F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

You two are crazy! :)

I always loved playing the arcade-like games from that view, mostly because it reminded of when i raced RC cars, and i loved looking at the car etc.

These days, whilst i can't/don't play from the helmet view, i do have to have something strapped to the car in order to 'feel' it :)

Azoresst said:
Job3k said:
Any gossip here? Germans pls help.
http://www.spielejournalist.de/2016/01/25/im-gespraech-mit-paul-coleman-chefdesigner-von-codemasters-steam-early-access-war-das-beste-was-uns-passieren-konnte/
According to google translate there will be some more content coming which they will talk about in february. Looks like they will add more languages too.
Paul already confirmed that we will have new languages.
Yep, and my GoogleTranslate-Foo says that there is new content that they will *talk* more about in Feb :)

yo guys

lot of new gossip

new languages and new content....

hmmm... i bet for  the renaults and maybe a pair other cars   and 2 locations.

let's see if i'm right :)

The Codies may have had time to get another license, like the 206?

Body is 2 characters too sexy

Procver said:
Well, at this point the most probable things that will be released on April are the all gravel Pikes Peak and the missing Renaults. Anything other than those is nothing more than a guess.
In other words, we need stuff to gossip about xD

You two are crazy! :)

I always loved playing the arcade-like games from that view, mostly because it reminded of when i raced RC cars, and i loved looking at the car etc.

These days, whilst i can't/don't play from the helmet view, i do have to have something strapped to the car in order to 'feel' it :)
It's kind of a traditional thing for me just for Rally games + c... pad.
Circuit racers or a nice openworld game like TDU... even European Truck Simulator 2, I'd be using bonnet or cockpit.
Apart from the nostalgia, it's nice to see exactly what the rear end is doing and where it is in rally.
With the bonus that I get to see the cars and all those nice downloaded liveries. 

Procver said:
Well, at this point the most probable things that will be released on April are the all gravel Pikes Peak and the missing Renaults. Anything other than those is nothing more than a guess.
In other words, we need stuff to gossip about xD
Well I wouldn't have a problem with Renaults either! lol
But this thread is running dry, we need @KickUp to throw as a bone!

KevM said:
Where's @ChristinaMc when you need her, eh?? :)
I guess she should be partaking in the gossipers' chores :blush: 

teknoid85 said:
yo guys

lot of new gossip

new languages and new content....

hmmm... i bet for  the renaults and maybe a pair other cars   and 2 locations.

let's see if i'm right :)

sorry if i quote myself ;)
i bet for 2 extra locations because i think  for a console-release 6 locations are too less.  imo

I'll put money on no more locations.

Think about it. Over the 8 month course of Early Access, we got 4 new locations + Rallycross.
Sounds like the timing could work out?
Thing is, the four months between PC and console release has to be spent actually porting the game to consoles, XBL/PSN friendly netcode and integration, testing it, polishing it up and going through the console QA process with Sony and Microsoft before finally going to manufacture and then distribution (during which the inevitable day one patch will be prepared and tested).

There just isn't really time for significant new content, unless it was already well into development during EA, and that seems unlikely.
I'd reckon the console version will probably be Content Complete sometime around the end of February to the middle of March.

BrySkye said:
I'll put money on no more locations.

Think about it. Over the 8 month course of Early Access, we got 4 new locations + Rallycross.
Sounds like the timing could work out?
Thing is, the four months between PC and console release has to be spent actually porting the game to consoles, XBL/PSN friendly netcode and integration, testing it, polishing it up and going through the console QA process with Sony and Microsoft before finally going to manufacture and then distribution (during which the inevitable day one patch will be prepared and tested).

There just isn't really time for significant new content, unless it was already well into development during EA, and that seems unlikely.
I'd reckon the console version will probably be Content Complete sometime around the end of February to the middle of March.
probably, but like i said 6 locations for a consolerally game sounds too less   imo 

teknoid85 said:
probably, but like i said 6 locations for a consolerally game sounds too less   imo 
A lot of rally games have released on console with a lot less.

And don't forget, they will say x stages over 6 locations, games have done that (especially car-based games) for a long LONG time.

Really glad to see some bug reports with card contents unreadable on some backgrounds taken into consideration and even implemented into consoles, really good job and happy to see that the feedback is read :)

I agree with @BrySkye - I wouldn't count on any more locations added, at the best chance we will have cars from Renault, most probably we'll have some liveries too.

Just noticed the "Tutorials" part on the menu screen on that photo. Seems like they are going to implement some form of "Rally school" into the game. Wonder in what form though? I'm kind of betting on some tutorial videos taken from YouTube or something along the lines.

I hope it's video, but wouldn't be surprised if it was text and graphics (not too terrible—most of my learning about rally came from the detailed loading screen tips in Rallisport Challenge 2).

With its mortarboard icon, I secretly hope the tutorials section will include some kind of interactive element, like practicing what some videos might show, that you could "graduate" from.