DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

There're some small big issues here and there but generally the game seems to be almost finished.
The biggest issue is the mouse cursor appearing in the middle of struggling through the corner. @Hatward do you think we might see a fix for that?

versedi said:
There're some small big issues here and there but generally the game seems to be almost finished.
The biggest issue is the mouse cursor appearing in the middle of struggling through the corner. @Hatward do you think we might see a fix for that?
There's nothing to actually fix there 'cause it's not broken. If the mouse is moved, the cursor will re-appear.
What you can do in 1.0 (and maybe in 0.9, I don't know), if you so choose, is add a launch option
-mouseMode1
Which will disable the mouse. That was mainly offered to help fix the stuttering, but saying as I don't need to use the mouse in-game, I'm using it myself anyway so it can't appear by accident.

"-mouseMode1" parameter disables the mouse on v0.9???

I´m tired of slapping the mouse while I drive xD

Vibrations from the wheel makes mouse pointer reapear... but seriously, how needs a mouse on DR? at least the way it is right now. :confused: 

OzoreXS said:
"-mouseMode1" parameter disables the mouse on v0.9???
I don't know!?!?! lol
Vibrations from the wheel makes mouse pointer reapear... but seriously, how needs a mouse on DR? at least the way it is right now. :confused: 
It was wheel users (and probably KBM ones) who requested it in the first place. :p
In part because the game can only display buttons on a wheel as 1, 2, 3, etc and no one knows which buttons those translate to on their wheel.
If the wheel is mounted to the desk or same surface the mouse is on, one can hardly be surprised it gets nudged.

It only slightly helps with the numbered button thing (as you cant click some of the choices) and definitely seems more sensitive after the last update!  It never troubled me when first released, but rears its head quite regularly now with the slightest of FFB on the wheel!  Could some sort of .25 second input wake-up be applied maybe?

The reassigning pause button causing the game to forget controller settings next time still seems to be there
I have custom mapped "pause" button and my setting are fine each and everytime I load DR.

Make sure you start Dirt Rally with wheel buttons!!!

If mouse or KB is pressed on start screen, custom button mapping is lost. Its the only case just like it was on Dirt 3

OzoreXS said:
The reassigning pause button causing the game to forget controller settings next time still seems to be there
I have custom mapped "pause" button and my setting are fine each and everytime I load DR.

Make sure you start Dirt Rally with wheel buttons!!!

If mouse or KB is pressed on start screen, custom button mapping is lost. Its the only case just like it was on Dirt 3

Ok, maybe I spoke to much about there are not major bugs, I guess a couple are still creeping around.  

And yes, the button/mouse/keyboard thing is a bit annoying, too.

There are a few leftovers from past titles that need scrapped and overhauled for the next game.  We all have our favorites.

i have had hardly any issues since buying it on release or early access i should say. i wish all early access were this good.

The easiest fix is to simply disable the mouse in game, leaving it enabled when paused or in menus. No special trickery involved of any kind, and obliterates the problem entirely. Realistically, there's absolutely no reason to have mouse function in game, it doesn't do anything until the pause menu pops up.

Morning!

I would love to extract some balance and info from you gossipers of this our c"ommunirty"

So, today´s december 2nd. I cant think about whats next with Dirt Rally. 
Having a look into the timeline, now we just have Winter Wonderland remaining but we all know this may be not the Dirt Rally development but Early Access.

Whats next? What can we espect? technically, whats remaining to be done? whats happening after Winder wonderland?

only the devs and maybe testers know that :)

im hoping the game does indeed carry on to get content after its official release. so many things could be added i guess it comes down to whether they want to make a dirt rally 2 any time soon.

i think personally they should just keep adding to this game for another year at least while developing the next one for another two or three years.

games are becoming saturated the ones that will sell well are the ones that put the effort in now.

so hopefully more content in everyway.

B)

I would assume lots of polish, & maybe we'll see Racenet come into its own once we're using all the content.

Morning check out gamepur dirt rally ps4 / xbone versions rated in Taiwan. Apologies if late on the uptake.

I hope we'll see more additional content for D:R , before the Devs will focus on a possible D:R 2. 
With a Polo WRC and I20 WRC in, we have the ultimate modern machines in the Sim then. but Rally location wise, the Sim is far from being finished imo.

I can only repeat once more that for me a top level Rally Sim (and D:R is the Queen of modern Rally Sims!) has to have more totally different stages per Event and in total more Events around the world...like the unique Rally Corsica , unique Rally Australia / Rally Argentian ... or some nice legendary Rallies like Manx Rally / Catalunya RACC Rally or Rally New Zealand.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/dirt_rally/news/dirt_rally_rated_for_ps4_and_xbox_one.html

Im so happy right now! Can't wait for it to be official, @tbtstt should also be happy!

Well, we know there are some super secret cars being added. So WW is not the last update after all.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/dirt_rally/news/dirt_rally_rated_for_ps4_and_xbox_one.html

Im so happy right now! Can't wait for it to be official, @tbtstt should also be happy!

YES! I have a whole year of DiRT Rally to catch up on, the console release cannot come soon enough! 

As soon as I know the release date I will order myself a PS4: DiRT Rally is the tipping point for a console upgrade! 

If you could furnish us with a console release date as soon as possible @KickUp that would be much appreciated: I might have to start telling people that they won't be getting any Christmas present from me this year as I need to order a PS4 ASAP! 

i ahve a funny feeling tey going to release it next week on 8th. it might be like early access and a surprise.

Haha thought you already had one!

Although I've been playing I haven't been able to enjoy it as my laptop doesn't like rain or night time, so I'll be really looking forward to playing the full thing again! I've only logged about 80 hours or so as I didn't want to ruin the game for when I can play it properly!