DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

urgaffel said:
More like...

BrySkye said:
 That... doesn't look like a screenshot obtainable through normal means.
I suspect the dev build hacks/tools, getting the camera way down there over the edge.
WHY DO YOU LOT KEEP TAUNTING MEEEEE
I would just like to point out that my suffering has, in fact, elicited a more entertained response than the screenshot of a Fiesta launching like a rocket off of a cliff in Monte.
I'll say that again, a Fiesta launching like a rocket off of a cliff in Monte.

You are all awful, awful people. :'(

BrySkye said:
urgaffel said:
More like...

BrySkye said:
I suspect the dev build hacks/tools, getting the camera way down there over the edge.
I would just like to point out that my suffering has, in fact, elicited a more entertained response than the screenshot of a Fiesta launching like a rocket off of a cliff in Monte.

Maybe, just maybe these tools are being worked on internally and will be released to us in the future?

Maybe, just maybe these tools are being worked on internally and will be released to us in the future?
Oh, don't encourage me. My poor heart can only take so much.
I think the devs are starting to have too much fun teasing about it anyway.

...If there were integrated though...

...Well...

*ahem*

First reviews on DiRT Rally in. Average of 90% so far with 4 reviews :)
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dirt-rally

BrySkye said:
urgaffel said:
More like...

BrySkye said:

Oh don't get me started again about custom cameras!  :weary: 

TPJP said:
First reviews on DiRT Rally in. Average of 90% so far with 4 reviews :)
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dirt-rally

Looking good so far, I've been waiting for them to come in, it will be interesting to see how it does. So far the 4 websites that reviewed it have clearly seen the aim of it, I wonder what will happen when some of the bigger names get hold of it?

I see on Amazon site in Italy it says Dirt Rally legend edition, day one edition 

http://www.amazon.it/DiRT-Rally-Edition-Day-One-Limited/dp/B0195CTRN4
Comes with DLC mini pack 1071s mini
And 99min documentary on Colin Mcrae. 

Let's hope for Rs legacy that Colin drove in British championship.  :)

"Codemasters has delivered what's quite simply its finest driving game to date."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-14-dirt-rally-review

"Codemasters has delivered what's quite simply its finest driving game to date."
I agree 100% - no other game is as rewarding to crack!

I agree with some of his concerns at the end of the article, but it does not feel unfinished.  The menus are simple and get you neatly from A to B fairly quick.  One thing I fail to understand at all is the lack of mentioning he car sounds!??  Oh well, glad they praised it for everything else, generating more sales, and sending a loud message to those in charge at Codies. 

BrySkye said:
BrySkye said:
Anyway, no mistake Ryu, I prefer to the Evo IV to the VI. Had a better livery and made a name for itself in gaming earlier in the original Gran Turismo, V-Rally, Colin McRae Rally and unlockable in the home version of Sega Rally 2, etc. ;)
But... but... CMR 2.0  :'(
I waited for the Dreamcast version of CMR 2.0
Then Codemasters cancelled it.
The Evo IV had already made its mark by then anyway. :P 
Hey, I worked on the Dreamcast version of CMR 2.0, then Codemasters cancelled it!

Code the VMU management screen they said, it'll be fun they said...

KevM said:
I agree 100% - no other game is as rewarding to crack!
Seriously Kev, give it a rest.

I didn't mean that in 'coding-geek' jargon or whatever you've taken from it lol. Change crack to nail or master or whatever.

String a series of jumps together in Finland without a roll, or weave through Wales sideways in an M3 without smashing the car, get a top ten time and there's no greater gaming sense of achievement.  It doesn't get much better!  I can't get enough of it!!

I saw Gheed and Porkhammer VIP badges disappearing, than they disappeared from the leaderboards, and now they are back. What was going on? For a moment I thought something serious happend. 
It seems that those badges are saved in the leaderboards when the result is uploaded. So old results don't have the badge, but new results do.
At least that's what I think I've been seeing, can't recall spotting their names in the Sweden leaderboards (recent submissions from after they received VIP status) without the VIP badge.

yes i think its when new results are upped. i dont think some top times i had show my vip but new ones do.

Sort of DiRTy Gossip...

...actually, no it's not, it's just a shameless plug really. Although I haven't managed to play any rallycross on DiRT Rally, I have managed to watch quite a bit this year (along with some other stuff) so I've put a little blog together: 

http://fueltopia.co.uk/profiles/blog/rear-view-mirror-2015

Might kill 5 minutes if you are bored!

Areyouben said:
I think he is just talking about an article/review on DR from him after Andrew congratulated Paul and the team.
Damn. I jumped the wagon. I want gossip ;)

So we know there will be new tutorials on the console version, I was wondering if there could be some introduction to rallycross style video?

So we know there will be new tutorials on the console version, I was wondering if there could be some introduction to rallycross style video?
I would love the rally location introduction videos that were in CMR 2.0. They really put you into the mood of the location more.

I think some of the features need a little more explanation, as some new comers probably won't understand some of the stuff. I've got two friends who will be getting it with me on Xbox one and I know I'm going to have to explain a fair amount of it to them!

I would love the rally location introduction videos that were in CMR 2.0. They really put you into the mood of the location more.
Nothing like the energetic enthusiasm of Nicky Grist's monotonous drone to get you pumped up for an event :P