DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

gfRally said:
@RyuMakkuro Impreza "not the cool one" how can you say that, all Subarus are cool and great and have complicated numbers ;) 

I was 8 years old back then :p Now I call it "oh, not the best looking one" xD

urgaffel said:
versedi said:
urgaffel said:
As Paul said, the banks haven't been changed but I updated the vfx for all types of snow so it looks better. It was a case of work done for the Swedish tracks improving the look of all snow in the game.

And yes, different car classes now have different exhaust flames :)

See my avatar for an example of snow in Col De Turini ;)
I knew it yesterday but decided that I have a placebo caused by changed graphic settings and will not post about it :D Great job, it feels alot better in Monte!
Good to hear. I updated the ice vfx as well to make it a bit clearer compared to before. There's lots of little tweaks and enhancements across the board, like the dust in Greece should look more dusty when you're going sideways. I think Finland might have gotten a boost in the dust department as well but I'm not sure :D

urgaffel said:
As Paul said, the banks haven't been changed but I updated the vfx for all types of snow so it looks better. It was a case of work done for the Swedish tracks improving the look of all snow in the game. 

And yes, different car classes now have different exhaust flames :)
Those were my initial thoughts, that the snow improvement done for Sweden had  a small affect on the snow in Monte Carlo.

And loving the blue flame effect on the '01 Focus after exhausts pops a flame :D Looks amazing, much appreciate that :)
It shouldn't be a small effect, it should be a lot more noticeable when you're on the banks now! Check out the exhaust flames on hill climb cars/Group B, and definitely check them out at night ;)
All these tweaks should be included in the notes! Me wantz to knowz! ;)

tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
With such a positive reaction to DiRT Rally and about 200 000 sales on Steam Codies are making a really good move by bringing it to consoles.

If I read it correctly the recent co-publishing deal means that an investment will made into porting the PC DiRT Rally to PS4 XBOne. I suspect that investment will mean some new features, locations and cars.

Codies have laid out their plans for Early Access and stuck to them. Now, the DiRT team, with company's backing and funds can make it even better.

That's what I think this Legend edition will be. I think that the current owners of DiRT Rally on Steam will see their game grow when it launches on consoles in April 2016 :)
I think we need another visit to Codies HQ to make sure progress is going well on the console version ;)
This may well be the best post in the thread. 
Have you actually even touched the game yet?
In the last couple of months, no. :( I last played it just prior to the release of the World Rallycross content and the most play time I've had with it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in October last year at Codemasters...

...hopefully you can see why I'm desperate to play it again!
Well, they keep mentioning you on console release, so I guess there's that. Maybe you'll get VIP status.

bogani said:
All these tweaks should be included in the notes! Me wantz to knowz! ;)
Agree. I don't really mind if the changelog document is 14 pages long, like in case of patch 1.10 for Witcher 3 (600 improvements, took 14 pages to write them all out in PDF). It's nice to know what was changed, improved, fixed, etc. Even though noticing things is nice, but sometimes you think you fixed something... while you didn't. We can read it, see if it was fixed, point it out and things get done faster, instead of there being the "Y U NO FIX THIS BUG" type of comments ;)

JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
In the last couple of months, no. :( I last played it just prior to the release of the World Rallycross content and the most play time I've had with it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in October last year at Codemasters...

Well, they keep mentioning you on console release, so I guess there's that. Maybe you'll get VIP status.
Don't really think there would be a maybe to that.
Everyone that got called up to visit Codemasters and play the game months before it was announced was always going to be a VIP, and rightly so.
It's hard to really think what could better qualify someone for the shield..
That much was talked about way back in July.
Come to think of it, I think everyone that visited Codemasters is in the credits. I can check that and post a screen if you want @tbtstt 

BrySkye said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:

Everyone that got called up to visit Codemasters and play the game months before it was announced was always going to be a VIP, and rightly so.
Come to think of it, I think everyone that visited Codemasters is in the credits. I can check that and post a screen if you want @tbtstt 

Just as long as he's the only VIP on PS4. That's really all that matters.

BrySkye said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:

I believe I am in the credits! To be honest the other guys who were at Codemasters with me have put a lot more in than I did, as they have been helping since that day: they have all earned those VIP badges. As much as I wanted to help, I didn't have a decent enough computer to join them!

Fingers crossed the same credits will be ported to the PS4 and there might be a chance to earn the VIP on the consoles. At this stage - and after posting about it so much - I just can't wait to take a rallycross Supercar round Lydden: I only got to drive round it with a WRC on the day at Codemasters!

urgaffel said:

Trying to turn around in monte carlo after a spin.

More like...

That... doesn't look like a screenshot obtainable through normal means.
I suspect the dev build hacks/tools, getting the camera way down there over the edge.
WHY DO YOU LOT KEEP TAUNTING MEEEEE

@urgaffel Would it be possible to fix the shadows that pierce through the dust smoke? Mainly noticeable on Greece when you can see the back of the car. The shadows that are created by making the dust particles (at least that's what it seems to be) pierce through the dust clouds and make a rather strange view.

It's probably just the way engine does things and can't be really "fixed" but always worth asking ;)

BrySkye said:
urgaffel said:

Trying to turn around in monte carlo after a spin.

More like...

I suspect the dev build hacks/tools, getting the camera way down there over the edge.
What, you mean you can't just hit backspace and fly around in the game? I can do that, no idea why you can't... Oh wait.

(I'm sorry, please don't hate me)
@urgaffel Would it be possible to fix the shadows that pierce through the dust smoke? Mainly noticeable on Greece when you can see the back of the car. The shadows that are created by making the dust particles (at least that's what it seems to be) pierce through the dust clouds and make a rather strange view.

It's probably just the way engine does things and can't be really "fixed" but always worth asking ;)
It's a render order problem; dust from the front wheels is being rendered in front of the dust from the rear wheels. It's extremely unlikely that it will get fixed :( :( :(

urgaffel said:
BrySkye said:
What, you mean you can't just hit backspace and fly around in the game? I can do that, no idea why you can't... Oh wait.

(I'm sorry, please don't hate me)
Heh... heh... no... of course I don't hate you...

*left eye twitches*

urgaffel said:

It's a render order problem; dust from the front wheels is being rendered in front of the dust from the rear wheels. It's extremely unlikely that it will get fixed :( :( :(
Thought something like that was the case. Well at least there's a hope it will be noted when working on a new engine ;)

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier...

I just had a look at the announcement of the Legend Edition. On the Amazon site, they say the game has more than 40 cars. Count is 39 right now, so it seems indeed that there will be new content.

YoMrWhite said:

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier...

I just had a look at the announcement of the Legend Edition. On the Amazon site, they say the game has more than 40 cars. Count is 39 right now, so it seems indeed that there will be new content.

Quattro E2!!! *runs around waving his hands like an idiot*

*ekhem* Yes, indeed. All the clues so far point that we will be getting additional content before or at least on the console launch.

I wouldn't put too much trust into pre order descriptions, they are often wrong. But if the Amazon one also has a 'legend edition' then I guess there probably will be some kind of pre order bonus

Amazon reliably first broke the news of the Polo, remember!

If I was in Codemasters marketing dept (or that new crowd that are distributing), Id be working closely with the big hitters such as Amazon.  Id say they are bang on the money with direct first-hand information!

Safe to deduce that there will be more cars and more liveries in the Legends pack!  :)

I wouldn't put too much trust into pre order descriptions, they are often wrong. But if the Amazon one also has a 'legend edition' then I guess there probably will be some kind of pre order bonus
Depends if it's corrected, 'cause its obviously a potential legal problem to advertise things incorrectly.
I wouldn't say they are 'often' wrong in terms of game content, since that tends to be sourced from material sent to them from devs and publishers.
DiRT Rally is a bit of an odd one as well. The game is finished and there will be a very clear internal roadmap for the console release.
There's probably going to be less uncertainty moving forward than there has been during EA.
I mean, the box art is definitely correct, and that's appeared 5 months before the physical release and definitely came from a retailers package Codies have put together.