DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Job3k said:
Jepsertti said:
BrySkye said:
Well now you lot can have a little laugh at some of us testers, 'cause the save games from out test version to the release version aren't compatible.
So for any of us that didn't make a backup of our 0.9 saves, and I know of at least one such poor soul, their save is corrupt.
And all of us have to buy the Polo and Hyundai again, so no headstart on upgrades, etc.
Well, sh!t. Now you know two poor souls.
Glad i did save backup before.... :d 

Can you guys shed some light on what was so funky about the pre release sweden? im intrigued...

Slenderman is GONE :D Finally no more punctures every few meters :D I'm more happy about this one thing than about everything else, Sweden included. Seriously :D Play that song xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLJLyneZGKc

I only tested VW Polo in finland but atleast that car still is really puncture prone. The suspension can take hell of a beating but on some of the smaller jumps the rear tyres just pop.

austinb said:
Job3k said:
Jepsertti said:
BrySkye said:
Well now you lot can have a little laugh at some of us testers, 'cause the save games from out test version to the release version aren't compatible.
So for any of us that didn't make a backup of our 0.9 saves, and I know of at least one such poor soul, their save is corrupt.
And all of us have to buy the Polo and Hyundai again, so no headstart on upgrades, etc.
Well, sh!t. Now you know two poor souls.
Glad i did save backup before.... :d 

Can you guys shed some light on what was so funky about the pre release sweden? im intrigued...
It's nothing like that... well, the AI wasn't really done on Sweden so even I could beat the Master AI by over a minute.
How'd you think I got Maximum Attack? :P 

Since the community test was < 20 people, it doesn't really make sense to go to the extra effort to make sure a save from that version is compatible with the final version.
Just par for the course with testing.

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331763518084/dirt-rally-pc-xbox-one-and-playstation-4-q-and-a

Interview with Darren. Basically says there won't be any difference between PC and console, although there will be some new tutorials to guide new players. Both PS4 and Xbox should get 60fps too!
*Additional screaming like a girl*

Weird request, but can anyone tell me if either the Polo or not-i20 have any fictional liveries? I really like the ones for the other modern cars.
The Polo is like the Audi's. Just the one official livery.
The Hyundai has two liveries. The official concept livery and a plain white one. 

Elgsjön or Älgsjön. I'm so confused ;-)

• Body is 1 characters too short.

Anyone else stuck in an office right now?
I'm on the train going in to work now. :tired_face: The updates probably done downloading now, but I won't be home for 10 more hours...

Did they fix the Finland track length info?

dwkGravey said:

I'm on the train going in to work now. :tired_face: The updates probably done downloading now, but I won't be home for 10 more hours...
Ow...                                                                                                              

55 minutes...heck it was going for 2 hours already what's up with my connection.

I've just looked in various pirate trackers and what occured me - the game poped up there before the actual update on Steam...

I'm feeling kind of empty with the EA coming to an end.

As my controller isn't with me, I had a very quick go on the keyboard (no idea how people can do that with any success). The way the snowbanks drag you in if you put the front end into them feels really good! wasn't going fast enough on a keyboard to put the back end in, but I hope that feels good too! You can have some horrendous accidents if you catch the front end in at speed though!

As my controller isn't with me, I had a very quick go on the keyboard (no idea how people can do that with any success). The way the snowbanks drag you in if you put the front end into them feels really good! wasn't going fast enough on a keyboard to put the back end in, but I hope that feels good too! You can have some horrendous accidents if you catch the front end in at speed though!

True! :wink: 

Dytut said:

I love both of those stages!
I'm just messing about. They mean the exact same thing, only one is spelled in old swedish :-)

Dytut said:
Dytut said:

I love both of those stages!
I'm just messing about. They mean the exact same thing, only one is spelled in old swedish :-)
Let's just say they didn't have their Ä's and Ö's right in the test patch. I did a write up for them but they still missed a few things with this release. 

10hs of download, hate to live at the end of the world in the middle of nothing, and it is the fastest internet service in my area, you can laugh at me

I think too many polish players are raging at steam's servers...it was 68KB/s when after switching to czech republic's server I'm back at my full 1.3MB/s, hell yea.

GOD NO! WHOLE UPDATE FROM BEGINNING< WTF

OK...calmed down - gonna copy the content from common/downloading and run game cache integrity..this SHOULD will save me from 8.5 GB of downloading...