DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Getting to Top 25 is easy. Scoring a WR? Completely different story.
In the First run? With assists as you play maybe
World Record when there hasn't been anyone driving the stage is not really a World Record, mind you. Difference between #25 and #1 is often over 10 seconds on short stages, and that is a huge difference. Add to that the fact the ABS doesn't make you any slower and you seem to not know what you're talking. Unless you can score World Record on Sweet Lamb with Group B on your first try.

my view is abs makes you slower but who knows.

fast drivers can get top ten times easy but if the leader boards haven't been touched for a while even top ten times can be challenging on certain courses.

most of the top people will be within a second.thing is sometimes certain tracks or cars wont be driven as much and slowish times can be in top tens just because not many have driven the car and track together.

for instance i did a #2 in lancia 037 yesterday on pant mawr reverse first go . i didnt think it was fast just not many have done it. also have to remember this the other way . maybe after a month other people who are fast get round to doing other tracks then smash the top times.

thats why you never can tell unless a few months old if the top times are good.

Why aren't the major news sites (minus the horrid PC gamer review) reviewing full release Dirt Rally?  Nothing from IGN, Gamespot, Gametrailers etc.  It could definitely use the exposure!

its a niche title.those kind of review sites probably wont review till hits console. speaks volumes on how of point many are.

Makes me wonder what the marketing output around the 1.0 was.

Not a peep on CM news section http://www.codemasters.com/news/
No post highlighting the release on the CM or Dirt blog, only the road books, which is just noise to a news outlet https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/blog
The last press release I see on Gamasutra is from the Finland release http://www.gamasutra.com/search/index.php?search_text=Codemasters&submit=Search&from_press=Y

I have a feeling the general press has no clue about the release because CM's marketing hasn't told anyone it is out of early access.

Press releases went out. Plenty of sites covered the end of Early Access, along with the confirmation that the game is heading to consoles.

I saw some of  1.0 DR reviews on russian game sites. I can post links if you're interested.
Why aren't the major news sites (minus the horrid PC gamer review) reviewing full release Dirt Rally?  Nothing from IGN, Gamespot, Gametrailers etc.  It could definitely use the exposure!
I think they will wait till console release.

griev0r said:
It's getting plenty of word-of-mouth advertising - highly thought of on the pCARS site, for instance.

On another note:  looks so far like the Bandai Namco plan for the DVD distribution will be zip for North American vendors again.  Anybody got anything to the contrary?

On another note:  looks so far like the Bandai Namco plan for the DVD distribution will be zip for North American vendors again.
What does this mean? No DVDs in the USA?

RubyRuby said:
griev0r said:
It's getting plenty of word-of-mouth advertising - highly thought of on the pCARS site, for instance.

On another note:  looks so far like the Bandai Namco plan for the DVD distribution will be zip for North American vendors again.  Anybody got anything to the contrary?
Bandai Namco's deal with Codemasters has expired..
Codemasters signed a new publishing deal last month with Koch-Media for global distribution, including the Americas, for 2016 instead.

Let's see, you missed some community awards in the form of names-on-paper shown to the camera.
Some talk about Sweden and getting the more current cars.
A handful of questions being answered.
Some complaints in chat about 'promised' things that were never actually promised (that went on to dominate chat)
But no real new info or gossip material. It was a very relaxed, shooting the breeze kind of thing.

Oh, you also missed Festive Paul, who has now practically gone viral on Twitter.

Ah, the "promised" RaceNet things, that they would try, and hope to get ready for the end of Early Access. My big issue with it, is the lack of info when it didn't work out at all.

found it
http://www.twitch.tv/dirtgame/v/31092588

sqdstr said:
any link yet for those who couldn't watch the show?
http://www.twitch.tv/dirtgame/v/31092588

Just listening to the show whilst at work. Thanks very much for the award @Hatward and @KickUp: it's quite a consolation that my frustration at not being able to play has been noted!  

I shall be shopping for a PS4 post-Christmas and then counting down the days until April! (and waiting to see if you've got VIP to work on console  ;) )

Just a little note by going all the way back to launch day, which we might all have forgotten about.
Cars with the full set of headlights when it's not night time.
This advanced technology seems to have been lost to the sands of time.