never could resist the urge xD

Little known fact but if you selected the Vuvuzela horn you were the only person who could hear it. 

Its one one of my favourite game design moments knowing that people who selected that were essentially trolling themselves.