DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Achievements are out. Only delta time ones. So we'll get no new car classes. But I guess everybody knew that already.

And by the look of the names we might get Vargåsen and Värmullåsen

You won't see a DS3 in the game. That's a fact. 
Well, you won't see a rally DS3 in the game.
I know some of us might like to, but we can't ignore Rally Cross.  :p

Haha thought you already had one!

Although I've been playing I haven't been able to enjoy it as my laptop doesn't like rain or night time, so I'll be really looking forward to playing the full thing again! I've only logged about 80 hours or so as I didn't want to ruin the game for when I can play it properly!
With the new house this year I have had to curtail my spending some what! I almost cracked when MGS5 came out, but I managed to resist. I cannot wait any longer to play DiRT Rally though, so once that's confirmed I'm making a purchase!

tbtstt said:
Haha thought you already had one!

Although I've been playing I haven't been able to enjoy it as my laptop doesn't like rain or night time, so I'll be really looking forward to playing the full thing again! I've only logged about 80 hours or so as I didn't want to ruin the game for when I can play it properly!
With the new house this year I have had to curtail my spending some what! I almost cracked when MGS5 came out, but I managed to resist. I cannot wait any longer to play DiRT Rally though, so once that's confirmed I'm making a purchase!

I cracked about this time last year in the Christmas sales and got an xbox. The wait will be worth it, what we played before release is nothing compared to the stuff in the game now!

I wanna teaser. Or at least a couple of screenshots.
Tease what?
Steamworks integration for tuning and FFB setups was revealed via Twitter.
A car was teased with a really heavily cropped part of a really obscure part, and all but confirmed within a few hours so it didn't even spark a protracted period of discussion.
Amazon.de dropped a clanger.
Winter Wonderland features Sweden and it's going to be snowy.
Ratings boards are starting to suggest that not only could a console version be happening, it might be sooner than we thought.

With so much out of the bag (and Paul on holiday with no community manager), it's understandable that if there is much left to tease, they don't want to.

Everything just seems to be falling out at this point doesn't it? I'm hoping that all the announcements will come with the update on Monday (not saying that's when the update is, just speculating).

I wonder how far console release would be? Right back in November last year we were discussing with Lee and the team the early access programme, and it was mentioned that if they were going to do a console release, the porting would be outsourced to someone else, allowing the Codemasters team to focus on PC. I don't know whether this happened in the end, or if it did when they would have starting to do it. I guess they could have started a while ago, and then worked on the later stuff like modern masters and winter wonderland later down the line?

BrySkye said:
Tease what?
A car was teased with a really heavily cropped part of a really obscure part, and all but confirmed within a few hours so it didn't even spark a protracted period of discussion.
Ratings boards are starting to suggest that not only could a console version be happening, it might be sooner than we thought.

With so much out of the bag (and Paul on holiday with no community manager), it's understandable that if there is much left to tease, they don't want to.
Don't be a dull beggar. I know about future featues. I was talking about "how it looks like", some snowy video or screehshots. Just as it was before Modern Masters update.

Don't be a dull beggar. I know about future featues. I was talking about "how it looks like", some snowy video or screehshots. Just as it was before Modern Masters update.
Insults aside...
BrySkye said:
Yeesh

it was mentioned that if they were going to do a console release, the porting would be outsourced to someone else, allowing the Codemasters team to focus on PC. I don't know whether this happened in the end, or if it did when they would have starting to do it. I guess they could have started a while ago, and then worked on the later stuff like modern masters and winter wonderland later down the line?
In all honesty, I'd hope not, unless it was suitably budgeted from a very experienced porter with a good track record.
Outsourced ports have been a recent source of contention in terms of bad console to PC ports (Mortal Kombat X, Batman: Arkham Knight...) and also bad PC to 8th Gen Console Ports (Borderlands: The Handsome Collection).
Better to port it themselves and release later than release something sub-par. GTA5 on PC has been an exceptional example that porting properly and releasing later is vastly more successful.
The PC version of MGS5 was also handled internally by Kojima Productions. I was supposed to be released after the console versions, but the dev team gave up their holiday for finishing the console version (not re-scheduled, just gave it up) to get the PC version out at the same time.
,,,I wonder if the PC port of F1 2015 was outsourced...

image now a D:R screenshot of Polo R WRC in full 2015 WRC works livery going fast over a snowy sweden section with small studded tires and extra light pods 
that'll make my day 
 :p :p :p 

BrySkye said:
Tease what?
Well all the other updates had a little teaser trailer/commercial, don't know when it's release was compared to the update though. With WW being so close I'd expect another short trailer fairly soon.

BrySkye said:
Insults aside...
BrySkye said:
Yeesh

it was mentioned that if they were going to do a console release, the porting would be outsourced to someone else, allowing the Codemasters team to focus on PC. I don't know whether this happened in the end, or if it did when they would have starting to do it. I guess they could have started a while ago, and then worked on the later stuff like modern masters and winter wonderland later down the line?
In all honesty, I'd hope not, unless it was suitably budgeted from a very experienced porter with a good track record.
Outsourced ports have been a recent source of contention in terms of bad console to PC ports (Mortal Kombat X, Batman: Arkham Knight...) and also bad PC to 8th Gen Console Ports (Borderlands: The Handsome Collection).
Better to port it themselves and release later than release something sub-par. GTA5 on PC has been an exceptional example that porting properly and releasing later is vastly more successful.
The PC version of MGS5 was also handled internally by Kojima Productions. I was supposed to be released after the console versions, but the dev team gave up their holiday for finishing the console version (not re-scheduled, just gave it up) to get the PC version out at the same time.
,,,I wonder if the PC port of F1 2015 was outsourced...

I don't really know much about game development. This was only mentioned briefly at the time, so anything could have changed by then. I hope we find out sooner rather than later, cause I'm pretty excited right now!

well games releases in uk are tuesday and usa fridays arnt they.

so roll on the 8th i think the console version will probably launch same day. who knows ? :D

image now a D:R screenshot of Polo R WRC in full 2015 WRC works livery going fast over a snowy sweden section with small studded tires and extra light pods 
that'll make my day 

Here you go :p 

that'll make my day 

Here you go :p 

Pfft, not a light pod in sight. Arcade.

JZStudios said:
Well all the other updates had a little teaser trailer/commercial, don't know when it's release was compared to the update though. With WW being so close I'd expect another short trailer fairly soon.
I'm pretty sure the trailers for each update didn't release until the update was released.  We might get a screenshot in the road book this week but I doubt any more than that.

griev0r said:
JZStudios said:
I'm pretty sure the trailers for each update didn't release until the update was released.  We might get a screenshot in the road book this week but I doubt any more than that.
Correct, launch trailers go up along side the launch of a new update.
A screenshot on Friday seems likely, assuming release next week (which is likely since achievements are up and it seemed likely to happen before Paul gets home).