DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

gfRally said:
@Darhour 
The last of us has my hometown in it (Pittsburgh) except for the apocalyptic look
I don't know if I believe that post apocalyptic thing, it just hasn't grown over with vegetation.

Darhour said:
tbtstt said:
Darhour said:
Gossipers should get their free copies of a DiRT game of their choice+ A booklet of future hints and gossip material. 

I mean we are a family, right? :lol: 
BEST. IDEA. EVER.

In semi-related news, I just got a delivery...

...first job: get Black Ops III out of the box and sell it on ebay!
Alright!!!! :blush: 

Get the Last of Us and DriveClub *whispering* :blush:
Already have Last Of Us on PS3 (it's actually the last game I bought for it!). Phenomenal game - and I'm sure it looks better on PS4 - but I have recently played it through twice, so I don't really fancy playing it again. Have played DriveClub on several mates PS4's: fun, but I wasn't blown away by it. 

MGS5 is the only other game I really want for the PS4 at the moment: I'm a huge fan of the series and I deferred buying MGS5 on the PS3 so I can see it at it's best on the PS4! 

JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
Forgive the double post, but it looks like @ChristinaMc's parcel arrived:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/712661293136756739/photo/1
Best. Package. Ever!
I nominate @tbtstt to recieve a promo copy. Come on.
THIS IS THE NEW BEST POST EVER. 

:smiley: 

tbtstt said:
Hah, and here I thought I would be posting a hint on what to do with it xD Great minds think alike xD
I just hope for a little performance increase.My fps in monte carlo is just terrible :( 
Some trees are a real menace for the FPS counter. But on the other hand you have to keep in mind that you often have a view of the entire valley filled with those trees, fog, etc. So while the FPS should improve, I wouldn't expect much improvement. Still, those trees... they should be growing nicely with all that FPS they ate xD

tbtstt said:
Darhour said:
tbtstt said:
Darhour said:
Gossipers should get their free copies of a DiRT game of their choice+ A booklet of future hints and gossip material. 

BEST. IDEA. EVER.

Already have Last Of Us on PS3 (it's actually the last game I bought for it!). Phenomenal game - and I'm sure it looks better on PS4 - but I have recently played it through twice, so I don't really fancy playing it again. Have played DriveClub on several mates PS4's: fun, but I wasn't blown away by it. 

MGS5 is the only other game I really want for the PS4 at the moment: I'm a huge fan of the series and I deferred buying MGS5 on the PS3 so I can see it at it's best on the PS4! 
MGS5 is a FANTASTIC game, but no spoilers, it doesn't really have a conclusive ending, it just ends without answering any questions, and raises new ones. >:)

tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:

Best. Package. Ever!

Yeah I agree, this poor guy has been watching videos of us playing and talking about it forever, never being able to play it himself!  Hook him up!

There's been a lot of arguing on the forums these past few days. I think the waiting is getting to us! Can the devs give us a little bit of gossip to keep us all from going crazy? Pretty please?  :)

tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:

Best. Package. Ever!

Seeing as we're amazingly off topic still ;)  Anyone seen "Still Too Fast to Race - Group B Rally"   Any good?

Seeing as we're amazingly off topic still ;)  Anyone seen "Still Too Fast to Race - Group B Rally"   Any good?
It's OK @F2CMaDMaXX, I saw it years ago (on VHS!) and thought it was a bit cheesy, but it's worth a watch if you see it cheap. The more recent "Madness on Wheels" is a bit sensationalist, but much better put together (in my personal opinion).

The "a la une" series are still my fave Group B videos, as they don't have any commentary, just pure footage. They are all very difficult to find these days though. 
tbtstt said:
Hah, and here I thought I would be posting a hint on what to do with it xD Great minds think alike xD

Ha! I have enjoyed a lot of the COD games @RyuMakkuro (in fact I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who liked Ghosts!), but the last few have done nothing for me. I have played a bit of Blacks Ops II and briefly played Black Ops III a couple of weeks ago: both seemed a bit much, especially online. with the stupid costumes and the like.
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
Darhour said:
tbtstt said:
Darhour said:

BEST. IDEA. EVER.

MGS5 is a FANTASTIC game, but no spoilers, it doesn't really have a conclusive ending, it just ends without answering any questions, and raises new ones. >:)
Given where it fits into the timeline I was expecting as much @JZStudios. Peace Walker (and Ground Zeroes) have stories within them, but they don't really contribute that much to the overall MGS storyline. It's a Metal Gear game though, so I'm already sold!
griev0r said:

tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:

Best. Package. Ever!

Yeah I agree, this poor guy has been watching videos of us playing and talking about it forever, never being able to play it himself!  Hook him up!
It has been a rather long wait @griev0r: 512 days since I saw the game at CM, just 11 to go before I get to play it again! 

Gossip eh? Well... We're definitely working on something. As for my part of the art, I've been doing a lot of testing and exploration with regards to smoke and dust, stuff that we haven't done before... ;)

make sure while you doing that you look at replay camera positions.

most of us guys here record daily runs. the camera angles we want you use in your official videos. so you have them just locked off. let us at em. or make a extra dlc or anything just for those camera angles to record our replays.

it benefits the players & the game.

tbtstt said:
Ha! I have enjoyed a lot of the COD games @RyuMakkuro (in fact I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who liked Ghosts!), but the last few have done nothing for me. I have played a bit of Blacks Ops II and briefly played Black Ops III a couple of weeks ago: both seemed a bit much, especially online. with the stupid costumes and the like.
When it comes to arcade shooters, I personally prefer Unreal Tournament 3 or something of the sorts. If you do something, do it properly or don't do it at all. Wish they would remake the Medal of Honor games, starting with the very first on the PSX. Ahh... those were the times. Still remember how killing enemies from close range with shotgun made them do a backflip :D
urgaffel said:
Gossip eh? Well... We're definitely working on something. As for my part of the art, I've been doing a lot of testing and exploration with regards to smoke and dust, stuff that we haven't done before... ;)
Hoping for some epic small gravel spitting action like in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERPEyfV0RC8

tbtstt said:
When it comes to arcade shooters, I personally prefer Unreal Tournament 3 or something of the sorts. If you do something, do it properly or don't do it at all. Wish they would remake the Medal of Honor games, starting with the very first on the PSX. Ahh... those were the times. Still remember how killing enemies from close range with shotgun made them do a backflip :D

Storming Normandy beach: still one of the best gaming monents of all time!

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

Storming Normandy beach: still one of the best gaming monents of all time!
Aye, Allied Assault was great, though I still prefer the first ones more. Destroying the V2 rocket in the very first MoH... dem feels. In any case, enough of this off-topic or Skiddy will have our asses xD

Aye, Allied Assault was great, though I still prefer the first ones more. Destroying the V2 rocket in the very first MoH... dem feels. In any case, enough of this off-topic or Skiddy will have our asses xD
Haha, fair point! 

Not gossip, but a minor game-related question to bring the thread back on topic: does DiRT Rally remember your fave livery choice for each car? (the same way that DiRT 3 did?)

Yep!                                             

KevM said:
Yep!                                             
Excellent! Only a minor thing, but every video I've seen of the car selection screen always seems to show each car starting at livery 1: was curious if that feature had been retained. 

urgaffel said:
Smoke and dust? Dafuq are you up to? :-) Australia is dusty... or is hardcore damage mode on the table? Or barcelona RX?

urgaffel said:
Smoke eh? I am sure this is for tire smoke on tarmac, but since this is a gossip thread...

CAR FIRES CONFIRMED! :wink: 

Well, look forward to whatever it is, @urgaffel :)

However, *cracks knuckles* gossip, @Hatward already (jokingly) asked someone how they'd feel about a day 1 patch....

Hope whatever it is will make it into 1.1.1? :)

I just hope for a little performance increase.My fps in monte carlo is just terrible :( 
Some trees are a real menace for the FPS counter. But on the other hand you have to keep in mind that you often have a view of the entire valley filled with those trees, fog, etc. So while the FPS should improve, I wouldn't expect much improvement. Still, those trees... they should be growing nicely with all that FPS they ate xD
There are a couple stretches of Sweden where the trees affect the fps the same way as in Monte Carlo, but I never have any tree-related performance issues in even the most forested sections of Finland, Greece, etc. 

Weirdly, I found the trees in F1 2010 (only F1 game I've played, and just started) to have a big fps hit, but the trees in Grid Autosport don't have any negative impact.

enamel said:
urgaffel said:
Smoke eh? I am sure this is for tire smoke on tarmac, but since this is a gossip thread...

CAR FIRES CONFIRMED! :wink: 
Exploding chickens xD

Rewinding to a conversation a couple of pages back...
KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
Will there be any Codemasters presence at Lydden Hill for the second round of the British Rallycross Championship (at the end of March) @KickUp, or only at the World round? 
Possibly. I seem to remember someone mentioning that the game would be there but perhaps not in an official capacity. 
...any advance on this @KickUp? Will DR/CM be at Lydden?