Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPiEOMgDqNI

SPOILER ALERT!!!!: Alpine A110 gameplay. 
After watching this video, I have a small complaint: I saw that the Renault 5 Turbo is included in the same class as the Sierra RS and M3. I'm my opinion is the wrong class. For me the R5 will fit better in the 70's class or RWD Group B class. I'll will explain you my opinion:
The model represented in the game is the "Cevennes" or 1982 season version, which is the last evolution that the R5 saw in Gr. 4 version, with 250 bhp. It was a "bridge" between the original Group 4 (the car which won the 1981 Monte-Carlo) and the first Group B model called"Tour de Corse", just before the release of the wider Maxi 5 Turbo. As far as I know,  the original R5 Turbo was homologated and raced as gr.4 in 1979 with the Calberson colours. If they put the R5 Turbo in the same class as the MK II or Stratos, in terms of power, it's the same range but in terms of stage results, maybe the R5 will be beat them. In conclussion: with the homologation form in our hands, the R5 is a Group 4 car that belongs to the 70's class. Ok, it raced in the early 80's, but the MK II, 131 or Stratos raced (with some success) in that years too... 
Some of  the Cevennes were upgraded and raced as Group B cars in the mid eighties, racing against 037s and Mantas. For me, I would prefer that the developers made the proper "TdC" version to race in the 2WD GR.B, with the different front bumper and narrower but taller wheels.

This is just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. Cheers from Spain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
well if you look at the wiki there is a few variations. r5 won monaco first go didnt it but there is a few versions it was pretty good until group b 4wd came and conquered.

some r5s were upto 350bhp. so you can argue for and against a few places it could sit.

vjab has been playing/streaming the PS4 version will all the new content in. the alpine looks amazing fun. check him here . hes on every night. https://www.twitch.tv/vajbTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
well if you look at the wiki there is a few variations. r5 won monaco first go didnt it but there is a few versions it was pretty good until group b 4wd came and conquered.

some r5s were upto 350bhp. so you can argue for and against a few places it could sit.

vjab has been playing/streaming the PS4 version will all the new content in. the alpine looks amazing fun. check him here . hes on every night. https://www.twitch.tv/vajbTV

Yes, I know there are a lot of variation, and place in the correct category could be difficult.
As fa as I konw the model which had 350 bhp was the 1985/86 Maxi 5 Turbo.
In Spain, between 1987 and 1989 (I think) raced a 4wd Maxi 5 Turbo by the Spanish Renault Sport Team. I think it was made in France by request of the Spanish team. If I found more info, I'll post it here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, I left a comment on the review page. Couldn't think of anything too funny to say, but eh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul would be surprised for someone stalking him at instagram concerning the BMW 1M lol

Mexico? What kind of drug the fellow is taking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuanDíaz said:
This is just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. Cheers from Spain.
It's not that you're wrong. It's as simple as 70's class having 4 cars an 80's having 2 and there being no point in adding a 5th car to the 70's class when it can easily compete in the 80's class (well, both of those classes compete with each other anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's not a bad guess. I saw someone refer to it as Portugal once.

Poor, beautiful and unrecognizable Greece. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On a side note, I just went back to the first page, and @tbtstt has been waiting FOR 2 YEARS! HOLY CRAP!
httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom236x96bd9396bd938f7f4b835cd41a43cecdd0b948jpg
Don't worry tbtstt, it'll happen. Seriously, can we just give this guy a break and send him a copy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
On a side note, I just went back to the first page, and @tbtstt has been waiting FOR 2 YEARS! HOLY CRAP!
httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom236x96bd9396bd938f7f4b835cd41a43cecdd0b948jpg
Don't worry tbtstt, it'll happen. Seriously, can we just give this guy a break and send him a copy?

Haha, I appreciate the continuing thoughts @JZStudios! I actually visited Codemasters back in October 2014, so I played the game (in it's pre-release form) 17 months ago. 

Still the good news today, is that 517 days after my first (and only) proper play of the game, it's just 7 days until release, hurrah! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
On a side note, I just went back to the first page, and @tbtstt has been waiting FOR 2 YEARS! HOLY CRAP!
httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom236x96bd9396bd938f7f4b835cd41a43cecdd0b948jpg
Don't worry tbtstt, it'll happen. Seriously, can we just give this guy a break and send him a copy?

Haha, I appreciate the continuing thoughts @JZStudios! I actually visited Codemasters back in October 2014, so I played the game (in it's pre-release form) 17 months ago. 

Still the good news today, is that 517 days after my first (and only) proper play of the game, it's just 7 days until release, hurrah! 

@tbtstt perhaps you can return ur PS4 and cancel DiRT Rally, and save your money for this auction:

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/category/382/Performance-Road-Cars/listings/35965/Subaru-Impreza-22B-STi.html

:P Just kidding ofc! Just go for DiRT rally its awesome! :D


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Check this video. Like author said, They look pretty damn identical . LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYq5gKvac9M&list=LLOjMYaj6LAWkaVwyrTUkO6Q&index=3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm looking forward to playing dirt in full 1080p on a 32" tv, rather than playing at minimum specs on my struggling laptop. Kind of wish I hadn't put so many hours into the game playing it that way, but it was hard not to! Haven't played since November/December now, so looking forward to 7 days time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
On a side note, I just went back to the first page, and @tbtstt has been waiting FOR 2 YEARS! HOLY CRAP!
httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom236x96bd9396bd938f7f4b835cd41a43cecdd0b948jpg
Don't worry tbtstt, it'll happen. Seriously, can we just give this guy a break and send him a copy?

Haha, I appreciate the continuing thoughts @JZStudios! I actually visited Codemasters back in October 2014, so I played the game (in it's pre-release form) 17 months ago. 

Still the good news today, is that 517 days after my first (and only) proper play of the game, it's just 7 days until release, hurrah! 

@tbtstt perhaps you can return ur PS4 and cancel DiRT Rally, and save your money for this auction:

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/category/382/Performance-Road-Cars/listings/35965/Subaru-Impreza-22B-STi.html

:P Just kidding ofc! Just go for DiRT rally its awesome! :D


Haha! I think it's going to take more than the cost of a PS4 to win that auction @ThierryNeuville! Shamefully the PS4 arrived last week and I haven't event turned it on yet! Will try and get it set up before the weekend so it's ready to go for next Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Job3k said:
Check this video. Like author said, They look pretty damn identical . LOL

Someone that is not looking at the gameplay or physics so much and just comparing raw data/graphics says a lot for Codemasters.  It sounds like DOING THE PC VERSION FIRST, testing over here, getting it right, then do the best port possible.  This is defiantly the right formula.  I am extremely biased :)

Besides we like to gloat how good it is and torture you guys on consoles, though it lost its fun (like a cat) after so long.  xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Job3k said:
Check this video. Like author said, They look pretty damn identical . LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYq5gKvac9M&list=LLOjMYaj6LAWkaVwyrTUkO6Q&index=3
There are some slight differences, but nothing that will bother me. And they're only noticeable when side by side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looks very similar. yet there are differences. Kudos to Codemasters for that. However, it breaks my heart that people play this in chase-cam. 
You should stop caring about how other people choose to play their game, or you'll develop an ulcer before too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
Hey! Page 500 of the Gossip thread! I feel like we deserve a reward.
500 pages of joy, grief and everything between that <3 
500 pages of off-topic ramblings, nonsensical hypotheses and car-name arguments #S1E22B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xbone version quite definitely has washed out colours compared to PC version, also Ambient Occlusion seems to be slightly weaker, but otherwise it's nearly identical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
789ifyz said:
JZStudios said:
Hey! Page 500 of the Gossip thread! I feel like we deserve a reward.
500 pages of joy, grief and everything between that <3 
500 pages of off-topic ramblings, nonsensical hypotheses and car-name arguments #S1E22B
As we have reached such a momentous occasion - and with DiRT Rally about to come full circle and get released on console - an appearance from @justbiglee would surely be appropriate! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know for sure the particle effect on ultra is very demanding on PC. I doubt the console version is the same, but the different is so subtle that very few will notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
789ifyz said:
JZStudios said:
Hey! Page 500 of the Gossip thread! I feel like we deserve a reward.
500 pages of joy, grief and everything between that <3 
500 pages of off-topic ramblings, nonsensical hypotheses and car-name arguments #S1E22B
And yet this thread is legendary enough that its refered to in every live show.  Also the name of the forums on PS4 if im not correct, but that will never be the origional (here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
console reviews are starting to flood in now with 7 days to release. Doing well on PS4 with a score og 86 from 11 critics, so far one of the highest rated ps4 games, level with fallout


http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/dirt-rally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×