DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

yeah it's a real shame, I think the 208 is one of the greatest cars around atm, along with the Fabia R5.
Would have loved to see them in DR, in WRC 5 they're shitty and in SLRE it's just the concept car, not the real R5

sqdstr said:
yeah it's a real shame, I think the 208 is one of the greatest cars around atm, along with the Fabia R5.
Would have loved to see them in DR, in WRC 5 they're shitty and in SLRE it's just the concept car, not the real R5
I agree 100% . They are so nice and I think that they have been awesome for the sim.

hmm what to say about this :# ....................................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OanrT_mNfs8

Well that's.... peculiar                                               

Quite funny!! :)                                           

In other news, congrats to Petter Solberg for winning his second World RX Championship!
yep well done.did think he would win it B)

dgeesi0 said:
hmm what to say about this :# ....................................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OanrT_mNfs8

This might be useful for the devs to fight against such idiotism: https://youtu.be/TKIH7su_lQE

Hopefully being able to download that tool of black magic will eventually cause it to be banned.

So it can be enabled, cheat applied, & then disabled.  
Obviously, you could pause before the finish, enable, reverse mod & disable before finishing?  
Might leave the mod virtually undetectable if someone chose to fly under the radar.  With any like for like race, the more entrants there are, the more consistent the top end of the leaderboard becomes, & when something looks too good to be true, it's safe to assume it not true.  Through time, cheats relax and get greedy & do what can't be done

Bit of a shame actually.
Removing the automatic reset and disqualification timers? Those are pretty neat, and often requested features in the name of realism rather than cheating.
After all, what happens if you get reset after the timer runs out? Nothing. Your time penalty is 0 seconds. That actually allows people to get stuck for longer than is normally possible.

This is some of the more grey areas where making the distinctions between modding and hacking become dubious.

It's one reason I would advocate DiRT Rally having a simple option in-game to disconnect from racenet so you can play and mess about with the game in a safe modding environment that wouldn't compromise leaderboards and wouldn't have to issue out bans unless people actively used them to cheat online.
I honestly believe people should be able to do whatever the hell they want in single player.

After all, Codemasters is the company that invented the Game Genie for goodness sake, one of the original game hacking tools.
Still have my Mega-Drive and SNES ones. My oldest Codemasters products.

No money involved Bry, so I suppose cheating online is disappointing & unfortunate, but not really hurting anyone.  It's pointless really, 1st cheat is the 1st LOSER!  More satisfying to finish just behind a fast driver than it is to cheat your way in front of one!

BrySkye said:
It's one reason I would advocate DiRT Rally having a simple option in-game to disconnect from racenet
Block the internet access for drt.exe. Job done, enjoy messing about with files.

Problem is that people don't do it because they WANT to cheat. I have nothing against trainers in a 100% single player game that has no impact on any online aspect of the game. It allows for some funny stuff at the least. The moment online comes into play in any way... trainers are more than no-no.

I already have been through 4 years of dealing with constant cheating in an online game, where it was a nightmare at some points. You couldn't trust anyone, sometimes you couldn't finish a race, or even start one. Online leaderboards were full of cheaters, along with admin teams being full of cheaters as well. The problem is in people, not software itself. They will do whatever it takes to win something. Be it through abusing a small but obvious bug that most "won't mind", or through using trainers to stop timer and what not, but all is still cheating. It's in human nature and unless you make sure they can't cheat in any way, they always will.

As much as I don't like hackers, it could be fun to mess with, and makes me think mods could be possible. Frankly, I don't care much for online stuff, but he's obviously being an ass on purpose.

i just hope this stuff is really cleared up before launch.this could make what is a great game a bit of a joke.

problem is letting people mess with files or object whatever offline will always be used at some point online if possible.

i believe code masters are serious about catching hackers so hopefully the stay on point at rooting some of the scum who use em.

when people make these videos blatantly cheating it does put big question marks on what is legit.which is what no one wants and racing is competitive.

for me personally its everything !

he hasn't had much time to make them either .so it makes you wonder how good is the anticheat if one person is bypassing what is a game made by a multi million pound company.

this shouldn't be possible in a professional product.or not as easy.

BrySkye said:
It's one reason I would advocate DiRT Rally having a simple option in-game to disconnect from racenet
Block the internet access for drt.exe. Job done, enjoy messing about with files.

Very droll. 
Could also run Steam in offline mode or pull out the ethernet cable.
I'm talking about convenience though.

I've always believed online leaderboards are a flawed concept because, as you say, people will cheat.
Even more so when there is no way to opt out of them and they ultimately form the core part of the games multiplayer.
There will come a time where @Hatward can no longer dedicate so much of his time to policing the leaderboards because it will be uneconomical. 
Then it will become a moot point anyway.

yes that moot point will be the time i stop playing.only reason im worried is dirt 3 started out great then all the short cut times and so on ruined all the times.

times are very important.hopefully they are monitored for a good while after the game launches.

would be interesting to hear all things related.

In other news, Milestone just announced Valentino Rossi - The Game, which amongst bike stuff will include being able to take a rally car around monza rally show

BrySkye said:
I'm talking about convenience though.
If you're going to be editing files or using trainers, convenience is the last thing you should expect in any way.

In other news, Milestone just announced Valentino Rossi - The Game, which amongst bike stuff will include being able to take a rally car around monza rally show
Not sure if joking....

You, are, joking, right?

Not sure if joking....

You, are, joking, right?
Nope, just google it