DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Back from the stages (and unfortunately, ditches) of Rally Yorkshire, wasn't able to do any snooping unfortunately.

Hope that wasn't an expensive ditch detour!

tbtstt said:

Back from the stages (and unfortunately, ditches) of Rally Yorkshire, wasn't able to do any snooping unfortunately.

Fortunately not, only cost us time! Took me and about fifteen or so spectators 10 minutes to pull it out!

Speaking of ditches, that is a thing i'd like to see feature on some stages of the next DiRT, there's never really been anything substantial that you could get your car properly stuck in. RBR had the feature where if you were stuck you could call spectators to come and help you out, which would cost you time, a nice little feature.

tbtstt said:

Fortunately not, only cost us time! Took me and about fifteen or so spectators 10 minutes to pull it out!

Speaking of ditches, that is a thing i'd like to see feature on some stages of the next DiRT, there's never really been anything substantial that you could get your car properly stuck in. RBR had the feature where if you were stuck you could call spectators to come and help you out, which would cost you time, a nice little feature.

Yhea that was a good feature in RBR, I really liked the first GB stage in RBR, it was challenging with the ditches, and fast flowing stages, it really gave me the GB rally of Wales feeling!

tbtstt said:

Its off topic but as you are in the enviable position of having played RBR and having driven stages in real life, how realistic would you call it? From my (brief) experience in a 106 rallye IRL, I would say it was similar but the under steer is exagerated (although as it was my first experience of driving I doubt I hit the throttle hard enough for torque steer to kick in :smiley: ) 

It's been a long time since I played it, and I wasn't very old at the time, but I seem to recall the stages being fairly accurate. They are a difficult thing to get right, and I think what DiRT has lacked so far is things like bumps, rocks, ditches and banks surrounding the stage. In real life stages (in Britain anyway) there's not much room for error in regards to the edges of stages.

As for the handling of RBR, I always thought it was very exaggerated. There seemed to be way too much oversteer. I remember giving it to my dad to try (he's been rally driving since the 70's) and he never thought much of it. But I did enjoy the game for what it was.

http://instagram.com/p/tTk2C0Mp9B/

Maybe a collaboration or something related to Rally America in the next game?

One more reason @justbiglee‌ is a great guy and community manager, when he's not teasing us with DiRT4

@Rallycameraman‌ 

Ok, I'm counting the french fries....   give me a few hours..  

Well if I read the comments right those burgers are from the Glasshouse in Leamington Spa? I can't tell you what significance that has for DiRT 4, but I can tell you that I am going to be on holiday in that area at the end of next month and I'm now planning to eat at the Glasshouse! :smiley: 

lol #WWGFD, Half Life reference on the plate
its a @gfRally reference ;)

Here it is with all its layers on.

Knowing what a pain that is to do without a keyboard and mouse, that really turned out well.  

Something that I appreciate in Forza 2 is the 'rally' modes, not really anything more than a point to point race, but a hint of the real concept isn't too bad. Hopefully this will prep people for a really rally game....   cough, cough, SOMEDAY!!!! (scream it like your pushed off a bridge)

Ha. Dirty gossip got this one ages ago :

http://forums.codemasters.com/post/quote/203/Comment_28938

http://forums.codemasters.com/post/quote/4004/Discussion_4004

interesting 

https://twitter.com/kick_up/status/520017296627351552

work perk?  

Or could this be a chance to show Brazilian press a behind closed doors look at DiRT4?

Why would Codie's send a prominent member of the DiRT team be assigned to show off F1 2014 game??

gfRally said:
interesting 

https://twitter.com/kick_up/status/520017296627351552

work perk?  

Or could this be a chance to show Brazilian press a behind closed doors look at DiRT4?

Why would Codie's send a prominent member of the DiRT team be assigned to show off F1 2014 game??
The above is GREAT news! I think you're spot on with your read of the situation @gfRally !
I was thinking about politely asking Paul whether it's a holiday or a work trip, but I'm glad he revealed it himself :)

No matter how rich a gaming developer company is they wouldn't send employees on an overseas trip without a good reason! I wouldn't think @KickUp would be shipped to Brasil to talk about F1 2014... 

In all likelihood the trip is DiRT related so the team must have something to show! :D 

This promo video is certainly making me want to be there! :D 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnRw3kj6XuM

Perhaps some Codies are at the Rallylegend festival in San Marino ;-)

This 2 Dutch Mitsubishi Lancers evo 6,5 ( Orgininal Works from Tommi Makinen) are at the rally:

But there are also other legend rally cars

Perhaps some Codies are at the Rallylegend festival in San Marino ;-)

This 2 Dutch Mitsubishi Lancers evo 6,5 ( Orgininal Works from Tommi Makinen) are at the rally:

But there are also other legend rally cars

I have GOT to do this one year: looks like such a good weekend!

@ThierryNeuville‌ yeah yeah yeah 'these are not the droids you are looking for..."  
Trying to throw us off like @justbiglee‌ 

We all know you and Codie's are all tight now, Mr N. D. A.   :o      (Extreeme sarcasm)

Lol, really I'm just jealous, all in good fun.

gfRally said:
@ThierryNeuville‌ yeah yeah yeah 'these are not the droids you are looking for..."  
Trying to throw us off like @justbiglee‌ 

We all know you and Codie's are all tight now, Mr N. D. A.   :o      (Extreeme sarcasm)

Lol, really I'm just jealous, all in good fun.
Speaking of which... I'm gonna see if I can swing a play date for us at the end of the month (27th- 31st). Not promising anything just yet because I have to run it passed the people in charge but would/could any of you make it over? I can't pay travel or anything like that but will buy you an average lunch from the Codies canteen and let you play some games and meet the team :P