F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Damn, that video is private now, so I can't see the new cars! Are the new rallycross cars you are talking about S1600 cars or Supercars? 

tbtstt said:
Damn, that video is private now, so I can't see the new cars! Are the new rallycross cars you are talking about S1600 cars or Supercars? 
There were classic mini RX cars and what we guess we're s1600 corsa, 206 and ummm.... The other one...

edit: Clio, that was it!

tbtstt said:
Well, i guess we wern't supposed to see them yet :) 

tbtstt said:
There were classic mini RX cars and what we guess we're s1600 corsa, 206 and ummm.... The other one...

207, not a 206. And also Renault Alpine, Renault 5 and 208PP

tbtstt said:

Cool! There have been 206, 207 and Clio Supercars, but it seemed more logical that they would be S1600 cars. I know the addition of a "beginners" rallycross class was something that was mentioned a while ago. I was actually expecting Codemasters to opt for the Supercar Lites, glad to see the Super 1600's get included though. 

Nice to see the classic Mini get a go on the rallycross circuit. Have to say I was hoping for some classic rallycross content, though not quite that classic! :smiley: 

Rallycross aside the addition of the Peugeot 208 is fantastic news. It's the most iconic modern Pikes Peak car in my personal opinion, so that's 
brilliant they've got it. And the return of proper colours for the Group A Impreza: AT LAST*! 

* Yeah, I know you PC owners have been able to add it in! 

I'm not going to break our own embargo but I can say that we are thinking of doing another DiRT Show (hopefully later this week) so if you want to ask me anything about the new stuff I'll be happy to answer as much as I can. 

By the way , could the 208PP be 'That other car' ??

EDIT: question for Dirt Show, is there any hope left for the 2015 WRX STI R4 ?

function9 said:
The 208PP? Oh lawd, sub 7min times for Pikes Peak here we come. :|

SkyRex said:
If it's easy to control like 405PP - yeah, probably.
And the possibility of full gravel pikes peak... I want to test it ASAP :)

KickUp said:
I'm not going to break our own embargo but I can say that we are thinking of doing another DiRT Show (hopefully later this week) so if you want to ask me anything about the new stuff I'll be happy to answer as much as I can. 
Thanks @KickUp I love the DiRT Show! Will it be mostly about progress on the console version? Either way, it will be great to hear about new PC stuff as well :)

The basic question, we are right in everything we have spotted in that video, aren't we?
Mcrae's liveries, Pikes Peak full gravel, three different RX categories. 
I imagine new rally stages and locations is harder to do right now but, will be at least a new RX circuit for this awesome new Rx Cars?
The other question, is 208 PP is gonna be a standalone Hillclimb Category or will it have some partner?

You have to admit our dedication searching on the internet to find gossip material.

A video is much easier to gossip over than trying to find a coded riddle that Lee left on MySpace, which led to a treasure hunt across Africa

SkyRex said:

EDIT: question for Dirt Show, is there any hope left for the 2015 WRX STI R4 ?
[jumping up and down, stomping feet] No NO NO, "That other car" can only be a Subaru, I claim to use that first.  :)  

Now being serious, Paul used something close, can't remember.

@kickup  Couple of questions for Live show:  

Will any of the older events, like Greece been giving a second pass with cinema cameras, more like Finland and Sweden?
Since moving to a console version, has the cockpit steering animations been updated?
Lastly, will there be any DLC after April, has there been a decision made yet?

Oh one more thing for everyone, will the 208 have Loeb on the side?  bwahahah on SLRE if it does.  Probably not, as Burns is missing from the Subaru, but it would be fun to see.

You don't have to bet on anything: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/39596/dirt-rally-update-version-1-03
BrySkye said:
I mean, just look at what's in Group B. The Peugeot 205 E2 is pretty much in a league of it's own, especially compared to the Quattro.
Since V2, Delta S4 is competitive with that French abomination. At least Porky says so and I can believe that after few rounds on Monte Carlo and Germany (I suck on gravel/snow, so can't say how it looks there).
So right now you have lower Group B (Metro, Quattro, RS200) and higher Group B (S4 and 205).

So right now you have lower Group B (Metro, Quattro, RS200) and higher Group B (S4 and 205).
So pretty much exactly like the rallies of the era then! 

tbtstt said:
not exactly, there should be an audi in the higher group.

Dique said:
tbtstt said:
Perhaps (and it's a slightly off topic discussion) but the Quattro E2 was never as competitive as the Delta S4 or Pug 205.

tbtstt said:
Dique said:
tbtstt said:
Perhaps (and it's a slightly off topic discussion) but the Quattro E2 was never as competitive as the Delta S4 or Pug 205.
Well they managed to be 2nd in 85 championship with it, beating Ari Vatanen in 205. And in 86, they quit after Portugal, which was 3rd event of the calendar, while finishing 3rd in Monte Carlo just 7 seconds behind the winning S4. So I would say it was as competitive, just they quit early.

So if the Quattro E2 would join the Group B after all, we would have a very nice situation in Group B. 3 cars on each side of the performance range. The one in-game right now is the S1 after all ;)

Some new pics : http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/02/dirt-rally-on-ps4-10-things-you-probably-didnt-know/