DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

The dude must have driven with all the assists on.
lol go read reddit thread on it. :Dhttps://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/3xdp6c/pc_gamers_rather_cringeworthy_dirt_rally_review/

The only thing I've to say about this review:

Besides, is funny to see the deputy editor to say that 80 is a good score, when the point is not in the score.

BrySkye said:
I'd genuinely love to see some video of trying to drive the Stratos using the same driving style you'd use in a 2010 car.
Not much needed to imagine that. You'll be spinning in circles on the very first corner xD

BrySkye said:
I'd genuinely love to see some video of trying to drive the Stratos using the same driving style you'd use in a 2010 car.
Not much needed to imagine that. You'll be spinning in circles on the very first corner xD
Exactly, which is why I'd like to see it and the subsequent attempt to explain it.

As a rule, I don't really want discussion of this here to degenerate into some of the less restrained and thoughtful replies/comments to the review elsewhere.
I'm glad that, thus far, the official Codies DiRT forum is probably the only one that isn't rabid about it.
For me, it's about trying to figure out and understand how someone came to conclusions that are so at odds with a significant majority.
A negative review isn't the problem, it's one that seems to hinge on so many statements that just don't seem to have much credibility.

It's a shame that now, partly because of this, DiRT Rally's metacritic is now lower than DiRT 2. 
Metacritics always a pretty flawed system from this point of view, but it's still the one the decision makers pay the most attention to.

I like how @urgaffel has been commenting on the Reddit. Frankly I don't think it's that huge an issue, sure he's wrong, but everyone's shitting on him, so anyone that would for whatever reason check that site for a review would do more research. Am I the only one that checks like 15 different reviews and 30 different videos before I buy a game? (Except for DR, which I bought when PP was released, only to find out we still don't have all gravel...)

I'm just gonna drop it here too...3.5 hours is not enough to even properly setup your FFB and ingame settings.

versedi said:
I'm just gonna drop it here too...3.5 hours is not enough to even properly setup your FFB and ingame settings.
You need at least 100 hours to get from the "Instant crash" level to "Kind of making through the stage".

Wow, that was even greater nonsense than the angry kiddos' rage on the Steam forum. They really got themselves a bitter RBR fanboy there. If it's not exactly like RBR, it's an unrealistic, easy arcade game etc etc. If I were a gaming site, I'd try not to have my reviews written by extremist loonies.

versedi said:
You need at least 100 hours to get from the "Instant crash" level to "Kind of making through the stage".
If you are an enthusiast of sim racing or Racing you just need 25hs to go flat through the stages without any major crashes, i have 79hs and i can challenge to make the world record at any surface.

If you are an enthusiast of sim racing or Racing you just need 25hs to go flat through the stages without any major crashes, i have 79hs and i can challenge to make the world record at any surface.
Oh, you're behind the curve then unfortunately. Because apparently all you need is a little over 8 hours of play time (and didn't own/participate in EA) to set world record times. Guess all those hours put into Farming Simulator 15 paid off.

function9 said:
Oh, you're behind the curve then unfortunately. Because apparently all you need is a little over 8 hours of play time (and didn't own/participate in EA) to set world record times. Guess all those hours put into Farming Simulator 15 paid off.
@function9 do you think that i recently started to make world records? Since i own the game i can repeatedly be in top 25 in the First clean run, you arent any colin mcrae and anyone on this forum have easily be on top since they bought it, so dont believe you are god becouse of just going Fast and you have 8hours of play

I have over 300 hours, so I don't know what you're on about. Not to mention being here for pretty much all of EA. I don't see anywhere in my post that I implied or stated I was speaking about myself.

I read that review, if you can call it that being that is only half a page long, and imediately went o.0 and just ignored it.

But Im glad to see this guy has been totally called out on his b.s. comments and lack of journalistic intergrity!

Still waiting to see some more in depth reviews and some reviews by the bigger places. Anyone seen any video reviews yet?

function9 said:
I have over 300 hours, so I don't know what you're on about. Not to mention being here for pretty much all of EA. I don't see anywhere in my post that I implied or stated I was speaking about myself.
He obviously didn't catch the sarcasm.

Where, and when can we start ask questions for monday's showdown? It's on monday, right?

versedi said:
Where, and when can we start ask questions for monday's showdown? It's on monday, right?
I think they will start a new thread closer to the shows start.                        

function9 said:
@function9 do you think that i recently started to make world records? Since i own the game i can repeatedly be in top 25 in the First clean run, you arent any colin mcrae and anyone on this forum have easily be on top since they bought it, so dont believe you are god becouse of just going Fast and you have 8hours of play
Getting to Top 25 is easy. Scoring a WR? Completely different story.

On the guy's twitter you can read the following phrases now:

Craig Lager
@CraigTheLiar
Developer.
Made a game about crying.
Used to write about games (PC Gamer, RPS, Custom PC, GamingDaily).

One bad review and his world came tumbling down. His account must have been hacked or something, I suppose.

On the guy's twitter you can read the following phrases now:

Craig Lager
@CraigTheLiar
Developer.
Made a game about crying.
Used to write about games (PC Gamer, RPS, Custom PC, GamingDaily).

One bad review and his world came tumbling down. His account must have been hacked or something, I suppose.
Well...nowaday's words are very strong weapon. If used in wrong purpose they can come back to you. Somehow I don't feel sorry for him.

That's the world of rally. One bad turn and you're tumbling down the mountain xD

Well i think its fair to say theres no question he has zero interest in and no idea about motorsport at all. 
I think he made his game in preparation for this moment:

http://craiglager.co.uk/games-i-made/crywankface/

Think you're reading way too much into that. 
You don't become a 'developer' over night.

It's far more likely that they were a full time reviewer, but for some time now have just done the occasional bit of freelance, which is a common enough practice. 
I doubt this is going to have any actual repercussions on the PC Gamer side apart from changing Twitter to private.
They are determined to stand by the review and the statements within it after all.

function9 said:
Getting to Top 25 is easy. Scoring a WR? Completely different story.
In the First run? With assists as you play maybe