F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

KevM said:
Never worry about liveries. In typical fashion, the car will be live only 15 minutes when a full suite of works liveries will become available!! lol
Depends. With cars like the Audi's, there was only ever the official skin in one slot, which is a bit of a pain on the skinning side. 

Seems like the Zero Cars are now the VIP Cars.

Job3k said:

I think these liveries are available in dirt rally since 2 months or so?
Oh whoops, haven't seen them before, but never really browsed through the liveries either.

where you see if there is vip icons ?

weird to think that early access is almost over.

dgeesi0 said:
where you see if there is vip icons ?

weird to think that early access is almost over.
leaderboards i guess

TPJP said:
Oh look what I found:
http://blog.codemasters.com/community/12/dirt-rally-road-book-041215/

Great news! Just kind of sad the Hyundai is a concept, not a competition car.

I think the i20 is the competition car, but with the concept livery.
The mirrors are definitely from the concept and so are parts of the front. However the rear-wing seems to be competition. I don't know what to make of this Hyundai.
Actually after looking closely, it appears the car has a mixture of parts from both concept and the production car.

The car is likely based on this show model but with the bonnet from the production car and this one's side mirrors:

Production model:

Great news, great road book. Kudos for managing to get those cars onboard and can't wait to try them out next week.

Concept or not, that 'definitely-not-an-i20' is good enough for me.

Same story again... Wrong spoiler on Impreza, wrong interior in Impreza, Wrong headlights on Focus, concept i20... Give me a refund! 
Edit: Oh i forgot autumn in finland instead of summer. That's clearly makes Dirt Rally unplayable.. 

Sarcasm lvl i20 Kappa 

I'd also like to know what was needed for VIP :] 

I would also, also like to know whether or not we'll see the ability for us to put our names on the cars, considering we already have in-game driver profiles with our full names and country in it. 

who gives a sh*t about side mirrors? :) that i20 resembles the real deal closely enough to me :)
which one of the 2 got its authentic engine sound? I remember Paul saying they got a recording session with 1 of the new cars, my guess is the Polo? Since they managed to secure the authentic livery as well?

I would also, also like to know whether or not we'll see the ability for us to put our names on the cars, considering we already have in-game driver profiles with our full names and country in it. 
I think its a problem with how they do liveries because the cars that do have name and flag have those as a part of the same pssg file. So I'm not sure if they have found a way to fix it. But on the other hand it's relativly easy to mod in you name and flag

I would imagine its the Hyundai, but it'd be unreal if its the VW, as it sounds filthy!! :D

Yeah the side mirrors also don't bother me, actually they look prettier that way. :D

Also no word on the Renaults. Kind of a bummer. :/

I think its a problem with how they do liveries because the cars that do have name and flag have those as a part of the same pssg file. So I'm not sure if they have found a way to fix it. But on the other hand it's relativly easy to mod in you name and flag
I'll have to get learning, then! I've never amended or created a livery in my life. 

Tried launching DiRT Rally to see if by some insane amount of luck I got the VIP thingie and... Error 41 every single time -_- Validating the game cache as I write this. Edit: Validation fixed the issue, don't have the VIP (as expected), so @Snaky115 your prediction is off the mark :p 

Also, I would imagine the VIP liveries to not be the 00 ones. Probably some hidden ones. Unless I understand the "We’ve created three unique liveries for one car in each discipline in the game." in a wrong way.

And @BrySkye , can you really confirm that the punctures have been actually improved in the WW update? That would make me one happy "Colin McRae wannabe" xD