DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

JZStudios said:
About 3 and a half minutes in Paul says they could continue working on banks for all the tracks. I guess we already knew that, but hey, it's being worked on.
could

He also said that there're a lot of variables now that are making strong point on final outcome so it's generally still unshaped. At least I've understand it that way. I think no one really knows something now, they'll have some plans in mind but wait with them till the console release (which will be prioritirzed).

IGN gives Dirt Rally a 8.9!!  That's great news they are a huge gaming review site!

http://www.ign.com/games/dirt-rally/pc-20036454

griev0r said:
IGN gives Dirt Rally a 8.9!!  That's great news they are a huge gaming review site!

http://www.ign.com/games/dirt-rally/pc-20036454

IGN - Not enough POPCORN - 8.9 out of 10

Really glad it's getting such good reviews, and that the reviewers are getting a proper understanding for what the game is about

Even better from community - 9.0.
Guys, checkpoints in monthly events are on, check bug thread for my analysis (at first I thought it's a bug). I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm.

versedi said:
Guys, checkpoints in monthly events are on, check bug thread for my analysis (at first I thought it's a bug). I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm.
Yep, checkpoint system is working now it seems.

versedi said:
Yep, checkpoint system is working now it seems.
Thanks, I was a little bit worried that it's something with my instance :)
I'm curious if it was supposed to be online already, didn't they used future sentence in latest show?

versedi said:
I'm curious if it was supposed to be online already, didn't they used future sentence in latest show?
They did, but I suppose they're testing various improvements with online mode right now. You all remember that strange Weekly challenge with custom weather, right? :)
But, personally, I don't like this checkpoint system.

Really glad it's getting such good reviews, and that the reviewers are getting a proper understanding for what the game is about
Fully agree: all with the exception of the PC Gamer review that is!

Some sites have a team of reviewers to look at the same title and give a combined score and review.  I always enjoy these, much easier to trust the review and more comfortable with the decision I've about to make.  Personally thats what is wrong with many of these reviews.  They are slanted because someone loves rally, loves hard core sims, has no clue what rally is, or whatever perspective.  Personally PCGamer for me has always been a weak source of info.  

I'm probably late to the game with this, and not wanting to stir some more heat.  I sat back and thought how I make decisions on my purchases.  But I'm a weirdo anyhow, I know.

gfRally said:
Some sites have a team of reviewers to look at the same title and give a combined score and review.  I always enjoy these, much easier to trust the review and more comfortable with the decision I've about to make.  Personally thats what is wrong with many of these reviews.  They are slanted because someone loves rally, loves hard core sims, has no clue what rally is, or whatever perspective.
Every game review should contain at least two different reviewers' opinions. One who's a pro/series veteran or whatever applies to the game at hand, and another one reviewing it from a newcomers' point of view. Sadly, a reviewer has to play a game for a good few hours, and most magazines/sites have limited resources and can't invest twice the time/work in a single review.

I'm halfway done with a new video I'm making for the 1.0 release of Dirt Rally.  Have a lot more content I can use since I did the As The Rush Comes video.  This time I'm keeping it 100% just rally footage and it's not all slow mo.  Hoping to have it wrapped up tonight!

I need a couple of crash shots, the crashes in DR are def a weak point so it's hard to get one that looks natural.  If you have one that is in 1080p/30fps please let me know.

"Christmas has come early! We have a present for you...

Who remembers watching this introduction back in 1998? ‪#‎TBT‬"

https://www.facebook.com/dirtgame/videos/975574585848443/

I suppose the present they're talking about isn't the video? (Can't watch it, at work atm)

I'm curious if they're referring to anything else, but the video is likely it.  It is just the intro vid though.

This would be cool, for some of us.  Also a nice nod to Colin

OR to be greedy, we are already 1/3 the way there:

Wasn't there supposed to be released some documentary movie about Colin as a present?  I think something like this passed somewhere through my eyes.

versedi said:
Wasn't there supposed to be released some documentary movie about Colin as a present?  I think something like this passed somewhere through my eyes.
Are  you thinking of the documentary that's meant to be included with the physical version of the game in April?

BrySkye said:
versedi said:
Are  you thinking of the documentary that's meant to be included with the physical version of the game in April?
Yea that's it! I just woke up, something seemed to be unreal with what I'm writing about ;)

I'm curious if they're referring to anything else, but the video is likely it.  It is just the intro vid though.
My thoughts exactly: most likely the video, but perhaps they are hinting at something else. 
versedi said:
BrySkye said:
versedi said:
Yea that's it! I just woke up, something seemed to be unreal with what I'm writing about ;)
They may have something else lined up, but I suspect the documentary that they have mentioned will be this one...

http://www.dukevideo.com/prd2132/Colin-McRae-Rally-Legend-DVD

...that's no bad thing though, as that one is very good! 

bogani said:
I'm just hoping it's Colin's Impreza WRC  :#
U & me both, thinking back about the old CMR days, how awesome would it be to have it in a game with modern tech