DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Rygar86 said:
That guy running with the camera is hilarious!

Any official word on what the Tuesday surprise is?

Are you talking about Paul's tweet and colins 555 livery on the 95 impreza that Bryskye has effectively prooven to be the answer? If so then no its not been officially stated, but it has been Dirty Gossip confirmed.

Wow, surprisingly steady considering the footage we saw of it being taken, who do i say i told you so, to? :tongue: 
My thoughts exactly! I thought it would be bouncing all over the place!

Wow, surprisingly steady considering the footage we saw of it being taken, who do i say i told you so, to? :tongue: 
Given how much image stabilisation has been applied to that in post, think it's telling that it's still shuddering.
Put it this way, don't think @Rallycameraman will be adopting the technique any time soon.

BrySkye said:
Given how much image stabilisation has been applied to that in post, think it's telling that it's still shuddering.
Put it this way, don't think @Rallycameraman will be adopting the technique any time soon.

Haha I definitely won't be doing that. We've got a drone for that sort of stuff! 

BrySkye said:

Speaking of, @urgaffel the other day I noticed while on Monte in snow, at night, that the snow fall effects worked fine when driving in one direction, but when driving the other direction, such as after a hairpin, they would be flicking on/off every few seconds.
Like someone turning a light switch on and off every other second.
Dunno if that's something known or if anyone else has spotted it recently.

That sounds really weird, can you get us a video or which track/conditions you get it on?

@BrySkye Yeah, i think that might be linked to a problem i just noticed with the rain impacts, they're now getting the crowd camera flash effects added to them :(  Most noticeable on the rally start where you watch your car pull up.
And that goes for you too :) Which track does that happen on?

Haha I definitely won't be doing that. We've got a drone for that sort of stuff! 
@Rallycameraman do you film professionally or as an amateur?

Rygar86 said:
@Rallycameraman do you film professionally or as an amateur?
The user name is a hint. :)

versedi said:
So Martini or 555? What's your guess? Maybe both?

Such a nice stage uploaded to youtube last year by WRC official channel, those beatiful landscapes - oh they'd look gorgoeus in DR. I don't say it's better than the one we have, but certainly it's really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS4-XrRdArs&feature=youtu.be

Holy crap those flat out sections @ 7:40 and 8:49, balls of STEEL.  And yes, beautiful stage!

urgaffel said:

BrySkye said:

Speaking of, @urgaffel the other day I noticed while on Monte in snow, at night, that the snow fall effects worked fine when driving in one direction, but when driving the other direction, such as after a hairpin, they would be flicking on/off every few seconds.
Like someone turning a light switch on and off every other second.
Dunno if that's something known or if anyone else has spotted it recently.

That sounds really weird, can you get us a video or which track/conditions you get it on?

@BrySkye Yeah, i think that might be linked to a problem i just noticed with the rain impacts, they're now getting the crowd camera flash effects added to them :(  Most noticeable on the rally start where you watch your car pull up.
And that goes for you too :) Which track does that happen on?

Hey @urgaffel  ;)

It seems to be the high weather setting (which i'll mention down below too) that causes this now. 
There are two instances that happen, not noticed if it's random or not as to which one occurs, but both are on high weather setting.

1) The camera flash effect on the rain impacts - i believe they're the impacts that are meant to hit the lower portion of the screen.
2) The rain impacts, again, the ones to hit the screen/camera lens, they're static and cover most of your view, like a freeze frame of the impacts, regardless of what else is going on for the FX.
3) This happens whenever/wherever it's raining.
4) Changing to low weather removes the FX and correctly applies the low weather effects.  Setting high again brings back whichever problem you were experiencing.

What i was saying about the weather setting; Low is obviously sprites in the middle/far distance, shows sheets of rain, looks great.  High seems to remove that, and just gives the impacts on the lens/screen of the vehicle, obviously plus the regular falling rain.
Personally i've questioned this from the start, it seems like the high setting should ADD to the low setting, rather than replace it, am i wrong here?  If there is a problem with the weather settings, it also might explain why there are a lot of people for whom low weather settings cause massive frame rate drop and have to set high to stop that issue.

Alright, it's pretty weak, but technically gossip, so.....

https://twitter.com/VerruckAle/status/689532623794778112
Hello Paul! Do please EVO IX and added the DS3 to Dirt Rally xD or there will no longer be updates?

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/689534191634137088

i'm starting do dream new locations..... i need to see new environments i the game

the red earth of portugal or australia

a hot by summer tarmac road like corsica that will eat your tires

an exotic  malaysia or somethin like that

the beautiness of japan.

for now 6 locations  and 2 on winter....   too less    :s :'(

Alright, it's pretty weak, but technically gossip, so.....

https://twitter.com/VerruckAle/status/689532623794778112
Hello Paul! Do please EVO IX and added the DS3 to Dirt Rally xD or there will no longer be updates?

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/689534191634137088

I'll translate that for you all in a bit better fashion than Google Translate:

Hello Paul! Please add the EVO IX and the DS3 to Dirt Rally! xD Or will there not be any further updates?

Well, everyone is well aware of what's missing, but the interesting part of Paul's reply, and, we all know that Paul knows that we look at his answers in a really over the top way, is that he didn't say, maybe in the future, or hopefully for the next game etc.

He actually said there will be updates, which we also knew, but we have no idea what.  If we read into this comment in the way only DiRTy Gossipers do, then it suggests that we're getting new cars, maybe even these ones, if not close approximations.

So let's clear the table. What is your top 5 list? (I am assuming we have the Renaults)
My personal top 5:
1. DS3. We already have C4, so it can't be so difficult. The 2010's category will be completed.
2. Pegueot 206. Another world champion car. We have 205 and hillclimb peugeots. It's also very possible.
3. Xsara, with the 206 we fulfill the early 2000's category (maybe at some point it could be split into two different categories). Two world champions cars from the CMR3-05 era.
4. Group A Evolution, III/IV. Again world champion, a must have, Mitsubishi is already in the game.
5. Toyota. This is maybe the most wanted by fans. I would go with Celica st185 (I will kill for Carlos Sainz livery). The problem with the Corolla is there is no late 90's WRC in the game. It should go with the early 2000's category.

About locations, Corsica and Australia for rally variety. Also Argentina, Spain (mixed tarmac and gravel) or Mexico for an hispanic touch :wink: 

R5 class pls!!!
Skoda Fabia R5 pls!!!                                         

I don't believe that we'll have Toyota cars in the game due to license issues, but it will be great!
My top five:
-Renaults (Alpine A110, R5 Turbo/Maxi 5 Turbo, Maxi Megane, Maxi Clio...)
- Citroën Xsara
-Peugeot 206 WRC
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX or VI
- 1998 Subaru Impreza WRC

As it's been said before, if an important car isn't there, it's because of licensing issues out of the devs' hands. The DS3 is one of those, so are Renaults and Toyota. Hopefully something will change, but it's probably unlikely. Renault is probably the most likely of the 3 to change, then the DS3, then Toyota

From some of Pauls stuff around the new year time frame, i believe we have reason to suspect we've got the two missing Renaults back :) (hopefully)