DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

damn you !!!!! :D check this out some great footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NupS_c_x2r4

So @KickUp's recent tweets were retweeting the Renault 5 Group B car on 26 Dec, and now a picture of the Alpine at Race Retro event. This isn't gossip, it's not subtle enough!!!

i wish there are more sedan  like impreza and  evo in the game

driving generally feels better with those for me

Yes, the R4 cars, particularly the Lancer, have a bit more weight, which gives a little more useable grip. They aren't as sensitive to throttle input when cornering.  This makes them more planted, predictable and easier to learn in.  

That Road Book adds... not much, just news that a new PC build with fixes will be out at some point in the coming months. At least that means Dirt Rally will be supported for several months more, sort of!

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2016/mexico-longest-stage/page/3120--12-12-.html

maybe an idea for Dirt Rally 2 ? :smiley: 

That Road Book adds... not much, just news that a new PC build with fixes will be out at some point in the coming months. At least that means Dirt Rally will be supported for several months more, sort of!
I'm hoping whatever optimization/compromise they do to get a locked framerate on console can be an option on PC, so I don't have to turn the trees to ultra low every time I'm in Monte Carlo! 

Hmm, yeah it is a little light on info, but at least we get a new CM.
Hopefully they get chance to release a new patch sooner than perhaps the road book suggests.

You would think its imminent.  The League format is all up the left at the min.  Even if that was rolled back to as it was, with setups & repairs, I'm sure we could wait on the new option a little longer.  League activity is stalling as everyone waits... :)

sqdstr said:
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2016/mexico-longest-stage/page/3120--12-12-.html

It'd play like Greece, which is why I like Greece so much.

JZStudios said:
sqdstr said:

It'd play like Greece, which is why I like Greece so much.
With a title like "Dirt" I would hope we would get some more DIRT than tarmac.  There, I said it (now ducking for cover)

Hey, that "Easier Said Than Done" in your sig, any good? worth it?
@F2CMaDMaXX absolutely!  Cannot recommend it enough.  I don't how Europeans relate to it, since it's mostly filmed at Rally America events here in the US.  (I think US rally fans appreciate what we have, more than Europe)

You have been transplanted here, so maybe you will see it differently.  

Really it it is about the struggles of rallying, no matter what level.  

I know quite a few of the people in it, and if you know where to look, I'm in it too :wink: 

gfRally said:
@F2CMaDMaXX absolutely!  Cannot recommend it enough.  I don't how Europeans relate to it, since it's mostly filmed at Rally America events here in the US.  (I think US rally fans appreciate what we have, more than Europe)

You have been transplanted here, so maybe you will see it differently.  

Really it it is about the struggles of rallying, no matter what level.  

I know quite a few of the people in it, and if you know where to look, I'm in it too :wink: 
It's really good! Nice direction and images!

Haha, fair enough, i'm trying to work out the best way to watch it on the tele, so i want the 1080p version but for some reason, kinda balking at the price a little bit.

Really well shot film, I enjoyed it despite not being the target audience (I'd say it's more of an intro for people who don't know the sport, but it really captures the essence well).

gfRally said:
(I think US rally fans appreciate what we have, more than Europe)
I'd say the economical situation in European countries makes it a lot harder to appreciate what we have here, since we often don't have time and resources to be able to appreciate it.

gfRally said:
(I think US rally fans appreciate what we have, more than Europe)
I'd say the economical situation in European countries makes it a lot harder to appreciate what we have here, since we often don't have time and resources to be able to appreciate it.
Sorry that was a bit of a ignorant remark on my part. I guess I'm just a little jealous.  

BUT because of the challenge of such a small market over here, it's a rather close community.  

Haha, fair enough, i'm trying to work out the best way to watch it on the tele, so i want the 1080p version but for some reason, kinda balking at the price a little bit.

I think you can rent it on Vimeo 

Yeah, you can rent on a couple of services, but honestly, it's then a toss up as to whether i'll watch again and keep forever by paying a little more.

Also, unrelated, but when i'm watching videos of classic rally cars and i see a Toyota blasting round, i can't help wondering if they're still running the trick restrictors in the turbo :D

gfRally said:

I think you can rent it on Vimeo 
Yep, that's how I watched it.                                      

KevM said:
Yes, the R4 cars, particularly the Lancer, have a bit more weight, which gives a little more useable grip. They aren't as sensitive to throttle input when cornering.  This makes them more planted, predictable and easier to learn in.  

also in real life, no more sedan  in the wrc class :(

and toyota is ready for 2017 comeback with a toyota aygo!!!!!!!!

what's next?     smart wrc????    :'(

Popping this in here since it's a particularly interesting mod.
Not just for the nostalgia or having Nicky, but because it's the first I've seen the pacenotes being modded in such a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bFOKr4uJd8