DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I'm assuming they will be taking rally physics from SLRE? And I also guess they are using Rossi's Fiesta, so I guess that will be in SLRE too if it's not already confirmed?

BrySkye said:
I'm talking about convenience though.
If you're going to be editing files or using trainers, convenience is the last thing you should expect in any way.
And yet it usually is anyway. :)
Allow me to rephrase then. There should always be an option to decide not to participate in online features such as leaderboards in single player modes.

Oh ffs! :(                                 

I posted details and the announcement video in the SLRE topic.

I'd love to disable racenet when upgrading cars. Why? So people on Steam stops going like "HURRRRRR I BEAT YOUR TIME WITH TEN SECONDS HERE LOL" well .. yeah.

How can training mode be fun though?  What's FUN??  
Why buy a Rally sim, and modify to to feel like go-karts???   You don't go Ice skating wearing Studded Climbing boots?

KevM said:
How can training mode be fun though?  What's FUN??  
Why buy a Rally sim, and modify to to feel like go-karts???   You don't go Ice skating wearing Studded Climbing boots?
There are possibilities.
You could use it exclusively to turn off the auto-reset timer and nothing more.
Instead of being automatically put back on the track in 15 seconds with a 0 second penalty, you might spend 20 or 25 seconds getting back on the track.
That's to your detriment, yet is more realistic.
So what's the problem there?
If that was available on its own and called a mod rather than a trainer/hack, I bet it would be perceived differently.

The original Colin McRae Rally had an actual proper Hover mode built in.
Or to drive a block of green jelly. Sometimes it's good to lighten up.

For the people making them, the fun is usually in figuring out how to make them work and how the game works, rather than using the tools.
Same goes for modders in general. They have their own coding challenge: To stay one step ahead of the anti-cheat measures.

Not at all defending their use to cheat online.

Just pointing out these are merely tools and not always exclusively about cheating.
Like games which give you access to the console.
You could use that to cheat in Skyrim or Fallout by giving yourself as much money as you wanted, but you could also use it to freeze the gameplay, change the FOV, enable the free camera and even fix scripting bugs.

BrySkye said:
Just pointing out these are merely tools and not always exclusively about cheating.
Like games which give you access to the console.
You could use that to cheat in Skyrim or Fallout by giving yourself as much money as you wanted, but you could also use it to freeze the gameplay, change the FOV, enable the free camera and even fix scripting bugs.
It's just that Skyrim and Fallout are singleplayer only

We had asked about that one over in suggestions, to replace the timer with a button.  Pity if never made it! :)
The Hover mode and Jelly, light hearted visuals slightly similar to us skinning cars or replacing Impreza's with GT4's, but maybe not performance enhancing.

But altering gravity, thats a whole different kettle of fish!

Its never going away & probably not physically possible to police thoroughly, but hey, its just a game!

I'd love to disable racenet when upgrading cars. Why? So people on Steam stops going like "HURRRRRR I BEAT YOUR TIME WITH TEN SECONDS HERE LOL" well .. yeah.

Lol i am not even near your or @Rallycameraman 's time,...
Really starting to wonder what you guys will do when you are competing in a real rally event with my rallycar,... or perhaps wondering if it will get out of the rally event without a scratch ( or crash) xD

Lol i am not even near your or @Rallycameraman 's time,...
Really starting to wonder what you guys will do when you are competing in a real rally event with my rallycar,... or perhaps wondering if it will get out of the rally event without a scratch ( or crash) xD
We shall find out what I can do in a rally car in 2016 ;) :D

Disconnect Interwebz. Done!

bogani said:
Not an option.

bogani said:
Not an option.
Ofcourse not. So I guess you will just have to deal with it then.

bogani said:
You may strategically place your lips upon my posterior and kiss it repeatedly.

bogani said:

Not an option.

bogani said:
bogani said:

Not an option.
I guess you just have to deal with it then.

bogani said:
bogani said:

Not an option.
I guess you just have to deal with it then.
Yes.

asseption :D .

so have we got any surprises install for the next update anyone broke anything down ?

you would think with it being the final update it would be a nice something as a surprise to finish on.

@dgeesi0 
Maybe they will surprise all of us :wink: even the testers, sounds like from @KickUp 's tweets that there is very possibly some future for DR 1 wether free or DLC.  

If the "no time left" reply to any future DR1 then they are working on DR2 after first of the year.  

I'm not seeing THAT many bugs left to squash anymore.  So there probably isn't going to be a mad rush to get a patch out to fix some catastrophic issue. EA is great for making sure a near perfect game is launched.  

Looking forward to standing at the local Big Box Store telling everyone to buy this game as I hand them a copy :joy: 

gfRally said:
I'm not seeing THAT many bugs left to squash anymore.
Some still can't even launch the game due to Error 41. That's quite the issue IMO, but other than that... yeah, just few minor corrections here and there, small talk with the driver about playing with the "little fella" while driving the car, getting rid of the "Slenderman puncture edition" and that should be all.