DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

KevM said:
That seems to be the console press preview?                                                                                        
That's what they say on instagram.... We can hope for some new gossip leaks about future content on following days

grancab said:
KevM said:
That's what they say on instagram.... We can hope for some new gossip leaks about future content on following days
Fingers crossed!

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/691586197223821312

not sure how to imbed tweets, but heres another pic, and confirmation it's press day for consoles. Also shows a slightly new menu layout, and the tutorials section

tbtstt said:
grancab said:
KevM said:
Fingers crossed!
If not, pitchforks up xD

I'm looking forward to the release day the most, as it will probably be my only hope of placing any where decent in a daily!

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/691586197223821312

not sure how to imbed tweets, but heres another pic, and confirmation it's press day for consoles. Also shows a slightly new menu layout, and the tutorials section
I'm actually a little disappointed that they didn't have any DiRTy Gossipers in there first to test things for the press... :smiley: 

bogani said:
BrySkye said:
Honestly, he's probably not getting much anyway.
I think the only person who's ever really made a lot of money out of video game royalties was Tony Hawk.

Granted it's split between a lot more people (although the games sell a lot more as well), but just to given an idea, in 2014 it was revealed a top WWE wrestler got about US$11,000  in the first quarter in video game royalties.
That was down to less than $2000 for the 2nd quarter. 
I think Tiger Woods cashed in a few dollars by putting his name on EA products, no? ;-) 
True, though if only because it's been 15 games. The best selling one of them was about 1.5 million copies back in 2003 though, and the royalties are largely based off of game sales.
So even then VG royalties would have been a drop in the ocean compared to his other sponsors.

Alright, now I reckon that April is anticipating a console release with full content including all fixes and updates that were planned for PC. The unravelled gossips about Colin McRae livery and the Impreza are probably going to be added to console copies as well as updates to PC in the same month. 

We might as well anticipate these releases at the end of April as a result to the commemoration of a year from the release of EA.

Darhour said:
Alright, now I reckon that April is anticipating a console release with full content including all fixes and updates that were planned for PC. The unravelled gossips about Colin McRae livery and the Impreza are probably going to be added to console copies as well as updates to PC in the same month. 

We might as well anticipate these releases at the end of April as a result to the commemoration of a year from the release of EA.
But we know the console release is April 5th?

So, the game is ready to be shown to press already, there's a 'work in progress' text shown at the top, but we can assume that it is coming along nicely. I'd guess they are finalising getting some of the content in, making sure everything works the same as PC and optimising it

yes it must be about done now on console.will be about polishing it now. soon be gold . im looking forward to the console release and all the new dirt rally fans. :)

bogani said:
BrySkye said:
I think the only person who's ever really made a lot of money out of video game royalties was Tony Hawk.

Granted it's split between a lot more people (although the games sell a lot more as well), but just to given an idea, in 2014 it was revealed a top WWE wrestler got about US$11,000  in the first quarter in video game royalties.
I think Tiger Woods cashed in a few dollars by putting his name on EA products, no? ;-) 
I'm pretty certain there was a rally driver who lent his name to a couple of games as well, his name escapes though.

I'm pretty certain there was a rally driver who lent his name to a couple of games as well, his name escapes though.

Gigi Galli! or was that a dream?..

Darhour said:

But we know the console release is April 5th?

So, the game is ready to be shown to press already, there's a 'work in progress' text shown at the top, but we can assume that it is coming along nicely. I'd guess they are finalising getting some of the content in, making sure everything works the same as PC and optimising it
Yeah, that is the plan I assume. I noticed the "work in progress" text as well as the changes occured on mainmenu background.

I wonder when we will be seeing the results of this press day? I'd imagine it would be relatively soon seeing as there isn't really any exclusive reveals (that we know of). There's also only about 10 weeks to launch now

I really like the new look background menus showing the cars in detail, it's something i liked from seeing the SLRE videos, nice touch, especially as when DR does it, you realise the quality that DR has....  

The scenes are nice, but having the cars there really helps to see the car model more often, if you think about it, you rarely see your car, and that's a real shame with how much work CM put in to them.

Any gossip here? Germans pls help.
http://www.spielejournalist.de/2016/01/25/im-gespraech-mit-paul-coleman-chefdesigner-von-codemasters-steam-early-access-war-das-beste-was-uns-passieren-konnte/

bogani said:
BrySkye said:

We were talking about people making lots of money on video game royalties, and how it's generally a lot lower than people think. :P 
Wasn't meant to be a list of every game endorsed by anyone, ever, lol.

I really like the new look background menus showing the cars in detail, it's something i liked from seeing the SLRE videos, nice touch, especially as when DR does it, you realise the quality that DR has....  

The scenes are nice, but having the cars there really helps to see the car model more often, if you think about it, you rarely see your car, and that's a real shame with how much work CM put in to them.
I see them all the time, every race. :)

I only get to see the bonnet up close and personal, others don't see the outside at all!  You're clearly a chase cammer ;)

Job3k said:
http://www.spielejournalist.de/2016/01/25/im-gespraech-mit-paul-coleman-chefdesigner-von-codemasters-steam-early-access-war-das-beste-was-uns-passieren-konnte/

I'm no expert in German, but expect new "extras" that should be announced in February?

Job3k said:
According to google translate there will be some more content coming which they will talk about in february. Looks like they will add more languages too.

Job3k said:
According to google translate there will be some more content coming which they will talk about in february. Looks like they will add more languages too.
Paul already confirmed that we will have new languages.

I only get to see the bonnet up close and personal, others don't see the outside at all!  You're clearly a chase cammer ;)
And proud