DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

F2CMaDMaXX said:
Honestly though, there are a *lot* of  lines in that Roadbook that tell us by way of omission/inclusion just what is happening.  The English language can be a very complex beast and it's cool that this info was dropped :)
Actually, it's because English is very simple that you can make a sentence that means a lot of things. The more complex the language is the more specific each sentence becomes along with becoming more difficult to learn. Just a small bit from a grammar nazi whose native language is known as a grammar hell xD
Not at all, makes sense, i was perhaps speaking more to the languages easy to learn, difficult to master properties; not so much that you can read *anything* between the lines, more that you get to the point where you can read *specific* things between the lines ;)

Great work guys, awesome work codies and for all you that test the content, thanks! 

The future looks bright to me, this is pure race fuel and I think in coming month or so we will see great stuff. Otherwise there will be new sims that will be even better!

Paul & Co has done something incredible for the motorsport but mainly the rally community! 

Not sure if VIP really does anything other than a few extra liveries, but I nominate @Porkhammer  if he isn't already. Entire tributes and movies, including documentaries and comedies could be solely based on him. Here's to you, Porky! Live on!
https://youtu.be/7oday_Fc-Gc

Oh, he's VIP'd alright :)                                                       

JZStudios said:
Not sure if VIP really does anything other than a few extra liveries, but I nominate @Porkhammer  if he isn't already. Entire tributes and movies, including documentaries and comedies could be solely based on him. Here's to you, Porky! Live on!
What the? :D Can I have some of the stuff you're on?

(thanks for the praise ;) )

Msportdan who made the first FFB-fix
TemplarFX which made an huge impact with is FFB-fixes; Impact-Mod, Hardcore mod, Beyond Ultra-mod, etc.
All of the people who regulary create these awesome liveries on racedepartement and such
The guy who created Finland in Summer.
Rallygamer which made an awesome dial and more destictive pacenotes.
Not to mind helpfull people on Steam who are there from the very first beginnin
Tommytag for creating the most downloaded and usefull cameramod
Many other modders which provided usefull mods like modmanagers, etc. 
The people who played an insane amount of time clocking 500+ hours and over. Such as Hellward which drove 800+ hours. 
People like Arby whos an awesome promotion or relegation-based league, and provides data of it too. 
People who release guides on Steam like Michael E. and such. 
and a bunch more people.
The problem is, mods don't actually make it in the game, or affect it at all really. They don't change development or make the game... more attractive? I can't think of the right words, but unofficial modded liveries and xml changes really don't affect anything. Porky (as far as I know) has been here since the beginning. I bought after the PP update. Porky has always kept the community alive and laughing, and other people have helped make bigger decisions and are more invested. Don't get me wrong, the mods are great, but they didn't really change anything. The entirety of the community was complaining about physics and FFB, so CM adjusted it, therefore, the new physics are dedicated to and in a way created (kind of) by the community will as a whole.

@RinusRally Let's also be fair, if VIP is simply a couple new liveries, I give it about 24 hours for it to become publicly available.

JZStudios said:
What the? :D Can I have some of the stuff you're on?

(thanks for the praise ;) )
I like your hat.

I dont have the vip but yesterday in the daily i had the Dirt livery in the polo, i think that all of us who write frequently in the forums deserve a VIP, what do you think @Hatward ? Can you add to VIP to all of your gossipers? Or just to IP only not very but just important LOL

Simply cannot wait till monday/tuesday.
This will be awesome.

Definetly something's on line with next year post-release content update..."for this year"...

I dont have the vip but yesterday in the daily i had the Dirt livery in the polo, i think that all of us who write frequently in the forums deserve a VIP, what do you think @Hatward ? Can you add to VIP to all of your gossipers? Or just to IP only not very but just important LOL
Everyone should have VIP so @Hatward can never leave the office, forever typing an endless list of names. 

Why is this VIP so important for some?? A nice thing to do from codies so just be glad for it. I dont care if Im VIP,KING or a farmer, as long as I can compete in the sim...

astro83 said:
Why is this VIP so important for some?? A nice thing to do from codies so just be glad for it. I dont care if Im VIP,KING or a farmer, as long as I can compete in the sim...
I'm VIP and a farmer!

with regards to reading between the lines of the road book, remember the trip to Barcelona? That would be a likely new location for potential dlc

astro83 said:
I'm VIP and a farmer!

with regards to reading between the lines of the road book, remember the trip to Barcelona? That would be a likely new location for potential dlc

There was also a wink when questioned about rally CATALONIA, which would be cool as its a mixed surface event, though I still prefer gravel.  I love gravel and the sound of it, its part of me (quite literally from a cycling accident when I was young :neutral: )

gfRally said:
astro83 said:
I'm VIP and a farmer!

There was also a wink when questioned about rally CATALONIA, which would be cool as its a mixed surface event, though I still prefer gravel.  I love gravel and the sound of it, its part of me (quite literally from a cycling accident when I was young :neutral: )
Yeah I prefer Gravel too, but there is some rally stages with a good mix of Gravel/Asphalt that are interesting to drive, especially with gravel tyres.

I'd more happy if they've decided to expand at least one of current location, especially Wales as it seems to take less budget (no airplanes, visas, etc.). instead of making one more with same number of stages that would probably take more time and effort (new models, textures, etc.).
Honestly I don't really care about the RX cause it doesn't make me feel things that I have in rally.

versedi said:
I'd more happy if they've decided to expand at least one of current location, especially Wales as it seems to take less budget (no airplanes, visas, etc.). instead of making one more with same number of stages that would probably take more time and effort (new models, textures, etc.).
Honestly I don't really care about the RX cause it doesn't make me feel things that I have in rally.
.I DO .WANNA. Chirk Castle stage. Nice short stage about 2 km, tarmac + some dirt in gravel tyres...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azMTRzVUwz8

sqdstr said:
Would love to see a proper vineyard stage in Germany like Moselland
Germany extension pack  - including a vineyard stage, a Porsche(or RUF) 911 GT3 rally and the Opel Adam R2!  B)

sqdstr said:
Would love to see a proper vineyard stage in Germany like Moselland
So much of this. I'd put a thread in the suggestion forum asking what stages people would like to see. Thought it would be an interesting discussion. :)

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/36659/cars-tracks-what-stages-would-you-like-to-see#latest

A German vineyard stage would be so good! I hope we get another Wales stage too, it's probably the most likely because of costs. Maybe something like Dyfi, or a more classic stage like route 60.