DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Is anyone sure that league cars are all fully upgraded even if you don't own them?

griev0r said:
Is anyone sure that league cars are all fully upgraded even if you don't own them?
They aren't upgraded, if you don't own them in you garage. Also. as far as I know, even if you have a car, it won't upgrading itself during a league event

If anyone's interested, i'm going to stream the 2 dailies live on Twitch in 20 minutes (4:15pm GMT) 

http://www.twitch.tv/rallycameraman/

Not bad, not bad!  Interesting to see the lines you take, every little helps!  Cool!  :)

Ack, could only watch a little near the start, i basically caught a tree incident needing reverse gear and a handbrake turn :D

I am willing to make a video with the last two songs. The video itself seemed a bit to be unsynced with the songs as it dates back to 2006 regardless of the image quality and the editor's skills. It really pesters me that the Impreza S10 hadn't made any important wins. Quite disappointing because it was a very great car. I liked the video better from 4:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUWE7vwI6bE

Dytut said:
We can has this one? Is all Dirt Rally needs to be car complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBHBgg3mSeU
Yes please! I'd love some castor scented candles to go with that.

Do you mean, "Cassie R" scented candles?                                      
Don't know who that is. http://www.ohgizmo.com/2014/01/02/two-stroke-smoke-candle-fill-your-home-with-the-scent-of-motorbikes/

Cassie R, or Castrol R 2-stroke oil, it has a somewhat unique smell and for some reason, there are some of us who have a strange addiction to it...

Cassie R, or Castrol R 2-stroke oil, it has a somewhat unique smell and for some reason, there are some of us who have a strange addiction to it...
When my brother was but a wee lad he would go out in the garage with a comforter and drape it over his head and a bucket of gasoline. That's petrol for all you non Americans. Now every time he does something stupid he blames it on that.

Aha, yeah, that's exactly what I talk about. Castor oil is often used in 2-stroke oils. The Saab, as you are probably aware boasts a two stroke V4 and therefore it sounds and smells amazing. And looks good to. :) 

I googled Cassie R and got strange blogs and such, not one of them smelling of two stroke engines. 

Yeah, I'll be honest, I've never written it or seen it written, it's just a verbal slang, its always just Castrol r when written.

Far as I know the 96 was offered in the 2-stroke for the first year or two of production (1967-68?), then in either the 2-stroke or with the Taunus 4-stroke V4, from about 1968 to 1982.  I might be off a bit.  My Saab was the 1969 V4 4-stroke, bought as a dealer demo with a couple hundred miles on it in the winter of 1970.  Great car.  No castor oil.  The original clutch didn't make it past 30,000 miles; the second one wore much better.

P.S.  The price new in 1970 was about $1,500.

Castrol R. Mmm...that brings back memories. Standing in forests late at night, the NOISE of SAAB 2 strokes...and the smell.

I always thought unfiltered (no-cat/converter) 100 octane run in most classic cars in the US has a sweet smell to it.

So a little DiRTY gossip glitch I just realized I've been dealing with for months, since the RX update.  I'm sure that some of you may have seen me posting about glowing rotors at all times, but even after game integrity checks through Steam it remained.  I just updated my Fanatec drivers tonight and it's gone.  There must have been some conflict, even though I had 5% deadzone  and in game and my Fanatec software didn't show any dragging brakes at rest.  I'VE BEEN DRIVING WITH DRAGGING BRAKES FOR MONTHS.

A whole league season, and wondering why I can't beat the AI sometimes.  Damn..

Sounds like a likely culprit, i remember you posting that and saying it had to be controller at the time.

However, whilst you should be a little faster now, depending on how much they were dragging, you might notice more spin slip :)

griev0r said:
So a little DiRTY gossip glitch I just realized I've been dealing with for months, since the RX update.  I'm sure that some of you may have seen me posting about glowing rotors at all times, but even after game integrity checks through Steam it remained.  I just updated my Fanatec drivers tonight and it's gone.  There must have been some conflict, even though I had 5% deadzone  and in game and my Fanatec software didn't show any dragging brakes at rest.  I'VE BEEN DRIVING WITH DRAGGING BRAKES FOR MONTHS.

A whole league season, and wondering why I can't beat the AI sometimes.  Damn..

Oh man, that reminds me of the time I was trying to get into rFactor and was getting destroyed in the straights. After many hours I accidentally discovered my pedal was goofing up and I was only hitting 92% throttle max.

@griev0r my DiRT somehow decided to give me 20% deadzones everywhere - I don't have a clue how long I was driving like that but my times were worst at least for a month now.

gfRally said:
urgaffel said:
Merry New Year! May the gossip flow freely in the year to come :smiley: 
@urgaffel   So your saying there is stuff to gossip about?  Any hints?  Could you point us in the right direction to gossip?  :wink: 
Oh yeah, there are always things to gossip about. I'll leave the hints to other people though, I don't want to say too much and give away things that aren't mine to give away ;)

So, a video on the OutsideXbox youtube channel (formerly inside xbox when it used to be on the old xbox 360 dashboard) showed Dirt as one of the 7 games that xbox will finally get in 2016. For some reason they suggested that it could be re-branded as dirt 4 for the consoles? I have no idea where they would have got that from, and it seams highly unlikely, especially as dirt rally already has official xbox one box art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rFcy4L7NkI

(edit: forgot to link the video!)