DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I don't think that is a location and/or a car. Also I don't think that is a Rally School because there is no point on doing it for the previous DiRT titles and I'm sure that they confirmed that they will do some "tutorial" videos explaining the physics, etc. in time for the console release. About the WRC license? I'm sure that it's not the case, because they wouldn't fit in the previous games.

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/686838995540656128

@KickUp gone silent after dropping the bomb and it would be awesome If he could give us more gossip.

Azoresst said:
@KickUp gone silent after dropping the bomb and it would be awesome If he could give us more gossip.
If he would give out anything else so quickly, we would've got it cracked by the midnight xD Or maybe we already did and we just don't know xD

I'm starting to like the anti cheat stuff actually.  Also, don't forget it's just after 20:30 right now where he lives.

Ryu, i think the operative word is actually *for* our games, and not *in* our games, this sort of rules out game content and argues *for* something like anti cheat.  Cars would work in their games would work for this, like a specific marque, but again, i think we're on for a feature/system/support of the game and not a content/feature in the game "story" so to speak.

I think those calling out anti cheat are pretty hot on the money right now.

It's modding... I'll bet it will be modding. 

I'm maybe having a gossiper fever of some sort, but I think I remeber reading in the old forum KickUp stating that started playing RBR back in 2010 or 2011. A big part of what RBRit's today, it's due to being moddable. See the popularity that games like rF or Asseto Corsa have gained in relation to others that don't have comunity made content.

It's modding... I'll bet it will be modding. 

I'm maybe having a gossiper fever of some sort, but I think I remeber reading in the old forum KickUp stating that started playing RBR back in 2010 or 2011. A big part of what RBRit's today, it's due to being moddable. See the popularity that games like rF or Asseto Corsa have gained in relation to others that don't have comunity made content.
That info is true, but don't forget the problem with licensing, it matters for current games/future prospects in garnering the use of licenses.  I will cite the C4 inclusion rules as an example if you don't think it's that crucial; they only allowed the car in game with a plain white paint job, and a plain red one.

teknoid85 said:
maybe finally the toyota celica ????   185 ???    :p
Possible as i mentioned above, but seems highly unlikely given the usage of the word "for" and not "in"

austinb said:
I disagree that NZ is too similar to Wales, The both have sheep and forests and raid and mud... but despite that, the style of the stages and the mountainous terrain used in NZ rallies do make it very different
You can disagree all you want, but it's a general observation for the masses. :P 
It's in reference to the games palette. Yes, it's different, but it's not different -enough-.
Paul said this himself, so that's something we just have to accept.

When you only have 6-8 locations, every one has to be very different.
Paul knows that and knows that at the end of the day, it's better for the game.
Sometimes games design is going to conflict with the rally enthusiast inside us.

That's why I've championed somewhere like Malaysia, which has a lot of distinct red soil/mud and tropical foliage completely unlike anything in the game right now.
Australia would also hold up.
Or possibly Japan which, while in some ways similar to Monte Carlo with a lot of hill-side tarmac sections, also tends to feature heavy rain with open Japanese countryside, rice paddies, etc, with more high speed sections.
You seem to only be taking into account the visuals of the stages and not the actual layout and feel of them. The way the stages drive is a pretty much unique experience from anywhere in the world. The constant extreme camber and narrow roads would require a different driving style for sure. 
You say how Malaysia has red mud and tropical plants... well so do the rally NZ stages... the foliage itself really separates it from wales visually as does the awesome landscape in general.
I feel there is a misconception that NZ is the same as Wales, some parts are but lots of parts are very different with alpine type areas and tropical areas (where they have hot summers with huge storms).
If done correctly the stages would look and feel very unique. 

Watch at least half of this then tell me its too similar to Wales.

https://youtu.be/1ngESrztC3c

MrSpanky said:
Maybe @KickUp is talking about the ability to save the replays. It's something that we've not had in any Dirt titles in the past.
Wasn't that impossible due to engine limitations?

I'm going to say it's the ability to upload full replays directly to YouTube.

You could upload a 20-30 second clip directly to YouTube in Dirt 3, so the engine can do it. 

So, it's not that then, as Paul said it hasn't been in Dirt games yet.  But i would like that feature :)

It could be absolutely anything!

Text chat for online (PVP), any car any track, ability to edit name tags into windows, manual choice of playlists session.  I hope all is revealed soon!

Right, but as it's will not be absolutely everything, we're narrowing down which we think it will be from 'absolutely anything' by ruling out those we know it cannot be or will be very unlikely based upon the few conditions/rules that we know from @KickUp tweets.

So, not been in any dirt games before
Something that hadn't already been ruled out; Porsche
Something thatwon't happen based off of engine/time constraints.

ramPage16 said:
The co-op driving seems most probable now that it's mentioned.
How so?  it's such a small niche part, just how would it play out?
Well it has been requested like mad on the steam forums and the subreddit since forever. It just seems like one of the more plausible things to me. Personally I'd much rather it be something else but I can see why this or a rally school would be the surprise.

..Didn't we just get a new community manager that is supposed to get us gossip? Well, time to impress, no? We're all a very judgmental bunch who need a good first impression, right? .. right? (See where I'm going with this?)

I'd rather not have any more content at the moment. I wish Codies fixed all of those bugs instead! C'mon, we can even set up leagues properly.

ramPage16 said:
ramPage16 said:
The co-op driving seems most probable now that it's mentioned.
How so?  it's such a small niche part, just how would it play out?
Well it has been requested like mad on the steam forums and the subreddit since forever. It just seems like one of the more plausible things to me. Personally I'd much rather it be something else but I can see why this or a rally school would be the surprise.
I'm interested in how it would play out though?

Equim said:
..Didn't we just get a new community manager that is supposed to get us gossip? Well, time to impress, no? We're all a very judgmental bunch who need a good first impression, right? .. right? (See where I'm going with this?)
Yes, yes we did, and Christina has not been seen (at least to me) on the boards properly yet :(   I see that she's due to be onsite Friday with the DBox setup.