DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Sorry, i wasn't thinking that way, just that they were working hard last week on stuff, just hoping :)
Honestly, I don't think it's going to make too much, if any, difference to people using the English co-driver and pacenotes anyway. 
I really don't think it'll have any new content in it as of yet.

Yeah, wasn't expecting any new content, just the bug fixes, little things, although my biggest issue right now is the racenet/steam connectivity dropping in the game, but only selectively :(

Metacritic scoreis now at 87 after another 4 reviews. I'm really happy that all these reviewers are really seeing the point of the game, and not getting upset because its not dirt 4

Yeah, that's the risk with something like this.  The 'dudebro' arcaders may not 'get it', & others may not spend the time needed to get the feel of it, but here's hoping.  

DiRT Rally, to put it simple, is a game-changer!  Immense!!

Nice to see DiRT Rally receiving praise from the motoring press as well; very positive review from Evo magazine:

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/15985/dirt-rally-review-the-best-rally-game-ever

Completely agree with Empty Box's video here, especially it being because of the number of Rally, RX and Hill Climb courses that the game has a lack of replay value and in turn for me personally is the reason that I don't put hundreds of hours into the game purely because I don't want to 'know' each and every stage.

As I've said earlier in another thread, DiRT Rally has put Codemasters back on the map. People, both consumer and press, know now that Codemasters is able to create a real and pure Rally game. Besides the good reception I hope financially the game is satisfactory enough for it to have a future, be it as expansion packs or a new and bigger game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk3Qc6KQ3YM

Has this been here already? If not then this is on the Steam Workshop's list

Edit: Never mind, it's the rallycross version, lol

This thread messed up by KevM's profile picture for anyone else or just me?
Yes on mobile site I switched to full site and it fixed it, now I have to squint or scroll

So, just read a Swedish sites review of DR and the author stated this.

"When I've heard Codemasters gathered a talented team that includes people that's worked on iRacing and Richard Burns Rally, I started sweating heavily."

Hmmm, did he just pull this straight from his behind or is there any truth to this?

Think how I feel, I have to squint really hard through these bars to read the forum.  Foods better than I thought though!

:D 

bogani said:

"When I've heard Codemasters gathered a talented team that includes people that's worked on iRacing and Richard Burns Rally, I started sweating heavily."

Hmmm, did he just pull this straight from his behind or is there any truth to this?
He might well have heard it because those rumours definitely went around.

No truth to them though. IIRC, that was asked on one of the DiRT Shows.
Y'see, the people at Codies are obviously incapable of making something like DiRT Rally themselves, so they had to get other people in to do it for them.
That's the theory.

BrySkye said:
bogani said:

Y'see, the people at Codies are obviously incapable of making something like DiRT Rally themselves, so they had to get other people in to do it for them.
That's the theory.

Yeah - we interviewed a producer who had worked on RBR back in the day but he didn't make the cut in the end. Interestingly he spoke about the ethos that they had when they were making RBR and it very closely matched the one that we had when making DiRT Rally.

I guess based on previous form you can see why people may think that we needed to get people who have made successful sims to help us but in reality we got people who were unproven but had the passion and the drive to make a difference.

It seems to have paid off ;)

KickUp said:

in reality we got people who were unproven but had the passion and the drive to make a difference.

Yeah, it took me about 15 minutes to realise that back in February. :)

KickUp said:
BrySkye said:
bogani said:

That's the theory.

Yeah - we interviewed a producer who had worked on RBR back in the day but he didn't make the cut in the end. Interestingly he spoke about the ethos that they had when they were making RBR and it very closely matched the one that we had when making DiRT Rally.

I guess based on previous form you can see why people may think that we needed to get people who have made successful sims to help us but in reality we got people who were unproven but had the passion and the drive to make a difference.

Ahh. Ok. What about former iRacing enployees? ;)

So, the author of the Swedish review ends his article with that the game does lack a bit of content but that it will improve as Codemasters will release monthly DLC. I asked him if the review was based on the EA version of the game or 1.0, as I thought he mixed things up. There have been no word about possible DLC after EA, I said. He clearly states that the review is based on 1.0 and that Codemasters have said there will be monthly DLC after EA. I again said that he must be thinking of the monthly releases within EA. His simple answer was "We'll see ;)"

Gossip or not? You decide.

bogani said:
So, the author of the Swedish review ends his article with that the game does lack a bit of content but that it will improve as Codemasters will release monthly DLC. I asked him if the review was based on the EA version of the game or 1.0, as I thought he mixed things up. There have been no word about possible DLC after EA, I said. He clearly states that the review is based on 1.0 and that Codemasters have said there will be monthly DLC after EA. I again said that he must be thinking of the monthly releases within EA. His simple answer was "We'll see ;)"

Gossip or not? You decide.
Never trust a Klingon! 

@bogani - That's *very* interesting, and explains why people are still busy at Codies, outside of them all working on bugs and the console ports etc.