DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

No, if what we were told on our visit to codies still applies, disregard Toyota completely
To be fair, that's a somewhat big if now. Things have changed since July, let alone earlier than that.
I still consider it an absolute long shot, don't hold your breath scenario, but the confirmation of the console version has the potential to change quite a few things. Certainly Toyota aren't denying or being difficult with other developers right now and we know there isn't any exclusivity deals involved either.

Anyway, no mistake Ryu, I prefer to the Evo IV to the VI. Had a better livery and made a name for itself in gaming earlier in the original Gran Turismo, V-Rally, Colin McRae Rally and unlockable in the home version of Sega Rally 2, etc. ;)

BrySkye said:
Anyway, no mistake Ryu, I prefer to the Evo IV to the VI. Had a better livery and made a name for itself in gaming earlier in the original Gran Turismo, V-Rally, Colin McRae Rally and unlockable in the home version of Sega Rally 2, etc. ;)
But... but... CMR 2.0  :'(

I'm with @BrySkye on IV over VI, more relevant to the Group A class. Likely a pointless discussion anyway, but maybe we can get a Mitsubishi Charisma instead ;)

BrySkye said:
But... but... CMR 2.0  :'(
I waited for the Dreamcast version of CMR 2.0
Then Codemasters cancelled it.
The Evo IV had already made its mark by then anyway. :P 

With such a positive reaction to DiRT Rally and about 200 000 sales on Steam Codies are making a really good move by bringing it to consoles.

If I read it correctly the recent co-publishing deal means that an investment will made into porting the PC DiRT Rally to PS4 XBOne. I suspect that investment will mean some new features, locations and cars.

Codies have laid out their plans for Early Access and stuck to them. Now, the DiRT team, with company's backing and funds can make it even better.

That's what I think this Legend edition will be. I think that the current owners of DiRT Rally on Steam will see their game grow when it launches on consoles in April 2016 :)

versedi said:
urgaffel said:
As Paul said, the banks haven't been changed but I updated the vfx for all types of snow so it looks better. It was a case of work done for the Swedish tracks improving the look of all snow in the game.

And yes, different car classes now have different exhaust flames :)

See my avatar for an example of snow in Col De Turini ;)
I knew it yesterday but decided that I have a placebo caused by changed graphic settings and will not post about it :D Great job, it feels alot better in Monte!
Good to hear. I updated the ice vfx as well to make it a bit clearer compared to before. There's lots of little tweaks and enhancements across the board, like the dust in Greece should look more dusty when you're going sideways. I think Finland might have gotten a boost in the dust department as well but I'm not sure :D

urgaffel said:
As Paul said, the banks haven't been changed but I updated the vfx for all types of snow so it looks better. It was a case of work done for the Swedish tracks improving the look of all snow in the game. 

And yes, different car classes now have different exhaust flames :)
Those were my initial thoughts, that the snow improvement done for Sweden had  a small affect on the snow in Monte Carlo.

And loving the blue flame effect on the '01 Focus after exhausts pops a flame :D Looks amazing, much appreciate that :)
It shouldn't be a small effect, it should be a lot more noticeable when you're on the banks now! Check out the exhaust flames on hill climb cars/Group B, and definitely check them out at night ;)

urgaffel said:
It shouldn't be a small effect, it should be a lot more noticeable when you're on the banks now! Check out the exhaust flames on hill climb cars/Group B, and definitely check them out at night ;)
I meant it affected in a small way (as in only graphically, not physically), not that the visual effect is small ;)

Exhaust effects are just cumtastic :D The "exhaust flare" noticeable especially at afternoon, at night it looks like a flamethrower, and the blue after glow/flame is just "cool" in all possible ways... well, maybe not all, as it's still a flame xD With HillClimb it's kind of hard to notice, since I'm a Quattro junkie there and... it has exhaust on the side :D 

urgaffel said:
I meant it affected in a small way (as in only graphically, not physically), not that the visual effect is small ;)

Exhaust effects are just cumtastic :D The "exhaust flare" noticeable especially at afternoon, at night it looks like a flamethrower, and the blue after glow/flame is just "cool" in all possible ways... well, maybe not all, as it's still a flame xD With HillClimb it's kind of hard to notice, since I'm a Quattro junkie there and... it has exhaust on the side :D 
Replay cameras :tongue:

(Try the Peugeot)

With such a positive reaction to DiRT Rally and about 200 000 sales on Steam Codies are making a really good move by bringing it to consoles.

If I read it correctly the recent co-publishing deal means that an investment will made into porting the PC DiRT Rally to PS4 XBOne. I suspect that investment will mean some new features, locations and cars.

Codies have laid out their plans for Early Access and stuck to them. Now, the DiRT team, with company's backing and funds can make it even better.

That's what I think this Legend edition will be. I think that the current owners of DiRT Rally on Steam will see their game grow when it launches on consoles in April 2016 :)
I think we need another visit to Codies HQ to make sure progress is going well on the console version ;)

I think we need another visit to Codies HQ to make sure progress is going well on the console version ;)
I could manage that

I think that 200000 is a really good number, in comparison to the 250000 sales that pCars and AC have, and Dirt was in EA, i think DR will beat them

urgaffel said:
Replay cameras :tongue: 

(Try the Peugeot)
Meh, Peugeot has a strange exhaust pipe. Looks like a teeny weeny fella sticking out of a flat butt xD

Is that all pcars and AC have on steam? Thought it would be more
Project CARS: 295,726 ± 13,303
Assetto Corsa: 282,070 ± 12,993
DiRT Rally (before the full release): 194,482 ± 10,790

Just for comparison purposes:
F1 2015: 53,997 ± 5,687

Interesting. Do a lot of people not buy in to early access and wait for full release? Or would most people have already bought dirt?

Azoresst said:
Is that all pcars and AC have on steam? Thought it would be more
Project CARS: 295,726 ± 13,303
Assetto Corsa: 282,070 ± 12,993
DiRT Rally (before the full release): 194,482 ± 10,790

Just for comparison purposes:
F1 2015: 53,997 ± 5,687
To be honest, from that graph pCARS looks like the best seller. And I don't mean pure numbers. It's the fact that those that bought into Early Access are counted in the sales of AC and DR, while pCARS don't. Some perk levels of EA gave a full version of the game, but the amount of those was a lot lower than the amount of Early Access that were sold for other two games.

But at the end those are just numbers. They don't show how much the game costs, which versions were bought etc. so they aren't even remotely accurate when looking at how much they earned.

This may well be the best post in the thread. 

tbtstt said:

Have you actually even touched the game yet?

I'm with @BrySkye on IV over VI, more relevant to the Group A class. Likely a pointless discussion anyway, but maybe we can get a Mitsubishi Charisma instead ;)
I'd rather see the III, it's a more direct competitor to the other 3 gr. A cars

JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:

Have you actually even touched the game yet?
In the last couple of months, no. :( I last played it just prior to the release of the World Rallycross content and the most play time I've had with it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in October last year at Codemasters...

...hopefully you can see why I'm desperate to play it again!

Interesting. Do a lot of people not buy in to early access and wait for full release? Or would most people have already bought dirt?
I would say that the number won't grow much more for DR. The game was on the top 10 sales from Steam during 2 days, but that's it. I suspect that some people are waiting for a "big discount" from steam sales but I bet that will take a while until that happens. Lets wait and see (and hope that the game sells more)! :wink:

Edit: DiRT Rally is currently at 15th position on Steam top sellers, lets wait for steam spy to update and see how much it sold after release! :smiley: 

sqdstr said:
I can live with that. The IV is a touch more refined and the definition of Evo in my mind, but the III isn't a million miles away.
Both got the more distinctive white/grey/red/black livery.

BrySkye said:
sqdstr said:
I can live with that. The IV is a touch more refined and the definition of Evo in my mind, but the III isn't a million miles away.
Both got the more distinctive white/grey/red/black livery.
Being a youngun (I'm miserable I know) the only evo I remember was the VIII, which according to what I saw in 2004, was not good.. at all.

FloatingGrass said:
Being a youngun (I'm miserable I know) the only evo I remember was the VIII, which according to what I saw in 2004, was not good.. at all.
Hey, we all have to start somewhere ;) When I realised that Rally exist, it was the 2000 season (I was 8 years old at that point). Funnily enough, my 2nd game on PSX was CMR 2.0. Even more funnily enough, while at that point I didn't realised it, the game had 5 of my favourite rally cars of all time. My favourite Focus (2000 Martini), Peugeot (206 Esso), Evo (VI Tommi Makinen), Toyota (Corolla Castrol) and the "22B Impreza" :D Unfortunately only Quattro E2 was missing from a basically perfect rally car list for me.
I did play CMR1 after that, and I was like "Oh, Impreza... ehh, not the cool one, OH, Evo... meh, not the cool one". Then I finished and there was the Quattro E2 and I was like "ermagerd this is so cool". Seems like the last one stuck with me.

And of course, CMR 2.0 had... Ford Puma :D 

@RyuMakkuro Impreza "not the cool one" how can you say that, all Subarus are cool and great and have complicated numbers ;)