DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

i think it says doesnt it in the news. if you helped out or contributed to the game in various ways you got vip.

And @BrySkye , can you really confirm that the punctures have been actually improved in the WW update? That would make me one happy "Colin McRae wannabe" xD
I don't think I'm getting punctures any more or less than I previously did. 
But then I've never gotten one for what I felt was no reason either.

Tried launching DiRT Rally to see if by some insane amount of luck I got the VIP thingie and... Error 41 every single time -_- Validating the game cache as I write this. Edit: Validation fixed the issue, don't have the VIP (as expected), so @Snaky115 your prediction is off the mark :p 

i just just tried to launch the game to check something and had the same problem? Haven't played for about a month, and won't be a playing again until next week, so hopefully it will be fixed by then

BrySkye said:

And @BrySkye , can you really confirm that the punctures have been actually improved in the WW update? That would make me one happy "Colin McRae wannabe" xD
I don't think I'm getting punctures any more or less than I previously did. 
But then I've never gotten one for what I felt was no reason either.
I did the same roll you did there in many a cars, in many a events, and got many a punctures every single time. Yes, sometimes more than one at a time. At this point I'm not sure if it's just me and my PC or the game.

The VIP status is assigned manually by none other than @Hatward himself as the server and online guru, so it's not some automated process with a set criteria like unlocking an achievement.
Poor guy has been sitting there typing names today.
No joke, he sent me a message over Steam telling me to reboot the game 'cause he'd just typed my name in. :P
It's going to be any number of things that have gotten the attention of the devs throughout Early Access.
Vajb, for example, for streaming the game so often, which the team got involved in with competitions and DiRTY prizes.
The community testers. People who have consistently been exceptional in the daily events and leaderboards.
Maybe even people who have helped @MrJamieLowes source photos of dogs not knowing what they are doing to bombard Hatward with, but that's a long shot. 

The highest community reward is a mention in the credits of v1 and upwards, but that's reserved for the people who actually visited Codies to see the game before it was announced and a very select number of gossipers/community testers.
I'm not one of 'those, which is a bit of a sad face, but I shall proudly bare my shield as if it was Hylian!. :P 

Group B RWD, F2 kit cars & Pikes Peak cars also got upgraded to V2 handling? Big improvement?

sqdstr said:
Group B RWD, F2 kit cars & Pikes Peak cars also got upgraded to V2 handling? Big improvement?
Yes, Pikes Peak cars are feeling great now. Will back to hill climb because of that v2 

Never really played hill climb cause I couldn't keep the cars on the road with my X360 pad, excited now to try again :)

Really looking forward to Monday now, and again, like the MM update, i'm just looking forward to the whole package, this game is still fun and i'm loving it.

Let's see, other than great bug fixes (who doesn't like those?)
We've got, V2 handling for 99% of the cars now :)
We'll also get FFB back to the right weighting again (due to the V2 being done)
Two new cars!!  including what i think is our first WRC official licensed car, the 2015 one at that!!!
A whole new rally event!!!!\
More fixes for things like the wheel stuttering lots of people had

Again, the stuff i love are the numerous details, the things that aren't big bugs or new features, i love playing something after a bug fixing pass was made :)

sqdstr said:
Never really played hill climb cause I couldn't keep the cars on the road with my X360 pad, excited now to try again :)
I mostly tried and only own the 205, which, um, is basically a couple of coffee induced-like runs before i have to quit.  The daily with the 405? wow, so much more predictable, yet, somehow, i couldn't finish either run, as i crashed so much i go two punctures each time.  Let me say, they are not easy cars to drive with two missing tyres :(

So yeah, looking forward a lot to those cars on V2, just gives me more scope to play in the game :)

BrySkye said:
The VIP status is assigned manually by none other than @Hatward himself as the server and online guru, so it's not some automated process with a set criteria like unlocking an achievement.
No joke, he sent me a message over Steam telling me to reboot the game 'cause he'd just typed my name in. :P
It's going to be any number of things that have gotten the attention of the devs throughout Early Access.
Vajb, for example, for streaming the game so often, which the team got involved in with competitions and DiRTY prizes.
The community testers. People who have consistently been exceptional in the daily events and leaderboards.
Maybe even people who have helped @MrJamieLowes source photos of dogs not knowing what they are doing to bombard Hatward with, but that's a long shot. 

The highest community reward is a mention in the credits of v1 and upwards, but that's reserved for the people who actually visited Codies to see the game before it was announced and a very select number of gossipers/community testers.
I'm not one of 'those, which is a bit of a sad face, but I shall proudly bare my shield as if it was Hylian!. :P 

Sadly I didn't get the VIP status even though I'm a community tester and have actually done quite a few world records (which have likely been beaten nowadays but anyway...) :(

I am sure he is just taking a nap in-between typing VIP names and/or going "Really, Him, VIP?" ;D

I like being really hopeful. :D

Jepsertti said:
BrySkye said:

Sadly I didn't get the VIP status even though I'm a community tester and have actually done quite a few world records (which have likely been beaten nowadays but anyway...) :(
No VIP for me too but Hey, we've got chance to play unreleased content few weeks before others. The amount of testers is not that much and we are few of them so i think thats already a reward ;) 

Snaky115 said:
I am sure he is just taking a nap in-between typing VIP names and/or going "Really, Him, VIP?" ;D

I like being really hopeful. :D
It's Friday evening, what do you think he's doing?
https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/672871381642661888

one thing i'm wondering about, is what's next ? already on the next DiRT title ? DLC ? anything else ?

Just being a typical Gossiper, and trying to read between lines/dissect everything said.  @Hatward did say "Rounding off our car list for this year is the Hyundai Rally. " so maybe more NEXT year?

Also this:
"
That’s it from us – next time you drop by we’ll have a lot more to talk about. ;) "

a LOT more?  What possibly could be said, we know pretty much everything now.  So there are more goodies on the horizon?

In all seriousness, I must say that Early Access has been like a crack addiction.  Getting something new every month was a lot of fun, but now that its almost come to a close, its like our dealer got caught and our supply is run out.  So this is a dilemma in some ways, but not a bad one to have.  

Well done!! Polo R WRC and Hyundai I20 WRC coming to dirt rally, that's a good GOAL to FIA, only missing one more car..the DS3 WRC, if codies put this model, it would be the final goal. because that will make no sense to buy WRC5 (for drive TOP cars and also the last ones).

Again well done, good move before the release of console version!

Darnit, gf, that's what i was going to post :)

Honestly though, there are a *lot* of  lines in that Roadbook that tell us by way of omission/inclusion just what is happening.  The English language can be a very complex beast and it's cool that this info was dropped :)

Basically, in addition to @gfRally 's info, it also confirms in several places that the release is next week, and i'm going to say from experience, that it's Monday.
We already know from Paul that there was more recently, the sound of new cars on the horizon that weren't in the original scope and sounded like being due to a new avenue opening for them.  Darren's mention of cars for this year gives more oomph to that and on top of the console releases and a physical box art picture being 'released', means there is a lot changing from the original plans.

I honestly expect to see more content etc. one way or another, for DR in the coming months :)

Congrats chaps! Even more gutted I wasn't able to help beyond the day at Codemasters now. Hopefully CM will require further assistance when they launch the console version, so some of us can try and earn VIP status there. :smiley: 

F2CMaDMaXX said:
Honestly though, there are a *lot* of  lines in that Roadbook that tell us by way of omission/inclusion just what is happening.  The English language can be a very complex beast and it's cool that this info was dropped :)
Actually, it's because English is very simple that you can make a sentence that means a lot of things. The more complex the language is the more specific each sentence becomes along with becoming more difficult to learn. Just a small bit from a grammar nazi whose native language is known as a grammar hell xD

gfRally said:
In all seriousness, I must say that Early Access has been like a crack addiction.  Getting something new every month was a lot of fun, but now that its almost come to a close, its like our dealer got caught and our supply is run out.  So this is a dilemma in some ways, but not a bad one to have.  

Haha that is such a good analogy.  Now that it seems to be coming to an end, it's sad almost!  Getting new content/features/fixes to play and then the next month or two you get more and more!  It has kept it so engaging, I wish it didn't have to end  :'(