Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

Those hints just keep coming back about the Alpine and the Renault 5, i seriously think they were able to get the license issue sorted out, especially as they're technically already in the game.
my dream car will come fingers crossed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
I'd also like to know if the rumours are true and he will be running a Focus in the World RX. 
Yes please. I'm sick and tired of the Fiesta, bring on the proper rally Ford :D 
I must confess I much prefer the look of the Fiesta over the Focus. Ford will be keen to market the Focus RS though, so I using the Focus would make sense from a PR point.
The Fiesta is bigger then the Chevette, Sunbeam & Escort which all felt like real rally cars back in their day. I think it helped having the homologation specials as road going cars. These days it seems from a size perspective the Fiesta and Polo work as rally cars yet the roadgoing top performance versions are reserved for the more expensive Focus and Golf models. Obviously this is to maximise profits but it seems a shame we can't have the rally car matching the road car, then perhaps we wouldn't feel as if rally cars had become fast shopping cars?
Fully agree! I have been hoping for a number of years that Ford would produce an RS version of the Fiesta but, as you say, that sort of treatment seems to be reserved for the bigger models in the range.
Rumours are still that both a Fiesta RS and Polo R will come but it looks likely they will still fit in a hierarchy where the bigger brother Focus and Golf will be quicker. I'd love to see both be real beasts!
Seems the Polo R is unlikely as VW wouldn't be able to slot it in between a Polo GTI and  Golf GTI price wise. It is a real shame the car hierarchy prevents the rally car having a decent road equivalent. For me it rather divorces rallying from road cars and the fact that VW have won the WRC with a Polo becomes a bit irrelevant when you wouldn't look twice at the road car in its sportiest form and the WRC Polo looks nothing like you could buy on the road. I do yearn for the old homologation days where you could associate the rally cars of the time with their road counterparts.
Seems the Polo R is unlikely as VW wouldn't be able to slot it in between a Polo GTI and  Golf GTI price wise. It is a real shame the car hierarchy prevents the rally car having a decent road equivalent. For me it rather divorces rallying from road cars and the fact that VW have won the WRC with a Polo becomes a bit irrelevant when you wouldn't look twice at the road car in its sportiest form and the WRC Polo looks nothing like you could buy on the road. I do yearn for the old homologation days where you could associate the rally cars of the time with their road counterparts.

What he said!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Splitscreen camera control configuration file.
This xml contains the configuration for the OverrideCamerasControl system that is used to fix the vehicle interactive cameras settings during the splitscreen game mode." (from ../DiRT Rally/cars/generics/splitscreen_cameras_adjustments.xml)
I guess this mode has been ruled out of question? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaloSamo said:
"Splitscreen camera control configuration file.
This xml contains the configuration for the OverrideCamerasControl system that is used to fix the vehicle interactive cameras settings during the splitscreen game mode." (from ../DiRT Rally/cars/generics/splitscreen_cameras_adjustments.xml)
I guess this mode has been ruled out of question? ;)
Probably just left over/legacy code from DiRT3, as part of the EGO engine.
Could be brought back for the console versions, but with the 60fps target, I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Probably for the same reasons as lack of  PVP rally. But it makes me wonder why there are so many files leftover, which are completely unused, yet still take up users disk space? Splitscreen, garage, intro, model of a female co-driver, voice of a Scottish co-driver, etc.  :neutral: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Invisible you mean? And one can only wonder what "stuff" you were actually attempting to do... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Probably just left over/legacy code from DiRT3, as part of the EGO engine.
Could be brought back for the console versions, but with the 60fps target, I doubt it.
Well, splitscreen in GRID 2 for example had degraded graphics without you ever changing them. I run the game basically at max settings but the splitscreen... looked so bad I could puke. It did retain the framerate though, so I wouldn't count it out just because they're aiming for 60FPS on consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Probably just left over/legacy code from DiRT3, as part of the EGO engine.
Could be brought back for the console versions, but with the 60fps target, I doubt it.
Well, splitscreen in GRID 2 for example had degraded graphics without you ever changing them. I run the game basically at max settings but the splitscreen... looked so bad I could puke. It did retain the framerate though, so I wouldn't count it out just because they're aiming for 60FPS on consoles.
That's completely normal for split screen. Something gets downgraded. Usually the LOD's, texture resolution, etc.
In Mario Kart 8, going to 3 or 4 player splitscreen halves the fps cap from 60 to 30.
GRID 2 however, was 30fps to start with on consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
BrySkye said:
Probably just left over/legacy code from DiRT3, as part of the EGO engine.
Could be brought back for the console versions, but with the 60fps target, I doubt it.
Well, splitscreen in GRID 2 for example had degraded graphics without you ever changing them. I run the game basically at max settings but the splitscreen... looked so bad I could puke. It did retain the framerate though, so I wouldn't count it out just because they're aiming for 60FPS on consoles.
That's completely normal for split screen. Something gets downgraded. Usually the LOD's, texture resolution, etc.
In Mario Kart 8, going to 3 or 4 player splitscreen halves the fps cap from 60 to 30.
GRID 2 however, was 30fps to start with on consoles.
No launching space shuttle in Sega Rally Online Arcade splitscreen. :disappointed: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
According to the RoadBook yesterday, we are getting a patch before April, wonder if something EXTRA will be in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
According to the RoadBook yesterday, we are getting a patch before April, wonder if something EXTRA will be in it.
Sadly, at least for the sake of gossip, I think they already made it pretty clear that there won't be. Bug fixes and nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
gfRally said:
According to the RoadBook yesterday, we are getting a patch before April, wonder if something EXTRA will be in it.
Sadly, at least for the sake of gossip, I think they already made it pretty clear that there won't be. Bug fixes and nothing more.
Indeed. The tone of that part points that if there will be any "gamebraking" bugs they'll release the fixes for those (and only those), but all the extra stuff will be coming with the console release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
According to the RoadBook yesterday, we are getting a patch before April, wonder if something EXTRA will be in it.
Paul said on twitter only fixes in next patches, no new content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've been watching videos from mighty Monte and one thing that I'd love to see in future games is more changing surface...few turns in shadows with ice/snow and after that back to tarmac. It requires so much attention, carefulness and knowing when to push. Too bad something like random snow/ice isn't possible yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
I've been watching videos from mighty Monte and one thing that I'd love to see in future games is more changing surface...few turns in shadows with ice/snow and after that back to tarmac. It requires so much attention, carefulness and knowing when to push. Too bad something like random snow/ice isn't possible yet.
Dont forget all the mud! :smiley: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Areyouben said:
Petter moving to a factory team right? Might be Mercedes looking at this PR video:

http://youtu.be/ZyyUjLB8TXc
See crash.net Solberg says probably one more year as a privateer. He also hints Sebastian Loeb joining WRX This year !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Honestly, he's probably not getting much anyway.
I think the only person who's ever really made a lot of money out of video game royalties was Tony Hawk.

Granted it's split between a lot more people (although the games sell a lot more as well), but just to given an idea, in 2014 it was revealed a top WWE wrestler got about US$11,000  in the first quarter in video game royalties.
That was down to less than $2000 for the 2nd quarter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Honestly, he's probably not getting much anyway.
I think the only person who's ever really made a lot of money out of video game royalties was Tony Hawk.

Granted it's split between a lot more people (although the games sell a lot more as well), but just to given an idea, in 2014 it was revealed a top WWE wrestler got about US$11,000  in the first quarter in video game royalties.
That was down to less than $2000 for the 2nd quarter. 
I think Tiger Woods cashed in a few dollars by putting his name on EA products, no? ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That seems to be the console press preview?                                                                                        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×