DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Skroxs said:
Nice, it sort of reminds me of this clip.

https://youtu.be/JG9yfutJ254

There is so many things in that video that would be cool to have in the next DiRT Rally game.  People could be there if they where all like brick walls, unrealistic when you hit them, but would enforce the value of the lives and deter you from hitting them.  It would make for some really tight stages, they would have to be animated though.  

Anyhow, done dreaming/wishing.  Great video!  

Of course @griev0r I have watched that video many many times, it was one of the first artistic videos done for DiRT Rally and really one of the few.  

the way that Audi ramps up at 2:55 maybe codemasters got it right with the ramping cars. :)

Maybe some community tester can blow a whistle - can we expect Steam workshop in tommorow update?

its tomorrow or tuesday . so im praying its the normal 2pm on steam uk time tomorrow as i just enjured 3 hrs earlier of rx to get my credits up to buy new cars in masters :D

versedi said:
Maybe some community tester can blow a whistle - can we expect Steam workshop in tommorow update?
Hope so!  Porky is going to send me his setups to settle a score.  You up for that @dgeesi0 ?

dgeesi0 said:
its tomorrow or tuesday . so im praying its the normal 2pm on steam uk time tomorrow as i just enjured 3 hrs earlier of rx to get my credits up to buy new cars in masters :D
Should've went with Hill Climb. Easier... well, that depends, but definitely about 3 times faster.

KevM said:
versedi said:
Hope so!  Porky is going to send me his setups to settle a score.  You up for that @dgeesi0 ?
For what car do you require my setup?

KevM said:
versedi said:
Blimey! If you're offering I'd love to see your setups for the Fiat Abarth...if you have special setups for it that is.

I have a feeling you drive that pretty much standard.

cjl9 said:
KevM said:
versedi said:
Blimey! If you're offering I'd love to see your setups for the Fiat Abarth...if you have special setups for it that is.

It's fast-ish by default, but it requires quite a lot of tweaks if you're wanting to keep up with the other cars in its class. I did tweak it a lot for the River Severn Valley daily, sadly I crashed pretty early on... but I did manage a WR in a custom event afterwards with a 5:54.2. I only screenshot the basic tweaks when linking it on my vids, but I'll screenshot the whole deal for you in a moment.

the funny thing is i use default for most . :D

use short or long gears.thats all i change.why do you think i ask about detailed guides on car set ups for last 6 months.

Yes I also used default setup most of the time, until I realised that I could go faster if tweaking the car so it became more cooperative. Anyway, the 131 setup for @cjl9 -

http://imgur.com/a/qA3TM

dgeesi0 said:
I need to do that, but Can't bring myself to do it. :( 300+ hours and I don't think I own even half the cars lol. 

gfRally said:
Skroxs said:
Nice, it sort of reminds me of this clip.

https://youtu.be/JG9yfutJ254

There is so many things in that video that would be cool to have in the next DiRT Rally game.  People could be there if they where all like brick walls, unrealistic when you hit them, but would enforce the value of the lives and deter you from hitting them.  It would make for some really tight stages, they would have to be animated though.  

Anyhow, done dreaming/wishing.  Great video!  

Of course @griev0r I have watched that video many many times, it was one of the first artistic videos done for DiRT Rally and really one of the few.  
Thanks man!!

cjl9 said:
KevM said:
versedi said:

It's fast-ish by default, but it requires quite a lot of tweaks if you're wanting to keep up with the other cars in its class. I did tweak it a lot for the River Severn Valley daily, sadly I crashed pretty early on... but I did manage a WR in a custom event afterwards with a 5:54.2. I only screenshot the basic tweaks when linking it on my vids, but I'll screenshot the whole deal for you in a moment.
Thank you, you're a great guy.

Yes I also used default setup most of the time, until I realised that I could go faster if tweaking the car so it became more cooperative. Anyway, the 131 setup for @cjl9 -

Thank you very much!

And, thanks to Porkie's setup, an immediate  PB on Fferm Wynt for my 131 Abarth.

Still slower than Porkie in his Stratos though. Talent and skill will always win.

griev0r said:
I'm VIP! *dance dance* I think we don't need any more VIPs now.
But I spent countless hours making a slow motion video that was posted in a road book!  I want VIP!  Btw, how do you check lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8scNHa9swBs
136 likes no dislikes I helped!  haha

Btw I plan on doing another video once Sweden is released.  Undecided it if should be all slow motion again or a mix, thinking of making it a community effort.  Maybe a mix of my clips and clips from the CM forum members.  Have to pick a song to get started, then I'll probably make a thread for it where you can send me your videos.  Soon..

It does start to drag on a bit though. I immediately recognized the song, and it's a song I do like, but it never really picks up. The editing is quite good though. for music for future videos I suggest
Revolution by Elias
Blu by Mitis
Spectrum (Radio Mix) by Zedd
It really depends on the style/feeling/emotion you want to put into it. If you want a lot of slow motion it's a much different song Vs. a sort of demo reel.

I've been practicing winter wonderland driving on North Idaho mountain roads. 4WD with auto locks is nice...with the push of a button, I have Lancia 037 mode (RWD). Hopefully tomorrow!

Hopefully this is the day when the PC should stay running...and hopefully steam will start download automatically not like with Modern masters ;)

I've been practicing winter wonderland driving on North Idaho mountain roads. 4WD with auto locks is nice...with the push of a button, I have Lancia 037 mode (RWD). Hopefully tomorrow!
LOL, I was in yellowstone/Big Horn mtns area this past summer, rt 14  WOW!  I see why they close roads with snow.

I am thinking Tomorrow.  Pity too, I'm working until 8pm  :(

Tomorow is just the end of the early access, Codies have been always realeased updates on monday, why gonna change today ?