DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

bogani said:
So, the author of the Swedish review ends his article with that the game does lack a bit of content but that it will improve as Codemasters will release monthly DLC. I asked him if the review was based on the EA version of the game or 1.0, as I thought he mixed things up. There have been no word about possible DLC after EA, I said. He clearly states that the review is based on 1.0 and that Codemasters have said there will be monthly DLC after EA. I again said that he must be thinking of the monthly releases within EA. His simple answer was "We'll see ;)"

Gossip or not? You decide.
We shall wait for the next DiRT show and see, but a monthly DLC seems pretty ambitious or it won't be big as the EA packs.

bogani said:
So, the author of the Swedish review ends his article with that the game does lack a bit of content but that it will improve as Codemasters will release monthly DLC. I asked him if the review was based on the EA version of the game or 1.0, as I thought he mixed things up. There have been no word about possible DLC after EA, I said. He clearly states that the review is based on 1.0 and that Codemasters have said there will be monthly DLC after EA. I again said that he must be thinking of the monthly releases within EA. His simple answer was "We'll see ;)"

Gossip or not? You decide.
Looks @KickUp

I am not guessing here or saying something should happen, just throwing out some facts.

Remember that DiRT Team have a large collection of reference material of places from their previous DiRT games.  Just let your mind run wild at all the places they have been to.  We also know that they reuse assets from previous titles, so they aren't starting from a blank paper to build these. 

We don't know much of anything other than a car or two will be coming along at some point, and there is some sort of Legends version, whatever that will be, we don't have much.  

Whatever they feel makes most sense for marketing and sales, if that means more stages to the places we have, or new places based on previous material (which sounds good for marketing).  

Again I am not saying they should or will do anything further, its all just stuff to think about.

At some point they will need to start working on the next title.  

We do know that there are more cars coming at some point.  We also know that the success of  EA means that the scope has most likely been expanded a little.

Whilst i think monthly DLC is a stretch, i do think we'll get something between now and April.

Agreed. Monthly DLC seems too good to be true, but it still would make sense adding as much as possible between now and the console release. 

I'm not sure about monthly DLC, I believe a new content will be releasing at least once in 2-3 months. 

But monthly it will be a great idea to see some new features and improvements: new physics, new damage model (broken suspesion ftw), adding mudflaps, new cameras etc. Liitle things which makes a game better.

dgeesi0 said:
hmmm gymkhana anyone ?  :D my body is my own and im 6ft 7
I'd like to see @KickUp announce a gymkhana add on, purely to see how much Twitter and the forum would go into melt down! :smiley: 

Having said that I still think a rally school or Battersea like area would be a good addition purely to allow you to play with the cars and car settings. 

Dytut said:
Some form of rally school is confirmed for console release, isn't it?
It is?! I know they have made mention of breaking console players in to the experience (which I guess would be best done with a rally school), but I didn't know if that had been officially confirmed?...

...I seriously cannot wait for the console release!

tbtstt said:
Dytut said:
Some form of rally school is confirmed for console release, isn't it?
It is?! I know they have made mention of breaking console players in to the experience (which I guess would be best done with a rally school), but I didn't know if that had been officially confirmed?...

...I seriously cannot wait for the console release!
I'm not sure to be quite honest. I think I read something that at least stronly implied it, but I might've been overexcited and hopeful when reading :-)

Only thing I read was something about some tutorials, but nothing like the RBR step by step rally school. Maybe they'll include  a tutorial like the pacenotes article that went up the blog early on.

No rally school, this:

"For fresh players, we've developed a detailed set of tutorial videos that cover all aspects of driving a rally car. We want to teach players how to handle our cars, rather than making things easier."

- Red Bull interview 

Yeah the red bull interview with Darren told us about the new tutorials.

With regards to DLC, we know that Barcelona RX is fairly likely as they collected reference material. Stages closer to home are also more likely than ones further away, but would they do a DLC which adds stages to already existing locations? It would still be good, I just feel that it doesn't sound as good on the sales front. For example a rally Spain DLC sounds better than a Wales DLC as we already have Wales and that would probably confuse people

Yeah the red bull interview with Darren told us about the new tutorials.

With regards to DLC, we know that Barcelona RX is fairly likely as they collected reference material. Stages closer to home are also more likely than ones further away, but would they do a DLC which adds stages to already existing locations? It would still be good, I just feel that it doesn't sound as good on the sales front. For example a rally Spain DLC sounds better than a Wales DLC as we already have Wales and that would probably confuse people
According to Paul tweets is very likely (or at least they were looking into it) to have more Wales stages then new locations.

I would really like a new Wales stage, especially since I spend most of my life standing or driving through Welsh forests, but I would prefer to see somewhere new.

a new wales stage.more wales stageS !

new tracks would be great the price will obviously play a big part on dlc if it happens.

hopefully some of these dlc rumors are cleared up soon.

With the console release incoming and the new partnership, maybe they got more resources and a green light to develop as much as they can content wise before and after console launch? 

gfRally said:
No rally school, this:

"For fresh players, we've developed a detailed set of tutorial videos that cover all aspects of driving a rally car. We want to teach players how to handle our cars, rather than making things easier."

- Red Bull interview 
Yes this is what we have confirmed so far, however there
could still be a good chance an actual gameplay section that follows on from those videos will be added.
A "Now try and have a go for yourself" type thing, perhaps on a new rally school style location/ test area.

The devs, seemed very interested in doing such a thing in the first months of EA and were asking whether such a feature would be preferred to a re-do of the replay system if i recall.

gfRally said:
No rally school, this:

- Red Bull interview 

Ah, that's it: I knew I had read something about tutorials! 

More rallycross tracks would be great, especially if they focus on the permanent World Rallycross tracks rather than the temporary ones. Would be amazing to see Loheac in game and, although its a recent addition to the Championship, Mettet would be good as well (though turn one at Mettet is likely to be utter carnage online!).

I think lots more Rally X content is a safe enough bet after the Official Partnership.  I dont know if it would ever warrant a stand-alone release, but it, along with Pikes Peak, definitely adds a much broader audience appeal to DiRT:Rally