DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Yeah, don't Google that in work :)                         

dgeesi0 said:
skyrim legendary edition means all dlc included :p hmmmmm
Yeah, but that  was a compilation released over a year after the initial game. 
More akin to DiRT 3 Complete Edition.

4 months after release is a bit soon to be thinking in such terms.
Assuming it's not an error, it'll probably have some more goodies like liveries (the ones that are exclusive to VIPs & Early Access perhaps?), automatic VIP status, things like that.

At least they aren't doing a silly edition that comes with a car that never sells, becoming a PR flop.

BrySkye said:
dgeesi0 said:

Assuming it's not an error, it'll probably have some more goodies like liveries (the ones that are exclusive to VIPs & Early Access perhaps?), automatic VIP status, things like that.

At least they aren't doing a silly edition that comes with a car that never sells, becoming a PR flop.
Better not, I want to be the only VIP on Xbox one!

BrySkye said:
dgeesi0 said:

The VIP thing is meaningless really. It's just some letters...

...SOME LETTERS THAT I BADLY WANT BESIDE MY NAME WHEN I BUY IT ON PS4.

tbtstt said:
BrySkye said:
dgeesi0 said:

No letters.
Just an awesome shield!

Yes, an awesome shield which i envy from every vip user, please i want that lovely shield in my name  :'(

Its a shield, to protect them from the daily forum sh#t-talk  :D

BrySkye said:
tbtstt said:
BrySkye said:
dgeesi0 said:

No letters.
Just an awesome shield!
MUST. HAVE. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIELLLLLDDDD.

just did a run on Col de Turini sprint en montée, with those new snowbanks, it's so much more fun to drive and u don't need to be scared anymore to hit a snowbank and catapult over the edge. it's much more forgiving now and it gives u more confidence to push harder, that Polo R is a beast in the snow sections of Monte :)

sqdstr said:
just did a run on Col de Turini sprint en montée, with those new snowbanks, it's so much more fun to drive and u don't need to be scared anymore to hit a snowbank and catapult over the edge. it's much more forgiving now and it gives u more confidence to push harder, that Polo R is a beast in the snow sections of Monte :)
I am pretty sure that in monte Carlo we have the same snow banks from the previos betas

they definately aren't the same, I went wide in a corner where normally u'd catapult over the edge and instead snow was flying everywhere and the car behaved exactly like in sweden, except I didn't spun out cause of the wall hidden in the snowbank

That's actually great news.  Col de Turini snow launch ramps killed many a nice car on me....  :)

I have got to remember to test Monte, the devs were trying to implement it, but didn't have time, so i'm wonder if people are just experiencing the flurry/spray effect but not the 'feeling' ?

Yeah, before, the car would have just mounted the snow verge like it was solid, slid along the top & out over to a frosty abyss! 

I havent driven it since V1.0

I have got to remember to test Monte, the devs were trying to implement it, but didn't have time, so i'm wonder if people are just experiencing the flurry/spray effect but not the 'feeling' ?
I just asked Darren directly on Twitter, so we'll see. 

One funny thing I've mentioned on Twitter and privately but not had word about is the official trailer.
Anyone noticed that it heavily features the Computer Vision livery for the Metro 6R4, but it isn't actually in the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jJr-DMLka8

Only scenarios I can think of is that:
  • It's to come in an update in the future.
  • It was going to be in v1 but was pulled at the last second.
  •  or... well... someone made a itty bitty mistake and featured @meerkat80 's modded livery in the official trailer.
    Not his. Different registration number. 
EDIT: The plot thickens! @Evilsmurf just posted a setup for the 6R4 on the workshop, and the thumbnail is indeed the Computer Vision car. 
But it's not a livery I can see in my game for it at all.

...all those name drops... ;)

I shouldn't have just watched it again. It's physically painful how I can't make a video with such creative use of camera angles.

BrySkye said:
One funny thing I've mentioned on Twitter and privately but not had word about is the official trailer.
Anyone noticed that it heavily features the Computer Vision livery for the Metro 6R4, but it isn't actually in the game?

Only scenarios I can think of is that:
  • It's to come in an update in the future.
  • It was going to be in v1 but was pulled at the last second.
  •  or... well... someone made a itty bitty mistake and featured @meerkat80 's modded livery in the official trailer.
    Not his. Different registration number. 
...all those name drops... ;)

I shouldn't have just watched it again. It's physically painful how I can't make a video with such creative use of camera angles.

'Legends'  liveries?  Gossip thread you say?                                           

What do you guys think of the new Hyundai that has been  announced today?
https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/status/674537742966120448
I think they are going to have a hard time fitting three people in it.

Interestingly as i just went through 'organising' my skins other night, i noticed the 6R4 skin/model/mesh etc has issues and Meerkat did what he could with it.  It does lend itself to being updated by codies :)

KevM said:
'Legends'  liveries?  Gossip thread you say?                                           
I don't think so. Just updated the post. It seems the Computer Vision livery is used for the thumbnails in the Steam Workshop for the 6R4, which is very mysterious if we're not going to be getting that for months yet.

I just did a total clean install of the game yesterday, so it shouldn't be just a complication from the downgrade/upgrade processes.
It's looking more like either an error and the livery isn't in the game when it should be, or it had to be pulled at the last minute and certain assets are still in place.

Here's what I've noticed so far:
- Monte Carlo snow banks are definitely different. Not sure if there's more space, but the edges of them seem different than before V1.0
- exhaust flame now often gives a "sun flare", though in this case it should be "flame flare" I suppose, along with leaving a blue flame rather often when on half throttle
- the graphical settings were reset for me when the update got installed. Never happened before
- Polo is beyond OP (aka, it has TORQUE)

BrySkye said:
tbtstt said:
BrySkye said:
dgeesi0 said:

No letters.
Just an awesome shield!
It's definitely a shield ;)

@sqdstr sorry i didnt tried Monte in 1.0 but i remembered Paul saying that they wouldnt be able to make the snow banks realistic for v1.0 in monte, but i didnt know that they finally done it, it was my fault

yes I thought so too, but @Porkhammer said that they did change Monte Carlo snowbanks with this new update

I think I've noticed a difference as well. Not sure though, might also have improved my driving and just be hitting them less.

Honestly, I'm not feeling any difference at Monte. Almost launched up one snow ramp at the start of the league.
Not saying any one is wrong, I'm just not sure. Hopefully can get a definitive answer soon.