DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

New Road Book is out, not a great deal of gossip material but confirmation that the aim for release is within the next couple of weeks.

https://www.dirtgame.com/blog

For putting up with us all for the last many months @KickUp , thanks and enjoy your well-earned holiday!

Anyone for a refreshing Mint sweet?                                         

Not cold enough, remember.
Winter Wonderland and all.           

The fact that Amazon leaking that image is openly reported and even repeated in the road book without any denial is public confirmation of it's legitimacy in all but saying "It's legit".

they didn't say that boxart was false so I guess that pretty much confirmed the polo? :)

Feel free to call me skeptical, but, even though they said the Gossipers are generally right, which of them are right? The ones who say it's legit? Or the ones who say it's not?
Beef.

Feel free to call me skeptical, but, even though they said the Gossipers are generally right, which of them are right? The ones who say it's legit? Or the ones who say it's not?
There is one post on the subject where 83.3% of the people who agreed and liked should answer that quite clearly.

Beef.
Bacon.
BrySkye said:
There is one post on the subject where 83.3% of the people who agreed and liked should answer that quite clearly.
Very well then. Should be awesome :smile: 

I fear for my rally DS3  :'(
Me too, although if they'd told me early on that we'd have 4 of the 5 cars eligible in the current ruleset I'd have snapped their hands off, so all credit.

About the DS3 I want to believe there is not to do with SLRE, but the fact is that they have the Saxo, the Xsara, the C4 and the DS3 (with all having official liveries). 

Azoresst said:
About the DS3 I want to believe there is not to do with SLRE, but the fact is that they have the Saxo, the Xsara, the C4 and the DS3 (with all having official liveries). 
I don't particularly care for official liveries. As long as the car is in, even if just with the plain red and white paint jobs, I'm fine with it.

doesn't work for me all day so far, not in firefox and not in microsoft edge (windows 10)

BrySkye said:
Sure. I gave this video the whole treatment with the Sega Rally crowd noises, co-drivers "woah!", finish and Game Over tunes.
Even remade the original logo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXoLKxhy3Q
https://youtu.be/80gmIA9jqPg

Doesn't work on any of my web browsers. All day long. Can't manage the league because of it, which may suck for some people.

Doesn't work on any of my web browsers. All day long. Can't manage the league because of it, which may suck for some people.
Same for me. Pain in the backside trying to set up a scheduled rally for the league I'm running. -_-

Azoresst said:
I don't particularly care for official liveries. As long as the car is in, even if just with the plain red and white paint jobs, I'm fine with it.
Neither do I. As long as the cars are in the game it's fine by me.
We've got some amazing modders who'd create the official liveries anyway (apart from the rally plates)! :smiley: 

Question: Will there be a difference between the finished early access version of DiRT Rally and a boxed full version released in the shops?

I'm wondering, what's gonna happen with the achievement - I've Signed the DiRT Charter (Played DiRT Rally during Early Access) after the game is released?
If you get the game after release, then there's no way to get 100% achievements, right? Or how will that work? (Not really a problem for me, but some people might get upset about this)

Didzis said:
I'm wondering, what's gonna happen with the achievement - I've Signed the DiRT Charter (Played DiRT Rally during Early Access) after the game is released?
If you get the game after release, then there's no way to get 100% achievements, right? Or how will that work? (Not really a problem for me, but some people might get upset about this)
Oho boy... this was one of the first topics for the game on the Steam forums, and yes, some people were very upset about it.
DiRT Rally isn't the first game to do it. Some games reset achievements after leaving Early Access, but I can't see that happening this time.

What cars will we see in winter wonderland? i20 WRC and the Polo R WRC? Seems like that? I hope they put the old Dirt 3 S2000 class in this sim also, so we get a "hotted" 207 S2000... :)