DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

bogani said:
With the console release incoming and the new partnership, maybe they got more resources and a green light to develop as much as they can content wise before and after console launch? 
who says that its codemasters doing the console release ? they could be just doing dlc and someone else the console porting.

arrrrrrrrrrrr rumors :D

@KevM can you change your profile pic please, i cant read ánything when you post something  :D
I would, but don't have a key...  

(i have started digging a tunnel in the corner, behind the poster of McRae's Impreza, but don't tell the screws)  lol

KevM said:
@KevM can you change your profile pic please, i cant read ánything when you post something  :D
I would, but don't have a key...  

(i have started digging a tunnel in the corner, behind the poster of McRae's Impreza, but don't tell the screws)  lol
LOL , keep digging, stay strong dude :D

did I just read some gossip about monthly DLCs coming up in the future ? 

Would be awesome but highly unlikely 4 me. 

Give us at least Rally Corsica DLC at some point  :p 

bogani said:
So, just read a Swedish sites review of DR and the author stated this.

"When I've heard Codemasters gathered a talented team that includes people that's worked on iRacing and Richard Burns Rally, I started sweating heavily."

Hmmm, did he just pull this straight from his behind or is there any truth to this?
I'm pretty sure @KickUp answered that question on DiRT Show.
He said that there was no developer that was particularly involved in working also on RBR development, but they've discussed some things with RBR's dev in the very early state.

I wouldn't be suprised by additional RX track before console release - Barcelona to be specific. I'm neautral about this cause I don't play rallycross anyway.

Some new liveries seem very, very likely as we still have blanks on 1st and 2nds places on some cars (i.e. mentioned earlier S4).

What I would be most happy about would be additional Wales stage. Man, that would be so awesome to have like 16 stages event where in championship you have only 12 stages - you almost never drive the same set of stages. Besides that Wales is the BEST location in the game and obviously would take less budget to create, but there's the second side of the coin - marketing which was mentioned by @gfRally This is basically choosing between trying to expand the reach or making the current players more happy and more "loyal".

What seems very mystery for me is the Legendary Edition.
The name would make us think that there will be added some legendary things. What can be legendary in Rallying/RX/Pikes Peak that's not already in the game? It doesn't seem like it will be a stage/track. For me more probably that it'll be some additional cars / legendary liveries that we're missing.

versedi said:
bogani said:
So, just read a Swedish sites review of DR and the author stated this.

"When I've heard Codemasters gathered a talented team that includes people that's worked on iRacing and Richard Burns Rally, I started sweating heavily."

Hmmm, did he just pull this straight from his behind or is there any truth to this?
I'm pretty sure @KickUp answered that question on DiRT Show.
He said that there was no developer that was particularly involved in working also on RBR development, but they've discussed some things with RBR's dev in the very early state.

I wouldn't be suprised by additional RX track before console release - Barcelona to be specific. I'm neautral about this cause I don't play rallycross anyway.

Some new liveries seem very, very likely as we still have blanks on 1st and 2nds places on some cars (i.e. mentioned earlier S4).

What I would be most happy about would be additional Wales stage. Man, that would be so awesome to have like 16 stages event where in championship you have only 12 stages - you almost never drive the same set of stages. Besides that Wales is the BEST location in the game and obviously would take less budget to create, but there's the second side of the coin - marketing which was mentioned by @gfRally This is basically choosing between trying to expand the reach or making the current players more happy and more "loyal".

What seems very mystery for me is the Legendary Edition.
The name would make us think that there will be added some legendary things. What can be legendary in Rallying/RX/Pikes Peak that's not already in the game? It doesn't seem like it will be a stage/track. For me more probably that it'll be some additional cars / legendary liveries that we're missing.

The Subaru Impreza WRC 97/98! ;)

Wasn't there an amazon italy description that mentioned a 99 min Colin McRae documentary? Because McRae was pretty legendary if I remember rightly!

And as for the console port, I assume part of it is being done by the new partnership with Koch Media?

Such gossip, much speculate 

"Monster" Tajima is legendary in the hill climb discipline, so either his Escudo or SX4 could be contenders?
(they already have one of his SX4's modelled from DIRT3)

Personally my dream would be for codies to take a trip to New Zealand.
-Collect info for (arguably) the most stunning cambered rally stages in the world.
-Visit the "Race to the sky" hillclimb venue and add some all gravel variation to the hillclimb section.

I know its the furthest possible place to visit, but its 2 venues for one trip!! please! :)

gfRally said:
One "legendary" place is full gravel Pikes Peak.  
And it's been basically confirmed to come at some point.

If there would be any additional rally to come, Kenya aka Safari rally seems the most probable tbh. It's by far the most requested one and it appeared in DiRT 3 in more than one form (trailblazer and rally) which means they should have a lot of reference materials. I personally would like to see Australia and San Remo the most, but that's just me.

The missing Renaults are always possible to come in some time, along with the liveries that @BrySkye pointed out. And naturally, the most important of all, the Audi Quattro E2 :D 

gfRally said:

If there would be any additional rally to come, Kenya aka Safari rally seems the most probable tbh. It's by far the most requested one and it appeared in DiRT 3 in more than one form (trailblazer and rally) which means they should have a lot of reference materials. I personally would like to see Australia and San Remo the most, but that's just me.

The missing Renaults are always possible to come in some time, along with the liveries that @BrySkye pointed out. And naturally, the most important of all, the Audi Quattro E2 :D 
Its possible, but do they have everything they need from the D3 reference material? As D3 weren't real stages, they just had some features of real stages. So to recreate a real stage they might not have everything they need

gfRally said:

Its possible, but do they have everything they need from the D3 reference material? As D3 weren't real stages, they just had some features of real stages. So to recreate a real stage they might not have everything they need
Kenya/Safari with 7-8 minute stages just doesn't do it for me. It's all about endurance imo.

gfRally said:

Just pointed they have some reference materials, not everything ready ;)

If a Safari Rally would be done, IMHO it would have to be done right.  

Lots of dust and MUDDY water crossings.  

Cars would need proper gear, if you can call it that:

And of course the Datsun 240z that was so famous in the Safari rally way back.

The bar is just been set too high in the current DR graphics  and environment to have less.  So not sure if this would be a DLC that could do the even justice.  

Dytut said:
Hope leagues are fixed.
The option's are still missing for Upgraded/Standard etc, so I would guess Not :(

gfRally said:
The bar is just been set too high in the current DR graphics  and environment to have less.  So not sure if this would be a DLC that could do the even justice.  
Imagine them doing it properly. That would be one hell of an advertisement for the game and DLC itself.

CrazyNevada said:
Update v1.02 is out.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/310560/announcements/detail/42020744019909938
I read commentaries on steam
Russians asking for a russian language again :D
Feel like a boss

Nevermind.

I'm glad that opaque windows are fixed now. Until this moment I thought AI have a low-poly models...

bogani said:
Kenya/Safari with 7-8 minute stages just doesn't do it for me. It's all about endurance imo.
Depending on the stage, I guess it could be possible to actually make something along the lines of the length of the Finnish stages. I'd think making a Kenyan stage would take less resources engine wise than something like Finland, given the sparse nature of the landscape. Certainly plenty of obstacles in this 10 minutes of onboard! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pinoWOCIwFQ

steviejb said:
bogani said:
Depending on the stage, I guess it could be possible to actually make something along the lines of the length of the Finnish stages. I'd think making a Kenyan stage would take less resources engine wise than something like Finland, given the sparse nature of the landscape. Certainly plenty of obstacles in this 10 minutes of onboard! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pinoWOCIwFQ

Sparse, true, then this! :)