DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Rallycameraman said:
I won't say too much about the stages and the snow banks as I don't want to ruin it for you, but there are some very high speed sections, and they're particularly satisfying if you manage to nail them just right :D
Sounds like Wales in snow mode.

Rallycameraman said:
I won't say too much about the stages and the snow banks as I don't want to ruin it for you, but there are some very high speed sections, and they're particularly satisfying if you manage to nail them just right :D
It's nothing like Wales. 

Put it this way. All 6 locations are all unique and completely different from each other. It's really quite remarkable how Codies have captured the atmosphere of each location so well. 

Just to set the mood....  :)                                                                

https://youtu.be/DN9zo8z7g80

gas, gas, gas like crazy on this stages.

If you release throlte in middle turn, your dead.

This is not for cowards, if you dont gas you will be eating understeer forever.

Only two modes allowed:
- Rally / speed / heart attack style
- Driving Miss Daisy 

Rallycameraman said:
It's nothing like Wales. 
I mean nailing the high speed sections part ;) I get massive satisfaction whenever I nail the part in Pant Mawr after the first checkpoint.

Oh look what I found:
http://blog.codemasters.com/community/12/dirt-rally-road-book-041215/

Great news! Just kind of sad the Hyundai is a concept, not a competition car.

Hatward said:
 If you don’t have the credits to buy one straight away I’ll be making sure there are Daily Events running next week so you can take them both for a test spin

Hopefully it is only the livery that they couldn't get. Don't know the difference between this years version and the concept, but it looks pretty similar to the one I've got on my wall!

Was hoping for more announcements, but it sounds like winter wonderland will be next week, so maybe we will see some more then

Oh look what I found:

I think the i20 is the competition car, but with the concept livery.

GheeD, in Finland (in Greece) lol                                                          

There are 2 liveries for i20. That blue/black with Hyundai logo and whole white 

KevM said:
GheeD, in Finland (in Greece) lol                                                          
yes i read that and then sat there like rabbit in headlights for few seconds. :D

TPJP said:
Oh look what I found:

I think the i20 is the competition car, but with the concept livery.
The mirrors are definitely from the concept and so are parts of the front. However the rear-wing seems to be competition. I don't know what to make of this Hyundai.

Anyone else feel @justbiglee's depature more than ever around this time? Just coming up to the end of EA, as well as the last update which there has been a lot of talk about. Can't help but feel this whole thing could've been even bigger if he was still with us on the forums :(

Job3k said:
There are 2 liveries for i20. That blue/black with Hyundai logo and whole white 
That's a shame, I was really hoping for the 2015 livery. How about the Polo? Just the 2015 or are there others?

Also, now the Polo is confirmed, it's quite safe to say that the box art was real (not that there was much doubt anyway)

With all that now solidly out in the open, I suppose I can sneak this little clip as a DiRTY Gossip exclusive...
from Finland though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqp3e3GnFBg

Guess what? No punctures. :D 

BTW, I was completely trolling the lot of you earlier. That "NOPE!" pic was a 2001 Focus at Monte Carlo.
No unofficial peeks of Sweden yet for you lot!
Not giving away any livery info either.

The devs give out the info, we might just expand a bit more on it. Not our place to go into any details. :)

Never worry about liveries. In typical fashion, the car will be live only 15 minutes when a full suite of works liveries will become available!! lol

BrySkye said:
With all that now solidly out in the open, I suppose I can sneak this little clip as a DiRTY Gossip exclusive...
from Finland though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqp3e3GnFBg

Guess what? No punctures. :D 

BTW, I was completely trolling the lot of you earlier. That "NOPE!" pic was a 2001 Focus at Monte Carlo.
No unofficial peeks of Sweden yet for you lot!
Not giving away any livery info either.

The devs give out the info, we might just expand a bit more on it. Not our place to go into any details. :)
Yeah but you can tell me right? I'm in the super secret part of the forum too!