F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

gfRally said:
https://youtu.be/iS9KkhKl_Zk

Not new video, but I guess I can say *I* drive like Collin Mcrae, REALLY!  Who says DiRT Rally damage has to be terminal every crash?  
:wink: 
I noticed how he crashed and rolled so many times without visible cracks on windshield. Why are windshields so fragile in video games?

I noticed how he crashed and rolled so many times without visible cracks on windshield. Why are windshields so fragile in video games?
Because they are more realistic ;)

I noticed how he crashed and rolled so many times without visible cracks on windshield.
Because they changed the windshield in the service area. You can even see them doing it. Look before they do that and there are definitely visible cracks.

I noticed how he crashed and rolled so many times without visible cracks on windshield.
Because they changed the windshield in the service area. You can even see them doing it. Look before they do that and there are definitely visible cracks.
That's after first crash. The 2nd is without a crack straight after the roll.

That's after first crash. The 2nd is without a crack straight after the roll.
Ya. But there was still cracks in the first one, which was the point.

gfRally said:
https://youtu.be/iS9KkhKl_Zk

Not new video, but I guess I can say *I* drive like Collin Mcrae, REALLY!  Who says DiRT Rally damage has to be terminal every crash?  :wink: 
colins "mad max day"   <3  <3  <3 

KevM said:
Are the crests more suited to V2 cars?   
The air time in Sweden isn't something you need to worry about. More like keeping the car inside the snow banks. It's tight and technical. Best stages in the game imo :)

bogani said:
KevM said:
Are the crests more suited to V2 cars?   
The air time in Sweden isn't something you need to worry about. More like keeping the car inside the snow banks. It's tight and technical. Best stages in the game imo :)

Word... The width of the road between banks and car's responsiveness makes it very tricky...

So... it seems that DiRT Rally is on the way to consoles! That's great news! :)
But I doubt it will come out in 2015...

It'll probably be all about Destiny. :D                                                   

BrySkye said:
It'll probably be all about Destiny. :D                                                   
haha they do love destiny dont they :p

I want to love destiny, but destiny doesn't love me.

Figured the console release would be a no-brainer, I am hoping the league play will be cross platform.

All I can think about is how I'm going to obliterate my car jumping Colin's Crest if there is one in the next update... sigh...

Seriously hope not. Sweden with a puncture will be impossible for sure, no way to take it to the finish line

Procver said:
Seriously hope not. Sweden with a puncture will be impossible for sure, no way to take it to the finish line
inb4 a bug whereas running without a tire on the rim will result in better grip overall :D 

Hope we get some info on WW tomorrow in the road book, I cannot friggen wait for Sweden.  Snow rallies in RSRBR when I used to play were some of the funnest, and how the testers and @KickUp confirmed how tight and technical the stages are hell yeah.  Plus there are some very high speeds in Sweden similar to Wales and Finland.  I'm especially intrigued to see how the cars react to snow banks, and wonder if you can get stuck if you stuff it too bad.  Bring it onnnn!

griev0r said:
Hope we get some info on WW tomorrow in the road book, I cannot friggen wait for Sweden.  Snow rallies in RSRBR when I used to play were some of the funnest, and how the testers and @KickUp confirmed how tight and technical the stages are hell yeah.  Plus there are some very high speeds in Sweden similar to Wales and Finland.  I'm especially intrigued to see how the cars react to snow banks, and wonder if you can get stuck if you stuff it too bad.  Bring it onnnn!
I won't say too much about the stages and the snow banks as I don't want to ruin it for you, but there are some very high speed sections, and they're particularly satisfying if you manage to nail them just right :D

the testers would probably be lynched if they told us what is in update before launch or maybe todays road map.

hoping today we find out what is in ww.